Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: spar  (Read 16966 times)

Bluezorro

Re: spar
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 08:53:15 PM »
Hes parking his silver machine on dale road sunday afternoon.
Maybe his powers of disruption extend to there too.

Tricky

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »
FOUR LITRES OF MILK FOR £1.39 !!

wow! I'm there tomorrow..

or was that a simple error wheels?
meh

wheels

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
Clown sign back up today and a banner celebrating someones 30th.

I never had any problems parking the wheels transport outside. I used to call in there for milk on the way home then once they tried to charge me £1.39 for 4lt. When I pointed this out they said sorry and charged me £1. Told me it was a simple error. Three days later exactly the same thing happened. Haven't been back since.

Bluezorro

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »
Clown sign back up today and a banner celebrating someones 30th.

Razzle

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 10:32:49 AM »
The shelves have been empty for ages. When we have been in they have not had what we wanted. We have had to go next door.

Bluezorro

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »
Signs gone today.
Half or more of sales space empty.
Maybe people have bought everything before the cold weather sets in.

marveld

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
this seems to have more potential for accidents on the main road where people who park in the car park can no longer turn round, and therefore having to reverse out onto a main road as the car park is effectively half the size.

I agree with you on this point - parking is certainly awkward now. There are effectively 3 SPAR car slots, with one spot being used by SPAR staff. On a few occasions, I have witnessed cars coming up Stockport Road and turning left into SPAR to find they can't park so they have had to wait on the pavement and then reverse in when a slot becomes free. More cars are now parking on the double yellow lines on Dale Road, albeit for a short while. SPAR's decision is certainly affecting their own customers. (I am still loyal to SPAR and have a friendly relationship with the owners as an occasional customer).

JMC

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »
I have also been challenged by the owner of Spar when i went into Raja regarding using the cash machine at Spar. I was met with a barrage of abuse by the owner, this was made a little worse because I had my little 5 year old boy with me.

It seems to be a tit for tat game and little childish to put a sign in front of the Spar, saying this is for Spar Customers Only, this seems to have more potential for accidents on the main road where people who park in the car park can no longer turn round, and therefore having to reverse out onto a main road as the carp park is effectively half the size.

My last comment on this is when are the the Railway Pub going to put a sign in there carp park saying Railway Customers Only, as the owner of the Spar constantly parks his Silver County Hire Van in there car park

Seems very much like the "Kettle Calling The Pot Black" as the saying goes 

That is terrible.

harry gingernut

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 10:37:04 AM »
I have also been challenged by the owner of Spar when i went into Raja regarding using the cash machine at Spar. I was met with a barrage of abuse by the owner, this was made a little worse because I had my little 5 year old boy with me.

It seems to be a tit for tat game and little childish to put a sign in front of the Spar, saying this is for Spar Customers Only, this seems to have more potential for accidents on the main road where people who park in the car park can no longer turn round, and therefore having to reverse out onto a main road as the carp park is effectively half the size.

My last comment on this is when are the the Railway Pub going to put a sign in there carp park saying Railway Customers Only, as the owner of the Spar constantly parks his Silver County Hire Van in there car park

Seems very much like the "Kettle Calling The Pot Black" as the saying goes 

captain_gravy

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
I have been challenged on this parking issue at the Spar. I find it very unsavoury and somewhat childish behaviour. I do fully appreciate competition is not always wanted but to go to these lengths? The effect it has actually had is making the Spar car park so tiny that it's almost unusable. I previously shopped at the Spar but now visit Raja Bros, directly as a result of this. In my opinion whatever the Spar was trying to achieve has backfired and shown themselves to be a tad immature.

JMC

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
I noticed it the other day and, while I sympathize about the situation of having a competitor move in right next door, it just makes them look childish and arrogant.

Duke Fame

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 10:50:50 PM »
Duke.
Would the parking not be covered within a change of usage under planning.

I'm just going on Henrietta's thoughts and taking it to a (il)logical conclusion. Let's hope it doesn't get that far and the shops can co-exsist.

Bluezorro

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
Duke.
Would the parking not be covered within a change of usage under planning.

alison

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
cutting off nose to spite face springs to mind, I was going to stop for some milk today on my way home, but once I saw what was going on I found it intimidating so drove on by. Sad really, for all concerned.

Duke Fame

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
Hi i dont know if this has been discussed before, don't want to cause trouble but can the bloke from spar stop people from in the car park and go into Raja brothers even if you are not parked outside his shop? I have noticed the last few days there has been a sigh outside
The owner/occupier of a piece of land can prevent people from parking on his land but not on land which doesn't belong to him. There may be an easement "by prescription" as there has been unobstructed access across the land to both shops for over 20 years. Change of ownership is irrelevant. I would imagine that the Raja brothers could claim that this applies to vehicles as well as pedestrians.

The Traffic Management Act 2004 covers some aspects of obstructed access to private property.

I don't wish failure on either shop but if Mel were to decide to give up the franchise and develop his ground floor into a flat, he would have a lot of fun restricting access to the shop next door.