Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Rose Hill Recycle Centre to reopen 30 May 2020  (Read 7189 times)

jimblob

Re: Rose Hill Recycle Centre to reopen 30 May 2020
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2020, 01:56:28 PM »
YOU HOOVER O MY GOD IT MUST BE THE LOCKDOWN.

only radioactive waste!

amazon

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2020, 01:51:25 PM »
More bureaucracy; so then they'll need to link your proof of address to you actually being that person with some form of photo ID. Full time role and a computer system to support it! Probably have to build a little booth at the entrance with the obligatory brewing facilities included... Increased costs! The ANPR in place now is working well I understand. GM combined authority only need to link that to DVLA data and see where your car is registered and bingo, they've got all the info they need for the large majority of visitors. Those who flout the rules are probably prime canidates to also have no tax/insurance/MOT, so a bit of joined-up thinking here could save a fortune and not needlessly penalise the humble council tax payer. Sadly, local authorities and councils aren't renowed for their joined-up thinking.
I went last week and a rather rotund chap, seemingly sunbathing at the gate merely grunted "Where you from" and "What you got"... he seemed wholly disinterested in my responses. I could have been dumping radioactive plutonium and told him it was dust from my hoover and he wouldn't have cared.
YOU HOOVER O MY GOD IT MUST BE THE LOCKDOWN.

jimblob

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2020, 12:41:21 PM »
More bureaucracy; so then they'll need to link your proof of address to you actually being that person with some form of photo ID. Full time role and a computer system to support it! Probably have to build a little booth at the entrance with the obligatory brewing facilities included... Increased costs! The ANPR in place now is working well I understand. GM combined authority only need to link that to DVLA data and see where your car is registered and bingo, they've got all the info they need for the large majority of visitors. Those who flout the rules are probably prime canidates to also have no tax/insurance/MOT, so a bit of joined-up thinking here could save a fortune and not needlessly penalise the humble council tax payer. Sadly, local authorities and councils aren't renowed for their joined-up thinking.
I went last week and a rather rotund chap, seemingly sunbathing at the gate merely grunted "Where you from" and "What you got"... he seemed wholly disinterested in my responses. I could have been dumping radioactive plutonium and told him it was dust from my hoover and he wouldn't have cared.

andrewbowden

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »
I visited today to be informed that the centre is soon going to be asking for proof of address for everyone.

I asked why. The chap said it was due to increased use by people outside the area which increased their costs. 

Just to warn you all.

When they reopened they said we would need ID.  So I duly printed out a copy of my council tax statement.

Then when I went with it, they didn't ask to see...

It's not uncommon to have to show it - I used to when I lived in South West London

Melancholyflower

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2020, 01:11:11 PM »
I visited today to be informed that the centre is soon going to be asking for proof of address for everyone.

I asked why. The chap said it was due to increased use by people outside the area which increased their costs. 

Just to warn you all.

CTCREP

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2020, 09:44:18 AM »
Copied from elsewhere, trying to find the original is beyond my patience.

Marple Tip opening times Monday – Sunday 8am -6pm

From Saturday 6th June, we are stopping the odd and even number plate system.

Cars and small vans under 2 metres high only – no transit type vans or vehicles with trailers

Melancholyflower

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2020, 11:37:05 PM »
Unfortunately that was a constraint imposed by Westminster.  The initial rules included closing all waste sites.  Recycle for Greater Manchester didn't have any choice in that.

Too true... it was merely wishful thinking on my part based on common sense.

I went today too. No problems whatsoever.

Dave

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
I went this morning. It was fine - no queue. Guy on the gate asks you what you have brought and where you’ve come from, but no need to produce proof of address. Or maybe it’s just because I’ve got an honest face..... 😏

andrewbowden

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2020, 07:48:18 AM »
Yes. By not closing it down in the first place.

Unfortunately that was a constraint imposed by Westminster.  The initial rules included closing all waste sites.  Recycle for Greater Manchester didn't have any choice in that.

mikes

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2020, 09:59:48 PM »
q

Why do you say that it worked very well. It might now be no longer needed but initially it was a very good idea and those behind trying to make things work for us certainly don't deserve public abuse. Particularly when they are unable to respond.

See post #28

Melancholyflower

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2020, 08:08:55 PM »
Out of interest, anyone got any better suggestions for how they could have done it given the obvious need/desire to limit traffic to the centres?

Obviously one suggestion would have been even plates on even dates, but then that has pitfalls as May had an odd number of days in it.  But could anyone here have done something even better?

Yes. By not closing it down in the first place.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2020, 12:02:31 PM »
Obviously one suggestion would have been even plates on even dates, but then that has pitfalls as May had an odd number of days in it.  But could anyone here have done something even better?

That would have been much better and far more logical without the need to check a table.

On the rota they set there were 3 odd days in a row on 12th, 13th and 14th of May.

Anyway, after 3 trips to Rose Hill this morning my old shed has gone and I've saved £80 or even £140+VAT by just keeping it stored until they reopened.

It was pretty quiet, no queuing on any of the 3 trips and the guys checking on the way in were pleasant and friendly.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2020, 10:57:00 AM »
Out of interest, anyone got any better suggestions for how they could have done it given the obvious need/desire to limit traffic to the centres?

amazon

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2020, 10:50:50 AM »
q

Why do you say that it worked very well. It might now be no longer needed but initially it was a very good idea and those behind trying to make things work for us certainly don't deserve public abuse. Particularly when they are unable to respond.
A good idea if it stoped miles of traffic queing down stockport road .