Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Morris Homes Development of Hibbert Lane (Chatsworth Grange)  (Read 57382 times)

mikes

Unplanned tree removal
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2019, 02:19:29 PM »
I see Morris Homes are now removing trees that their original plans said would be retained.  In particular a large plane tree opposite the Brindley Avenue junction with Hibbert Lane was removed this morning.  I have reported to council and local councillor.   Quite why Morris Homes feel the need to remove perfectly sound and healthy trees is beyond me, especially as they had agreed that they would remain in the first place.

ShellyG

Re: Morris Homes Development of Hibbert Lane (Chatsworth Grange)
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2019, 08:05:16 AM »
The gardens look tiny.
It's good to see a pedestrian and cycle way through the estate."

The gardens are large and spacious at the rear of the properties  :-) 

Lily

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2017, 06:14:06 PM »
I filled it in the other day 'benevans' and am pleased to be of help.

It would be interesting to know how many people have actually filled your survey in and, if possible, what the general opinion is (when you get chance!).  Just being nosy!

Thanks

Lily

benevans_13

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »
Hi all,

I just want to say a massive thank you to all those that have completed the survey so far – your answers and time given are greatly appreciated!

Just a last minute ask for anyone who hasn’t as of yet, your answers to my survey are completely anonymous, and will provide a great help for when I’m writing my dissertation (don’t worry if you have strong opinions or couldn’t care, all responses help to show me what those in Marple, Marple Bridge and nearby think of the development!)

The link is: http://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/AvZu5N

Thank you!

(P.S. Blackfryers / Peter I have emailed you!)

Blackfryers

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2017, 01:25:28 PM »
Ben - we are currently producing a 'Neighbourhood Plan' for Marple and your survey results could help us with our housing policies. If you are willing to share your survey results (when complete), or are interested in getting involved, could you email me please? peterblack62@gmail.com

benevans_13

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »
Hi all - I am currently in my last year of University, and if you could take the time to fill out my survey it would be a great help! The purpose is to look at the different opinions of those across Marple and Marple Bridge surrounding the housing development on Hibbert Lane. The plans to build 94 houses was approved in 2015, and is still undergoing construction. Whether you have strong opinions or couldn't care about the development, all answers to the questionnaire will be a great help, as they will show me what locals think of it. Thank you!
The link is: http://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/AvZu5N

(In advance, apologies for the spelling mistakes on the survey - can no longer edit so please look past!)

Rcsprinter123

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2017, 09:00:02 PM »
Here is a link to a video of   :(

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »
What a pity they had to go and choose a silly out of area name for the new estate on Hibbert Lane. Something around "The Willows" would be more suitable/in keeping with the site (and less snobby). 

sgk

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2016, 10:18:45 PM »
New Chatsworth Grange estate website now live, see http://chatsworthestate.channel4.com/

MODERATORS NOTE: This link is not actually the web site for the Hibbert Lane estate currently under construction but the link to the site for the Channel 4 show "Shameless" which is also set on an estate called "Chatsworth Grange". The web site does contain material intended for an adult audience so please be aware of that before you click. Personally I think it's hilarious that the developers used the same name as that from a fairly infamous drama. Howard

Dave

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2016, 06:02:03 PM »
Chatsworth Grange is hilarious! Somebody somewhere who has never heard of 'Shameless' has chosen it because they think it sounds posh, oblivious to the fact that to many people, as LIly points out,  it's the complete opposite.  They might as well call it Benefits Street! Wonderful!    ;D

tonyjones

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2016, 09:28:21 AM »
Mark and Lilly have beaten me to it.

The name for the development should incorporate the name Willows.

The developers obviously did not consult any local organisation on the subject as I am sure the Civic Society wold have suggested such a name.

Lets hope it does become like the other Chatsworth estate !

Lily

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2016, 09:02:19 AM »
I think Admin's suggestion of a name incorporating 'The Willows' would be most appropriate.
Is the name 'Chatsworth Grange' set in stone or could it be changed?
Who decides on these names? Perhaps the local councillors could get involved and get it changed!

I'm afraid that the name Chatsworth Grange conjures up images of 'The Chatsworth Estate' in the television programme 'Shameless' to me.  Not a good image!!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2016, 08:46:15 PM »
What a stupid and pretentious name for the new development.

Completely unimaginative. It's been know as the Willows for years, surely "Marple Willows", "Willow Grange" or something on those lines would be more fitting and give a little nod to its history. Trying to make it sound attractive so blatantly by attempting to link it with posh Chatsworth would be totally off-putting to me.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Howard

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2016, 06:03:01 PM »
I agree with you @mikes. It's a ridiculous name. Presumably it's supposed to be classy. It's just like naming paint where you need two attractive words stuck together. For example, the new estate where The Dale Primary was is called "Rosedale". It sounds attractive and rural and will attract buyers because it sounds pleasant even though it's a portmenteau of "The Dale" and "Rose Hill". It's like supermarkets tagging "farm" on the end of their own brand food, even though the farm doesn't even exist, just to make it sound more atttractive than "no frills".

mikes

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »
It is mesmerising watching the huge machines tear the old buildings down.  It is like watching a T-Rex tear into the carcass of one of its prey.