Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: spar  (Read 17007 times)

chicken lady

Re: spar
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 06:37:09 PM »
Very glad that Rose Hill Stores seems to be doing well.  :)

wheels

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »
Would probably take up less room than the obese car drivers waddling round.

amazon

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 12:31:26 PM »
Yes but no cycling facilities BZ.  ::)

You can't ride a bike round a shop??????

Wheels can  ;D

gazwhite

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »
Really great to hear it appears to have been sorted :-)

the rover

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2013, 11:58:19 PM »

You can't ride a bike round a shop??????

wheels

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2013, 11:44:02 PM »

Bluezorro

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2013, 09:53:35 PM »
Bravo Mr Rosehill Stores.

No car and sign blocking the carpark for past few days.

I am sure there is more than enough customers to keep both shops going.

Duke Fame

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 10:43:39 PM »
Duke, what an earth has the rebranding of the spar got to do with anything, unless the spar has a new owner?
Otherwise nothing will have changed. Silver car parked in same place, taking up his customers parking spaces which in turn causes others  to reverse onto stockport rd.(people doing this are foolish as they risk an accident).
Maybe it was the spar central distribution warehouse that was running at 50% stock levels and everyone thought it was the shop causing the empty shelves.

A new branding is a great time to remove the negative aspects that are associated the 'old' brand.

I don't think idle chit chat and ill-informed opinion that could have devastating effects on a family business should be thrown about on a published forum.

Bluezorro

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »
Duke, what an earth has the rebranding of the spar got to do with anything, unless the spar has a new owner?
Otherwise nothing will have changed. Silver car parked in same place, taking up his customers parking spaces which in turn causes others  to reverse onto stockport rd.(people doing this are foolish as they risk an accident).
Maybe it was the spar central distribution warehouse that was running at 50% stock levels and everyone thought it was the shop causing the empty shelves.

marplex

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »
Wheel clamping on private ia a criminal offence from 1 October 2012

These supposed 'fines' are a Wild West measure. Whether the cowboys do it at supermarkets, retail parks, hospitals or housing estates, they're often unenforceable.

See Moneysavingexpert.com
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

Rogue ticketers are not be able to obtain the ‘vehicle keepers’ address from DVLA in order to pursue the debt,

marveld

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 09:50:27 AM »
Spar is now Rose Hill Stores so I hope the rebranding is the end of the matter.

Duke, the shop owners have not changed, just the connection with SPAR.

Duke Fame

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 08:37:36 AM »
Does the Spar owner own the entire car park? Or just the entrance.

They own the half outside their shop that they have had resurfaced.

Spar is now Rose Hill Stores so I hope the rebranding is the end of the matter.

marveld

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
Does the Spar owner own the entire car park? Or just the entrance.

They own the half outside their shop that they have had resurfaced.

JMC

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »

There is a parking notice in the SPAR window regarding 'private land' and the need to obtain a shop receipt. From memory it's a fine of ~£85 that you have 28 days to pay, reduced to ~£60 if paid within 14 days. If you don't pay within 28 days it goes up to ~£135.

I've no idea how the SPAR owner enforces this e.g. by clamping or photo evidence. I was going to ask, but I never shop by car. To be honest, the notice left me with bad taste in my mouth.

All this has put me off to be honest. We recently parked outside Raja and were going to use Spar but in the end went to Raja and the Spar guy was peering out the window at us. Felt quite threatening. I think it puts people off rather than the opposite. Does the Spar owner own the entire car park? Or just the entrance.

marveld

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 01:23:17 PM »
Just noticed that Spar is now called 'Rose Hill Stores' and that the dreadful, 'parking only for Spar customers'  sign has gone. (Unless he is making a new sign, to reflect the name change!)

There is a parking notice in the SPAR window regarding 'private land' and the need to obtain a shop receipt. From memory it's a fine of ~£85 that you have 28 days to pay, reduced to ~£60 if paid within 14 days. If you don't pay within 28 days it goes up to ~£135.

I've no idea how the SPAR owner enforces this e.g. by clamping or photo evidence. I was going to ask, but I never shop by car. To be honest, the notice left me with bad taste in my mouth.