To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA  (Read 238510 times)

amazon

Re: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2014, 02:38:14 PM »
Would you say that if your house in Marple was on fire ?
No only telling u what I heard in the coop this morning .

wheels

« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2014, 02:35:04 PM »
Rumours are that Asda are still interested in the fire station ..... It's surplus to requirements oferton is now the main one ..

What rumours  other than the one you have just started. Nonesense.

simonesaffron

« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2014, 02:24:11 PM »
Rumours are that Asda are still interested in the fire station ..... It's surplus to requirements oferton is now the main one ..

Would you say that if your house in Marple was on fire ?

amazon

« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2014, 01:52:24 PM »
No they are not relocating to other premises in Marple, but you will be able to use the local Post Office for paying in cheques and cash.

Victor M

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »
I changed to the Co-Op bank when the Halifax closed in  Marple, does this mean I will have to change banks again or are they taking over one of the empty shops?
No they are not relocating to other premises in Marple, but you will be able to use the local Post Office for paying in cheques and cash.

falcon

« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2014, 04:43:10 PM »
I changed to the Co-Op bank when the Halifax closed in  Marple, does this mean I will have to change banks again or are they taking over one of the empty shops?

amazon

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2014, 04:39:13 PM »
Does anyone know if the adjacent shop buildings are also included in the sale?

The Asda at the grove still has coop chemist and travel agent in there .

wheels

« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »

Well if they are there will be leases of various lengths so they might be expenses to get out of.

Victor M

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »

amazon

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »
Amazon doesn't really argue the green case very well.

It's not that everybody should get on their bikes...it's that those who can should.

IF you're doing a quick essentials shop, IF what you're getting can fit in a rucksack, IF you live close enough to cycle there (by your own standards - nobody elses) then it would make sense to get some fresh air and bike to the supermarket.

It's not about getting everyone on their bike regardless of circumstance.... or trying to find loopholes in that circumstance... it's just that, if everybody who COULD cycle DID cycle, or could walk did walk, then the world would be a greener place and the local traffic congestion around Marple would - probably - be less of a pain in the arse. :)

Can't recollect mentioning bikes I don't have a car or a bike to many hills were I live I do have a bike it's in me brothers cellar at Woodley .not used it for at least forty years .

amazon

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:07 PM »
Various supermarkets, Tesco Stockport, Whaley Bridge, Hattersley; Sainsbury's Hazel Grove; occasionally Morrisons Bredbury, Asda Stockport. I would never do a weekly shop at the Co-op in Marple as you don't get the same choice as other supermarkets. I prefer Aldi to the Co-op.
So now you will be shopping sometimes in marple when Asda comes .

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2014, 01:28:50 PM »
Amazon doesn't really argue the green case very well.

It's not that everybody should get on their bikes...it's that those who can should.

IF you're doing a quick essentials shop, IF what you're getting can fit in a rucksack, IF you live close enough to cycle there (by your own standards - nobody elses) then it would make sense to get some fresh air and bike to the supermarket.

It's not about getting everyone on their bike regardless of circumstance.... or trying to find loopholes in that circumstance... it's just that, if everybody who COULD cycle DID cycle, or could walk did walk, then the world would be a greener place and the local traffic congestion around Marple would - probably - be less of a pain in the bottom. :)

nipper14

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2014, 11:40:35 AM »
Various supermarkets, Tesco Stockport, Whaley Bridge, Hattersley; Sainsbury's Hazel Grove; occasionally Morrisons Bredbury, Asda Stockport. I would never do a weekly shop at the Co-op in Marple as you don't get the same choice as other supermarkets. I prefer Aldi to the Co-op.

amazon

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »
I certainly couldn't carry weekly supermarket shopping home on a bike. We shop for 3 weekly and fill 4 or 5 large supermarket bags. These heavily laden bags fill the car boot and would be impossible to transport home by bike!

Were do you shop which supermarket .

Duke Fame

« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »
Talking of bikes, where do those who cycle currently lock up their bike while nipping into the co-op?

As far as I know there's no dedicated space, just some low railings next to the failed click and collect or the railings around the trolleys at the entrance, not really ideal and very poor for a "convenience" supermarket. If ASDA actually installed a few proper (covered?) bike hoops that'd be a start!

I think he railings around the trolleys are for bike (I assumed they were)