Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Morris Homes Development of Hibbert Lane (Chatsworth Grange)  (Read 57380 times)

mikes

Re: Morris Homes Development of Hibbert Lane (Chatsworth Grange)
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »
What a stupid and pretentious name for the new development.  Do Morris Homes actually know where Chatsworth is?  It is not even in the same county as Marple.  It would have been better called after a Marple luminary, e.g. Arkwright, Bradshaw or some such.   Though I suppose it is better than "Sink Estate".

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2016, 04:04:31 PM »
I have been watching the local yobs climbing over and under the new guard fence put in and heard regular braking of glass, often followed by said yobs being chased out by the security guards.  Be glad when when it is all knocked down.  Couldn't care less about social history it is very over-rated.
Bah, humbug!

mikes

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2016, 04:58:39 PM »
I have been watching the local yobs climbing over and under the new guard fence put in and heard regular braking of glass, often followed by said yobs being chased out by the security guards.  Be glad when when it is all knocked down.  Couldn't care less about social history it is very over-rated.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2016, 02:38:59 PM »
They have started a 12 week site clearance and drainage installation in preparation for the build.
Rather a shame that they couldn't have converted the old part of the school building into flats/houses. I noticed the other day that it's quickly becoming delapidated - slates off the roof, broken windows. Sad really. A big chunk of Marple's social history disappearing.

amazon

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2016, 09:41:16 PM »
They have started a 12 week site clearance and drainage installation in preparation for the build.
Thank you

mikes

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2016, 07:25:59 PM »

amazon

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2016, 02:55:06 PM »
Cynical but true!
is the college now empty and when do morris homes start .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2016, 02:20:00 PM »
The council gets far more in business rates than domestic rates.  Simples !!!
Cynical but true!

mikes

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2016, 09:55:09 PM »
The council gets far more in business rates than domestic rates.  Simples !!!

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
If there is a shortage of housing in this country why are there so many unoccupied houses and why are local authorities granting planning permission for change of use from domestic properties to commercial ones (shops, offices, etc.).

This occurred to me this afternoon as I was walking up Stockport Road where yet another former dwelling is being converted into what looks like a shop.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »
Well said Henrietta.
Thank you, Dave.

Dave

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2016, 10:46:47 AM »
Well said Henrietta. 

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2016, 04:23:13 PM »
No, they can aspire to get train/educated and a good job so they can afford Marple.     Otherwise what is the point of anyone working hard, if you get even the same for being on benefits?
A bit late this but not everyone who needs affordable housing is (what I gather from your posting) you would call "a scrounger". I have two relatives who took degrees to qualify as teachers and are working in the state system. Neither of them (and their wives, also teachers) live extravagant lifestyles and are saving for a deposit on a house. They have no children because they feel they can can't afford them yet.

They are, however, feckless enough to take a holiday each year - in tents, mostly in this country and are extravagant enough to own small (very) second hand cars which they share with their wives, a television (Freeview only) and, heaven help us, laptops which they have to have for work. Shock horror. No wonder they can't afford to buy a house - in Marple or anywhere else!

amazon

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2015, 04:02:58 PM »
This is potentially a great opportunity for the College to work with Marple Athletic JFC and other local sports clubs to develop a modern state of the art floodlit all weather sports facility to serve generations of local children and adults....let's hope we don't miss this opportunity!

Yes but then people will be comeplaning its noisy lights on late .,

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2015, 09:24:06 AM »
This is potentially a great opportunity for the College to work with Marple Athletic JFC and other local sports clubs to develop a modern state of the art floodlit all weather sports facility to serve generations of local children and adults....let's hope we don't miss this opportunity!

As I understand it the development of the Hibbert Lane site by Morris Homes and the improvements to the Marple College site on Buxton Lane are no longer directly linked since contracts were exchanged for the sale of the Hibbert Lane site.  There is a separate planning application (approved) for the college expansion and a separate thread covering that too here:

http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=5998.0

The college plans include a new sports facility but do not include an all weather pitch at this stage.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website