Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Clean Air Zone in Marple and Marple Bridge  (Read 11471 times)

Condate

Re: Clean Air Zone in Marple and Marple Bridge
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 03:17:51 PM »
Well have I got good news for you.

Firstly Clean Air Zones are a result of central government policy to - GASP - kill less people through air pollution.  I know.  It's mad but apparently Westminster want to stop us killing people through pollution.  Selfish morons. 

So, it's national government we need to change.

Secondly when if by some crazy scheme, Stockport left Greater Manchester, air pollution would still be an issue and we could just end up with a Stockport Clean Air Zone instead.

Does Marple really have that much pollution?

Both my wife and I have considerable problems with air pollution in some places (although not Marple). It can make us, and particularly my wife, quite ill.  However, we are not so selfish that we want to penalise other people just for our convenience or for our health.  That really would be absurd. We accept that we should suffer, even if it causes major health problems, so as not to cause restrictions for others. That's what normal people do.

Marple should secede from the legal fiction of Greater Manchester anyway, as we have nothing to do with Manchester and want nothing to do with the place.

andrewbowden

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 02:41:16 PM »
There was a consultation a long time ago. Since it is such an insane and ill thought out idea, I would have assumed it had been dropped.

It is yet another reason for Marple and preferably Stockport to secede from "Greater Manchester".

Well have I got good news for you.

Firstly Clean Air Zones are a result of central government policy to - GASP - kill less people through air pollution.  I know.  It's mad but apparently Westminster want to stop us killing people through pollution.  Selfish morons. 

Secondly when if by some crazy scheme, Stockport left Greater Manchester, air pollution would still be an issue and we could just end up with a Stockport Clean Air Zone instead.

Me?  I think we should cecede from the United Kingdom and make this the Country of Stockport and enshrine in law the right for motorists to have the most polluting vehicle possible.  Pollution killing people is simply good population control.

andrewbowden

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 02:35:31 PM »
There's one of the signs in Disley on Jackson's Edge Lane but it's been put on the wrong side of the road so it looks like it's saying Cheshire is the zone and you are entering it.

Condate

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 11:46:53 AM »
It doesn't yet cover private vehicles (cars) only vans, taxis, commercial vehicles, HGVs and (frustratingly as an owner) campervans / motorhomes.

It's been out for consultation for months but I'm always amazed at how many people don't know anything about it!

There was a consultation a long time ago. Since it is such an insane and ill thought out idea, I would have assumed it had been dropped.

It is yet another reason for Marple and preferably Stockport to secede from "Greater Manchester".

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 11:09:20 AM »
It's mostly the oldest and most polluting vehicles that will have to pay the charges.

It doesn't yet cover private vehicles (cars) only vans, taxis, commercial vehicles, HGVs and (frustratingly as an owner) campervans / motorhomes.

It's been out for consultation for months but I'm always amazed at how many people don't know anything about it!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Howard

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 10:34:13 AM »
It's the Clean Air Zone which is coming to major cities in May and June. You can see the Manchester map and dates here:
https://cleanairgm.com/clean-air-zone

You can check if you'll be charged for your vehicle here:
https://cleanairgm.com/clean-air-zone/discounts-and-exemptions/

It's mostly the oldest and most polluting vehicles that will have to pay the charges.

corium

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 10:28:24 AM »
Aha found it on the web - it looks like a clean air zone is coming sign - but given the positioning looks as though it is around one traffic hump!

corium

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 09:24:30 AM »
What's coming to MB in May 22? A couple of cryptic signs have appeared roughly outside the dress shop. all there is is a green triangle & half a cloud plus the letter C ( sorry wasn't in a position to take a snap). The Cloud? Connectivity? Calming measures? I'm curious.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 03:42:57 PM »
Nice article evening news website about Marple bridge
ITs under the most Beautiful villages .

amazon

Clean Air Zone in Marple and Marple Bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:11:57 PM »
Nice article evening news website about Marple bridge