Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Morris Homes Development of Hibbert Lane (Chatsworth Grange)  (Read 57660 times)

red666bear

Re: Morris Homes Development of Hibbert Lane (Chatsworth Grange)
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 03:40:20 PM »
The sorting office was never going anywhere like I told you all at the time.

mikes

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 03:37:10 PM »
Hopefully now everybody will be happy.  Those who wanted an ASDA have got one.  Those who didn't want a supermarket on CAMSFC have not got one.  Those who wanted more houses in Marple will have them.  Those who didn't want a traffic nightmare will probably have got their wish.  Those who didn't want Chadwick car park developed are likely to be satisfied.  Who have I forgotten?

wheels

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 11:45:25 AM »
Duke you know better than that. The Tories are so insignificant in Stockport and locally there is no coalition here.

Duke Fame

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 10:18:32 AM »
Sorry, I meant the one on the link.

Well, it seems to me a fairly nice development, far fewer cars than a Supermarket and fewer than the current college where staff park along Hibbert lane making it dangerous for residents to get out of their own driveways.

Well done the coalition

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 09:29:46 PM »
The brochure I received shows a mixture of one to four bedroom houses.
Sorry, I meant the one on the link.

mikes

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 09:23:41 PM »
The brochure I received shows a mixture of one to four bedroom houses.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 04:24:37 PM »
The housing stock pictured in the brochure is very pretty and, if the same style was adopted on the Willows site, it would be in keeping with other properties on Hibbert Lane but they certainly don't look like affordable housing. The current housing shortage appears to be in the less expensive medium-sized range not large expensive detached properties like these.

rsh

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »
Well, pretty much exactly to be expected. Tightly packed and a token bit of greenspace. I'd have liked to see Aldi buy up some of the land, alongside new houses, to actually give some shopping provision to this huge almost unending residential area, but let's hope the town centre Co-op Asda can cope eh...

Good to see some attempt at permeability with the cycle/footway to nowhere. There there seems to be no link to Willow Grove, but perhaps they don't have the right/existing residents don't want it.

It seems the layout of houses at the front are trying to mimic the wings of the college building. But who's going to want to live next to that mini roundabout? Not our problem. Speaking of which, that does actually seem a better idea, now it won't be clogged with supermarket traffic, to slow down Hibbert Lane.

Who will ultimately own the greenspace? Is it genuinely protected from further development? Might Morris provide some actual play equipment for this part of Marple as a sweetener? There's going to be some bloody noise and disruption round here during the work (much longer than to throw up a supermarket box too).

Though to be honest the Buxton Lane development is more worrying, considering the buses, cars and increased traffic surely to be caused down there and Cross Lane. The turnout onto Stockport Rd is going to be carnage if college traffic starts using it as a loop. Shame the college's old/new buildings aren't the other way round and Buxton Lane could be sold instead.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »
So, there'll be even less open space than if Asda had been allowed to build.
As I understand it the ASDA scheme and the college scheme were combined with no net loss of green space across the two sites. The Morris Homes scheme is just for the Hibbert Lane site and it looks to me like there in no net loss of green space too.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Tricky

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 10:22:47 AM »
So, there'll be even less open space than if Asda had been allowed to build.

Well done MIA

[attachment deleted by admin]
meh

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 07:15:01 AM »
Morris Homes built "The Coppice" on Cross Lane (the old Park Patterson site) a couple of years ago, so a good idea of their style can be gained from a walk around there.

http://www.morrishomes.co.uk/news/2012/july/new-detached-homes-to-be-built-in-marple/
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

mikes

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 12:21:02 AM »
Would have preferred a supermarket and leisure centre!

Now we have to deal with roughly 150 more cars every morning and evening on already congested roads.

There would have been considerably more than 150 cars if it was a supermarket.  It was never going to be a leisure centre because the council would have lost too much in council tax.

I think this is fine for Marple.  Morris Homes appear to be a reasonable builder.  It could have been one of the mass pack em in with 150 properties on the site type builders.  As long as it is done sympathetically for the area the extra people would add to the community.

Duke Fame

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 11:20:26 PM »

Now we have to deal with roughly 150 more cars every morning and evening on already congested roads.
At least it gives the college a chance to upgrade and give our children a good local education.

Hope all these new residents shop locally and don't join the Saturday morning trip to Aldi, Tesco, Sainsburys and Morrisons.

I got one, they look quite nice, I think I'd go for one around £200k

Cuthbert

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 09:00:03 PM »

At least it gives the college a chance to upgrade and give our children a good local education.

Hope all these new residents shop locally and don't join the Saturday morning trip to Aldi, Tesco, Sainsburys and Morrisons.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 07:51:06 PM »
Here are some images of the brochure, and a downloadable pdf too:

www.marple-uk.com/Morris-Development-Brochure.pdf

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website