Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: More Burglaries & break-ins in Marple  (Read 42571 times)

Russ

Re: More Burglaries & break-ins in Marple
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »
The MEN will report on this when all the cases against all brothers have been heard. This is likely to be mid to late April.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2015, 10:10:19 PM »
But it isn't 32 months is it? It's really 16 months. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. I just wish our elected representatives really believed this.

Victor M

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2015, 11:10:35 AM »
Just received sentence details they are:-

Defendant 1: 12 month community order (curfew for 6 months)
Defendant 2:  32 months imprisonment
Defendant 3:  32 months imprisonment

hollins

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
I have a further update. There are 4 brothers who have been charged with a number of offences, at present 3 are on remand and one is out on bail. When they have been are sentenced the Police have promised to issue a press statement.

Did the police ever issue this press statement?

Are we yet able to name/discuss this particular family on a public forum?

Russ

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2015, 10:42:34 AM »
Nice one Victor, I believe one of Marple's resident burglars was up for sentencing yesterday.

Victor M

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2015, 08:38:46 AM »
If you look at the following site http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-lists-archive.php and search the court listed as Manchester Minshull St you will see that throughout Jan there has been a number of hearings over January and some are still ongoing. When I get further info I will post it.

hollins

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2015, 10:35:52 PM »
The 3 defendants changed their plea to guilty at the last minute and are now scheduled to appear on 27/1/15 for sentencing at Minshull St.

Any news on this? Also, any information on precisely which burglaries/offences they have been charged with or "asked to be taken into consideration".

Victor M

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
I have a further update. There are 4 brothers who have been charged with a number of offences, at present 3 are on remand and one is out on bail. When they have been are sentenced the Police have promised to issue a press statement.

Victor M

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
Unfortunately I think 2 are out on bail!

hollins

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »
I wondered why they had disappeared from the court lists, when their earlier hearings had been noted online. One presumes (hopes) that they are locked up before their sentencing. Seems to be one particularly bad Marple family.

Victor M

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2014, 04:26:39 PM »
The 3 defendants changed their plea to guilty at the last minute and are now scheduled to appear on 27/1/15 for sentencing at Minshull St.

Victor M

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2014, 06:10:45 PM »
The 3 persons charged with a number of offences in the Marple area, their trial date is 24th November at 10:00 am at Minshull St. Crown Court. The trial is expected to last 4-5 days.

Russ

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
Any sign of plod on the beat lately?

I did read that a couple of our resident scrotes were up at crown court on 25th September but cannot find any report of the outcome, anybody heard?

Our Councillors & Politicians seem to be washing their hands of the mess they've caused in reducing our protection.

Russ

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »
I would say, the time & day will determine a poor turnout to show a lack of interest & little concern. They play with statistics. Do your best to make a bit of time, those that can. Obviously it is not practical for the working age population, unfortunately.

amazon

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »
I don't think 3.15pm on a weekday afternoon is going to be of much use to the majority of the working population.

In case the Secretary of State for Justice gets the wrong idea about the average age in Marple, couldn't he be persuaded to speak in the evening?
Average age may not want to come out in the evening now it's going dark .not everyone has a car