Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Hibbert Lane Section 278 Highway Works  (Read 9798 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Hibbert Lane Section 278 Highway Works
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 05:25:17 AM »
This item was discussed again at last night's Marple Area Committee. This time the presenter was very professional and much better informed.

Despite that it had a tough time and is one of the longest items I've ever witnessed.

You can catch-up with what was said via this link:

https://stockport.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/321571/start_time/3754000
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

mikes

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 01:27:49 PM »
Makes for good weaving on a motorbike  :)

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 05:39:58 PM »
This item will be discussed at Marple Area Committee again on Wednesday 13th December.

Here are links to the report and plans, which appear to be unchanged from those presented last month:

http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/documents/s129768/Enc.%202%20for%20Hibbert%20Lane%20Development%20-%20Section%20278%20works_v1.pdf

http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/documents/s129769/Hibbert%20Lane%20Plan%20-%20Final.pdf

Lets hope that they implement these better than the shambles that is the speed cushions on Windlehurst Road. I don't think SMBC's contractors were concentrating very hard when they put them in - gaps that you could litterally drive a car through - which rather defeats the object....

Speaking from a cyclists perspective, the lack of consistent placing of these cushions is downright dangerous - with quite few being sited only a couple of feet off the gutter channel.

Not good.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 06:15:54 AM »
This item will be discussed at Marple Area Committee again on Wednesday 13th December.

Here are links to the report and plans, which appear to be unchanged from those presented last month:

http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/documents/s129768/Enc.%202%20for%20Hibbert%20Lane%20Development%20-%20Section%20278%20works_v1.pdf

http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/documents/s129769/Hibbert%20Lane%20Plan%20-%20Final.pdf
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 06:26:55 AM »
The report and plans on the Hibbert Lane Section 278 Works were considered on Wednesday night at Marple Area Committee.

A number of Councillors and members of the public reported that they had contacted officers expressing concern with various aspects of the report including the positioning of the bus stop outside No.60 Hibbert Lane and the quality of the proposed speed cushions detailed in the scheme. It was resolved that consideration of the report be deferred and that the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration be requested to attend the next meeting to address concerns raised by Councillors and members of the public.

If you are interested you can listen to this part of the meeting here:

https://stockport.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/314438/start_time/5094000

It looks like this will be discussed again, probably at the next meeting on 13 December. If you feel you will be effected by these changes then have your say before the next discussion by contacting local councillors.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »
A report on these works will be discussed at Marple AC on Wednesday 8th November.

The agenda records that the full report to be discussed is still to follow but the agenda item states:

The report requests the Area Committee to  consider the results of the recent consultation exercise carried out with residents of Hibbert Lane (between Church Lane and Buxton Lane), Cotefield Close and recommend that the Cabinet Member (Communities & Housing) approves the proposed measures and associated traffic regulation orders and proposed traffic calming features.

The Area Committee are requested to recommend that the Cabinet Member (Communities & Housing) approves the proposed measures and associated traffic regulation orders and proposed traffic calming features.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 10:19:32 AM »
Nobody seems concerned that these changes simply make driving in and out or Marple slower and the queues longer. I'm all for safety, but at what cost.

Personally I find the number of parked cars reducing the space for moving cars to basically one lane - especially near Goyt Mill - more delaying than the speed bumps.

And whilst I can see it will make driving slower (although given I tend to drive over them at about 25mph, it's not that slower), I'm unsure how it's going to make the queues longer?  The amount of traffic isn't going to increase with these changes after all.

wheels

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
Nobody seems concerned that these changes simply make driving in and out or Marple slower and the queues longer. I'm all for safety, but at what cost.

Perhaps it's not lack of concern, have you considered that having been made aware of these proposals people actually agree with them. 😆

jimblob

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 03:54:45 PM »

rsh

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 08:54:33 AM »
Thanks for posting the letter mikes. Disappointing this doesn't seem to be freely available on the council website given it'll impact far more people than just the residents addressed to.

Agreed speed cushions are useless, cause dangerous driving and judging by speeds further up Hibbert Lane have almost zero effect. Sadly SMBC seem to have a job lot because they're going in all along Windlehurst too.

The mini roundabout will probably have more effect slowing traffic, although it's disappointing they're not adding a raised table at the entrance to Edwards Way, to define this as a housing area not a through route, as was proposed with Asda, given this'll now be a very inviting rat run. Likewise, this scheme seems to ignore that it'll only really serve to encourage further rat running through surrounding roads like Woodville Drive, Ecclesbridge and Mount Drive. Since no one wants more speed humps, it's about time these were made into 20mph zones with defined entrances to zone them off (if it's good enough for Chatsworth Grange...).

Finally, this has to be the most useless shared space pavement I've ever seen — quite a statement in Stockport. Where does it lead to? What's the point of it? Why the massive gap between the roundabout and the access further up? And at least they should could have surely run it along all the way to Buxton Road, thus allowing easy access down a quieter road to places like Middlewood Way and Rose Hill station.

Definitely all about box ticking and not how this is going to be used by, and affect, both existing and new residents.

jimblob

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »
Stockport Highways hardening the arteries of our road network still further and dressing it up as an improvement with shared use cycle lanes and toucan crossings.
As has already been pointed out by Rcsprinter, it's a through route! How one can justify reducing traffic flow on such a route without having already undergone full bypass surgery, I really don't understand.
More houses, more council tax, more councillors (or maybe a pay rise for them) to agree more planning applications, it's a downward spiral until we eventually collapse from heart failure.
Also agree, speed humps are so last year and have been proven to cause additional environmental impact and noise too; cushions in particularly are dangerous because it has been shown that drivers swerve so as to straddle them leading to a rise in head on collisions rather than to actually slow down.

Cummon Stockport Highways, provide Highways that work for us and leave the Utopian ideals of "shared" everything and slowing the world down to someone else.

mikes

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:51:29 AM »

mikes

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:46:13 PM »
tried to post file but keep getting file too large error.

Cost should not be a problem, they could just charge Morris Homes for the work.  Also slowing traffic down and creating some congestion is the name of the game, so what if there is a bit of a hold up.

Can a moderator contact me for the file as I can't work out how to put it up here.

Rcsprinter123

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
I think that as Hibbert Ln is a through route where they wouldn't want to slow traffic down too much and cause congestion, which is already starting to be a problem at times, narrowing and chicanes would be unsuitable. Besides which, major road alterations like that are much more expensive than sticking a speed bump down.

Would you be able to post a picture of that letter outlining the works?