Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: spar  (Read 17003 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: spar
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
Hi i dont know if this has been discussed before, don't want to cause trouble but can the bloke from spar stop people from in the car park and go into Raja brothers even if you are not parked outside his shop? I have noticed the last few days there has been a sigh outside
The owner/occupier of a piece of land can prevent people from parking on his land but not on land which doesn't belong to him. There may be an easement "by prescription" as there has been unobstructed access across the land to both shops for over 20 years. Change of ownership is irrelevant. I would imagine that the Raja brothers could claim that this applies to vehicles as well as pedestrians.

The Traffic Management Act 2004 covers some aspects of obstructed access to private property.

Duke Fame

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 11:11:48 PM »
Has the bloke from the spar thought about parking his van across the access road to a new supermarke

If they carry on this feud, I fear the owners & staff of both shops will be needing Asda for work. I noticed Raja was open on Christmas day yet there were cars parked accross the car park entrance.

Bluezorro

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »
Has the bloke from the spar thought about parking his van across the access road to a new supermarke

gazwhite

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »
What's going on?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 08:25:43 AM »
This topic has been discussed at length here: http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=3059.0
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Bluezorro

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
His actions are very immature.

ringi

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »
I don’t know what the law allows the spar shop to do, however I know that their attribute and actions has stopped me shopping at the spar, I now always try to use Raja brothers instead.

simpleton

spar
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
Hi i dont know if this has been discussed before, don't want to cause trouble but can the bloke from spar stop people from in the car park and go into Raja brothers even if you are not parked outside his shop? I have noticed the last few days there has been a sigh outside