Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: election  (Read 6531 times)

bat man

Re: election
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 08:35:05 AM »
Andrew Stunnell has been here since 1992 thats my point,whats yours........

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »
He worked in London as lots of people in this area do but lived in Romiley. Yes he has lived here 20 years but he moved here to stand for election - no other reason. I have no problem with Andrew or Annesley's background but to say one is more local than the other in real terms is absurd.

Victor M

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »
Oliver, that means our local MP has been a resident in the constituency for 20 years. How long have you got to live somewhere before you are considered local! Also did Annesley Abercorn actually reside in the constituency for the whole 2 years, or did he just have a postal address here?

amazon

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »
As with the cons hear today gone tomorrow .

jet

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 07:52:10 AM »
The Solution to the where our MP originates from does not matter to myself,but i do think that a well none local person should have a good and stand for the Cons in the Next election,and then see what happens to Mr Stunnell majority

Mike W

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 06:54:46 PM »
I'm not sure what a 'proper Northerner' is.  In fairness to Andrew Stunell, though, it's hardly his fault that he was born in Surrey and, as far as I can see, he's lived in the North West since he came to Manchester University well over 40 years ago. 

Dave

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 03:08:54 PM »
I for one am happy with the coalition and believe it will last. This is a historic day for British politics and we might now make some progress with policies driven by concensus rather than party political dogma. It could mean the end of "political correctness"

Worried about coalition goiovernment? Look at Germany!

Well said moorendman.  Maybe the UK can look forward to some grown up politics at last. 

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »
The overriding point being - we need some proper northerners taking centre stage in British politics. At the minute William Hague is carrying the torch all by himself.

Taurus

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 05:53:40 AM »
Sums it up for Andrew Stunell too then

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »
Andrew Stunell is from Sutton, Surrey and attended Surbiton County Grammar School. He moved to Romiley 2 years before the 92 election when he first stood in Hazel Grove Constituency - Annesley Abercorn was here for 2 and a half years prior to last Thursday.

What is your point, bat man?

bat man

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »
Annesley Abercorn was educated at Highgate School and the University of London and is from north London. Sums it up.......

bat man

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 08:49:28 PM »
I liked MR Abercorns London bus,just shows how local he was,the Cons didnt Con me...... ???

Taurus

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 08:36:09 AM »
I think Nick Clegg is an embarrassment to the Lib Dems. It was all about ME ME ME and nothing to do with the good of the country. His behaviour will have greatly damaged his party. Can't believe he considered a pact with Labour just because he didn't like what Cameron said. I agree with Jet, it won't last. Clegg needs to grow up and stop throwing his toys out of his pram when things don't go his way.

moorendman

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »
Perhapsit was the 10 square yards of silk found hiddden under a shrub in Torkington Park. Nevertheless , Mr Abercorn had no real local profile which was surely necessary given Andrew Stunnel's reputation as a community focused MP to provide a credible alternative.

I will watch his next candidacy location with interest...................

Belly

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
Now That we know who the lib dems have gone in with would it have altered the way you voted .
sensible answers please .

No - I'm actually quite pleased with how its all ended up.

I think AS does a good local job and I'm glad he's my MP.

I think the need for 'tactical voting' illustrates everything that is wrong with the current system.