Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Re: Forthcoming Elections-Discussion forum?  (Read 20428 times)

Dave

Re: Forthcoming Elections-Discussion forum?
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »
Hi Oliver
Can you till me what the Conservative Policy is on the Beer escalator tax ,at present 2.5% above inflation .
3000  Public House's per year are closing down ,with a loss of  VAT ,Income Tax ,Business Rates , Jobs and towns and villages losing their community and social sprit.
Cheers and Good Luck.
Mark Singleton
Romanza1@virginmedia.com
Ring O'Bells
Marple

Come on Oliver, answer the question!   ;D

Taurus

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:11 AM »
I hope Mr Brown does not read this thread......we'd all be branded for what for it.....having concerns and opinions!

Taurus

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 08:56:17 AM »
I wonder if anyone will be brave enough to call Sooty a bigot  :P

Taurus

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 08:53:04 AM »
Hi Oliver

Why just send it privately to Sooty? Why not just post it on here so all of us can read it? It's good that your willing to share the information with certain people but it is not being open and honest is it.

jet

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2010, 07:30:05 AM »
Hi Oliver
Can you till me what the Conservative Policy is on the Beer escalator tax ,at present 2.5% above inflation .
3000  Public House's per year are closing down ,with a loss of  VAT ,Income Tax ,Business Rates , Jobs and towns and villages losing their community and social sprit.
Cheers and Good Luck.
Mark Singleton
Romanza1@virginmedia.com
Ring O'Bells
Marple

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2010, 07:07:48 AM »
Sooty,

If you like I can e-mail you a clear outline of the Conservative immigration policy. If you send me your e-mail to hgconservatives@btconnect.com then I will reply very swiftly.

That goes for everyone else too - any questions about policy or otherwise (within reason!) just get in touch on the e-mail.

sooty2

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »
Why will none of  the party leaders give us a true intention of their party on immigration?some we need some we dont, where would the NHS be without it?Immigrants who already live here are against it.This country has used immigration to its advantage over the years.I would think most immigrants are quite happy with the situation or they would go home, if they do not face persucution, in the case af asylum seekers. I know from a very good source of the most appalling situations of some asylum seekers, if there is a God ,Help them! The attrocites that some children have witnessed is beyond my comprehension.We need to look after ourselves, and of course the poor unfortunates, which is of course ,I hope ,is human nature. If anyone would like to send me their personal e-mail i will send you a very amusing and catchy song, be it tongue in cheek.

amazon

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 05:04:03 PM »
not a discussion just an observation... a certain long term Marple liberal democrat councillor was parked on double yellows on road next to ludworth last Friday evening... Not sure how long for but when i arrived he wasn't in his car and there WAS legal parking on the other side of the road ( where i parked)

you can park allday in this area lower fold and nobody will book you . the only plaice you will be booked
 is the bus lay by  Bottam Glossop road 7 am 7pm .

Dave

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 04:10:56 PM »
Question: if LibDems park on yellow lines, what colour lines do Tories and Labour councillors park on?   (BNP only park on white lines, of course....)    ;D

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »
not a discussion just an observation... a certain long term Marple liberal democrat councillor was parked on double yellows on road next to ludworth last Friday evening... Not sure how long for but when i arrived he wasn't in his car and there WAS legal parking on the other side of the road ( where i parked)

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 06:28:16 AM »
Thanks for your support Alan.

I must say I do agree with the comments about some of the sceptical claims by local Councillors as per their achievements. This business about them successfully campaigning for work to be done along the Middlewood Way doesn't quite add up. It really gets to me when politicians jump on band-wagons or play politics with public services but I am sure it is not just the Liberal Democrats who do so.

After this election it is important that anyone elected, either in local government or in Westminster, understands that things have got to change. They need to be more honest and less partisan - delivering a real value for money service rather than just winning a majority and not doing the hard graft.

You have to give The Sun their due, they certainly have original but doubtless effective ways of engaging their readers in the spirited debate!

orangewhip

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
It's good to see that the national newspapers are taking the issue of a hung parliament seriously!

http://yfrog.com/873nsj

alan@marple

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
Me too!

I've  also noticed how some of them speak privately to others in the pub, but just loud enough for everyone else to hear.

Anyway I have posted my votes off today,I do hope Mr Johnstone gets a chance to prove his worth

sooty2

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »
Introduce an extra Rose Hill train per hour without pinching it from the other station. Failing that, leave things as they are.  But my point is not so much about the switching of trains, and more about the fact that one of our election candidates is telling us only half the story.   ::)
I couldnt agree more!

amazon

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 02:36:17 PM »
Dont they all .