A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: More Burglaries & break-ins in Marple  (Read 42562 times)

Russ

Re: More Burglaries & break-ins in Marple
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »
Does anyone know what happened in response to these?

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/2014/04/10/men-charged-with-burglary/

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/2014/04/08/witness-appeal-armed-robbery-marple/

The people in that first link are on bail awaiting trial last I heard.

There are conflicting stories about who was involved in the Praggs robbery?

Russ

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 02:15:29 PM »
The maps certainly don't acknowledge that our house (or a nearby one) got burgled last year. Have Greater Manchester Police been "under-reporting"?

Exactly! None of the several burglaries on my road have come up on the Police web site?

hollins

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 11:46:28 AM »
Interestingly, these maps don't appear to tally with the reports on local crime we receive, via email, from Neighbourhood Watch?

The maps certainly don't acknowledge that our house (or a nearby one) got burgled last year. Have Greater Manchester Police been "under-reporting"?

Bowden Guy

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 11:25:21 AM »
Interestingly, these maps don't appear to tally with the reports on local crime we receive, via email, from Neighbourhood Watch?

hollins

Russ

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »
We visited an elderly friend of my Mothers today, she was telling us about her daughters family being burgled, she knew who the "Scrotes" were because they were seen carrying the Television down the road to a car apparently belonging to his girlfriend. The Police were called and the thieves were arrested she told me. They had taken a cover off the young ones bed to try and conceal the TV but how low can they get to have smashed open the young ones piggy bank & taken his savings.

They were released on bail & still on the loose so take care folks.

Harry

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »
Whoosh!

amazon

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »
Is that anywhere near Letsbe Avenue?

Try google maps

barndoor

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
This was constable drive.

Is that anywhere near Letsbe Avenue?

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 07:44:44 AM »
This was constable drive.

Ironic. Seems like that is what we need!

amazon

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 07:26:55 PM »
Are people reporting these suspicious incidents to the police? It's possible they'll do nothing but they certainly won't if they aren't aware this sort of thing is going on.
Try take photos .if they run you know they are dodgy people .

corium

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »
Are people reporting these suspicious incidents to the police? It's possible they'll do nothing but they certainly won't if they aren't aware this sort of thing is going on.

rickyracoon

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »
Something similar happened about 3 weeks ago to us, somebody knocked on our door while three lads stood at the end of the drive asking if we knew if the family who lived there before us was called "Thompson" or something similar, this was an older guy, lads at the drive all late teens early 20's in leisurewear. Then a week later on a Friday afternoon my son told me somebody knocked on asking something similar. This was constable drive.
Thought it was suspect at the time, even more so after my son told me what happened.

Russ

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 08:34:23 AM »
Lucky you were in eh Barndoor.

You could have been the next one for the brick through the back door window.

I've heard they've also used the distraction tactics of one at the front keeping the occupier talking while the brother nips in the back & up the stairs.

The Police are on their case but can only take them to the courts that keep turning them loose on us.

Be on guard, two of them have been bailed twice but still at it.

barndoor

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 06:36:39 PM »
Someone just knocked on my door and when I opened it only a few seconds later I saw a figure already heading away from my house and halfway down the drive. He turned when he heard the door opening and said, 'Excuse me for bothering you, but is your car for sale?'

Bit of a random question, I thought, but I'll play along. 'No it's not,' I replied. 'Okay, then, thanks.' He turned around and left.

Your thoughts, please: is it possible that this particular chap was not at all interested in whether my car was for sale, but rather, were there any occupants in the house? I can't imagine too many people would be interested in buying a Y reg Ford.