Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Morris Homes Development of Hibbert Lane (Chatsworth Grange)  (Read 57582 times)

Razzle24

Re: Morris Homes Development of Hibbert Lane (Chatsworth Grange)
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2015, 08:51:22 AM »
I guess that will mean portacabins in Rose Hill School :(

sgk

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2015, 07:46:52 AM »
Planning permission for the 94 new houses now granted, see link to Area Committee meeting 10-Jun-2015, item 7 (ii).
http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=6066&x=1

ringi

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »
So you are suggesting that people who need affordable housing shouldn't be allowed to aspire to live in a nice place like Marple?

No, they can aspire to get train/educated and a good job so they can afford Marple.     Otherwise what is the point of anyone working hard, if you get even the same for being on benefits?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »
I'd suspect the MH Dev plans are the reason the owners of this house can't shift a detached property in Marple for £200,000. Coombes Avenue backs on to the same area.
No, I suspect there are other reasons. Pokey kitchen area, open plan ground floor which must be nightmarishly expensive to heat even with up-to-standard insulation, watching television with the aroma of frying chips and boiling cabbage floating in from the kitchen area is not many people's idea of elegant living and there's nowhere to hide the general detritus of family life when visitors appear, small bedrooms, etc., Over-priced by anyone's standard.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »
It was this post from Mylogin that suggested there was a demand for 'affordable' housing.  To be honest, there are loads of flats available in Offerton that are very affordable, I don't think it's really supply, it's jsut that people want more than is feasible for their money.
So you are suggesting that people who need affordable housing shouldn't be allowed to aspire to live in a nice place like Marple?

DerekS

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
My neighbour has, thankfully, just cut down his Leylandii.
No, I will fight this on the beaches, on the landing grounds, and in the streets, until MH present a more reasonable plan. I am not a NIMBY or even a BANANA (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Not Anytime)-my acronym.

mikes

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2015, 06:08:31 AM »
Perhaps it is time for Derek to plant a row of leylandii at the bottom of his garden.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 11:01:33 PM »
Which house are you lot on about?

Hi Derek, the house people have been talking about most recently is on Coombes Ave here:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27798255.html

I'd suspect the MH Dev plans are the reason the owners of this house can't shift a detached property in Marple for £200,000. Coombes Avenue backs on to the same area.

It's not impacted by the development on HL in the same way yours is.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

DerekS

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 09:15:44 PM »
Which house are you lot on about?

marpleexile

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 12:32:51 PM »
As this house has been on the market for nearly 2 years, I doubt that the possible MH development has anything to do with the lack of a sale.

No, I'd say it was probably more to do with the price. Whilst it looks a perfectly nice house, it's not very big.

Harry

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »

As this house has been on the market for nearly 2 years, I doubt that the possible MH development has anything to do with the lack of a sale.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 02:33:35 PM »

Based on this plan Coombes Ave properties will still be backed onto open field. You can see why the Lime Grove people are upset though:

http://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/edrms/onlinemvm/getimage.asp?DocumentNumber=234930
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marple syrup

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 10:23:50 AM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 08:31:34 AM »
This has been pretty quiet but it looks like residents of Lyme Grove are not happy:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/residents-objections-plans-94-new-9038460

The planning application still appears to be open for consultation on the Portal with 6 objections, 2 in support and 1 comment at present:

http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=123337
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

JJJA19

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »
Define affordable

I would imagine a new home for circa £90,000 based on a shared ownership scheme...same as the Coppice developement