Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Rose Hill Recycle Centre to reopen 30 May 2020  (Read 7294 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Rose Hill Recycle Centre to reopen 30 May 2020
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 05:59:33 PM »
COMPOST if you have a garden you can compost . buy a compost bin .

It's certainly not about green waste for me, that's sorted now as far as I'm concerned.

However, I have a big DIY project to empty and take down a garage and a shed then rebuild them. I was planning to start it at the beginning of lock-down then they closed the tips. I then got my hopes up again recently when they said they were talking about reopening them. And now they've been dashed again if Rose Hill is not going to be opened.

Personally I agree with Dave that is shouldn't be a big problem with queues at Rose Hill (except perhaps when they first reopen).

It is really frustrating when you're locked down at home, you've got a great project you could be getting on with and you can't because of something like this. But hey ho, it's not life and death and we'll survive :)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 05:36:31 PM »
Good news for some - but not for us, sadly. Although the fact that they are only accepting bagged up general waste (i.e. no garden waste, even though there are no green bin collections) makes it of limited use anyway.

And surely this.....
..... is a feeble excuse!  If Railway Road really isn't long enough, then there is the loop by Pearson's coal depot, and the empty station car park. Plenty of space for a depressingly long queue!   ::)
COMPOST if you have a garden you can compost . buy a compost bin .

Dave

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »
Good news for some - but not for us, sadly. Although the fact that they are only accepting bagged up general waste (i.e. no garden waste, even though there are no green bin collections) makes it of limited use anyway.

And surely this.....
Rose Hill in Marple will remain closed because there is very limited space for queuing traffic.

..... is a feeble excuse!  If Railway Road really isn't long enough, then there is the loop by Pearson's coal depot, and the empty station car park. Plenty of space for a depressingly long queue!   ::)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Rose Hill Recycle Centre to reopen 30 May 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »
The following message is copied from a FB post made by Cllr @Steve Gribbon :

Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRCs) reopening:

You will be aware that the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) has said it intends or reopen some of its household waste and recycling centres (HWRCs) within the next two weeks.

The actual date of reopening is subject to traffic arrangements being finalised across GM, so that all GM sites can reopen on the same date. We will let you know as soon as this date is agreed.

We will open the Adswood HWRC for 7 days a week from 8am to 6pm. [dates to be announced, see below]

The Bredbury HWRC will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 6pm.  [dates to be announced, see below]

Rose Hill in Marple will remain closed.

We are not opening the HWRC in Bredbury during the week in order to ensure that SMBC refuse collection vehicles can freely operate and avoid any interruptions to our bin service that queuing vehicles would cause. Rose Hill in Marple will remain closed because there is very limited space for queuing traffic. To increase the rate at which cars pass through the tips, there will be limited waste streams and we will only be accepting bags of general waste. Residents will be asked to keep other waste (including garden waste) at home for the time being. Tipping arrangements have been designed so that residents can access the bays to dispose of their waste quickly and without having to pass others.

It should be noted that the HWRCs will not be working to full capacity because of the need to make sure that they are as safe as possible, and as they will be operating with reduced staff numbers. We will be following government advice on social distancing and as such limiting the number of vehicles allowed in at any time.

This post has been made by Stockport Council themselves on FB (as far as I can see it is generally compatible with the above but doesn't contain as much detail):

Stockport’s Household Waste Recycling Centres remain closed this weekend (25-26 April).

We are working on plans to reopen two centres soon and a further update will follow next week when Greater Manchester Combined Authority who are responsible for the centres, have confirmed the opening date.

Any information from other sources that gives the impression they will be opening this weekend is incorrect.

The council's web site itself is not up-to-date at the time of posting: https://www.stockport.gov.uk/tips-and-recycling-centres

And the GM site doesn't give much away either: GM Rose Hill Tip details

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website