Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Re: Forthcoming Elections-Discussion forum?  (Read 20566 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Forthcoming Elections-Discussion forum?
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 07:11:02 PM »
I was a pity last nights debate with the three leaders did not mention that all parties if elected are to stop Disability Living Allowance benefits and Attendance Allowance benefit.  Both these benefits offer a life line to many elderly and disabled people so I hope AA has an answer to where his party stands on the issue.  Elderly and disabled residents of Marple and surrounding areas be worried be very worried.  Attendance Allowance and Disability living Allowance are the only two none means tested benefits.  What all parties want to do is merge all benefits in to one benefit which is means teasted which effectively means that if you have worked all your life and put a little by for you funeral YOU WONT GET ANYTHING !!!!  From the Cradle to the Grave ???  Don't think so do you !!!

moorendman

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 10:20:46 AM »
I now know much more about AA thanks to his web site and YouTube Video. I am sorry but was that really him or was it an Alan Partridge spoof?

Dave

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:55:26 AM »
he seems to have spent his entire life in London as evidenced by that awful poster of him on a London bus with David Cameron at Marple station.

Agred - that poster is a terrible own goal!   I know nothing about Mr Abercorn - for all I know he's an excellent candidate who could be an effective MP for this area.  But the shot of him and David Cameron standing on the platform of a London 'Routemaster' bus sends out entirely the wrong message: 'We are Londoners - where is Marple anyway?'   ::)

Howard

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »
To be honest, Annesley Abercorn hasn't got a hope of winnnig here. I assume that he's just been given a canditature so that he's on the list for being offered a more winnable seat at a bye election or the next general election. Andrew Stunell has been a very good local MP and has one of the lowest expense claims in the whole of parliament.

I'm not sure that Mr Abercorn has anything to do with Hazel Grove anyway. From reading his bio he seems to have spent his entire life in London as evidenced by that awful poster of him on a London bus with David Cameron at Marple station.

Jay

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 02:32:22 PM »
I'm sure now it's been announced that the junk with dozens of false promises will start flooding through our doors!  ::)  Sorry I've always been a bit cynical when it comes to politicians  :P

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:48:49 AM »
its worth noting though that there isn't a vast amount of funds raised in local areas by any of the parties that are not in power so it is often difficult to let us know.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »

I understand that Councillor Craig Wright and Councillor Mrs Sue Ingram are up for election, for the Lib Dems.

Who is standing for the other party's?

It's Sue Ingham and that's her maiden name, so it would probably be better to use the politically correct Ms. or just Cllr. as a title.

As to who is standing for the other parties, it's interesting that we don't seem to know (and you could say that it's their job to make sure we do). The Stockport web site only lists the councillors who are up for reelection and not their rivals. As sitting Cllrs are not allowed to attend any public functions (like the handover of the bridge over the ditch at Mellor Vicarage) prior to elections because it may somehow prejudice the voting it seems strange that the council web site can effectively list them as the only candidates! 
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alan@marple

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »

I understand that Councillor Craig Wright and Councillor Mrs Sue Ingram are up for election, for the Lib Dems.

Who is standing for the other party's?