Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: More Burglaries & break-ins in Marple  (Read 42561 times)

hollins

Re: More Burglaries & break-ins in Marple
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
I don't think 3.15pm on a weekday afternoon is going to be of much use to the majority of the working population.

In case the Secretary of State for Justice gets the wrong idea about the average age in Marple, couldn't he be persuaded to speak in the evening?

Russ

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2014, 06:53:05 PM »
See message from William Wragg for anybody not on his mailing list. Go along and make your feelings heard.

Dear resident,

I've spoken to thousands of people across the constituency in recent months. One issue that comes up time and again is crime.

Because of this, I have asked the Secretary of State for Justice, Chris Graying, to come and speak with residents about crime, prevention of crime, offending, and justice.

Chris is responsible in Government for making improvements to our criminal justice and prison system, as well as victim support and re-offending.

He will be speaking at Marple Conservative Club, Church Lane, SK6 7AY, on Thursday 18th September for a 3.15pm start.

If you would like to come, raise your concerns and ask him questions, please do so. It would be helpful if you could let me know in advance by return email, or by completing this form here.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1odLar5kf1vvTiUR87r-xsHhLWSTS0_egLCUq-xA9CJ8/viewform

Tea and coffee will be served.

And please share this invitation with any family and friends who would be interested in coming along.

Best wishes

William Wragg

Prospective Conservative MP
Hazel Grove

amazon

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2014, 10:02:55 PM »
Henrietta, when our house in Marple was burgled the single most costly item was not any particular thing stolen but making good the substantial damage caused by forced entry. Triple-locking the back door clearly didn't help here.

Let's not blame the householder - let's get these thieves off the streets for good.

And a four-hour response time from the police (their target, apparently) is not acceptable. You could drive to London in that time.

Based at longsite now not stockport ..

hollins

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2014, 09:29:48 AM »
Henrietta, when our house in Marple was burgled the single most costly item was not any particular thing stolen but making good the substantial damage caused by forced entry. Triple-locking the back door clearly didn't help here.

Let's not blame the householder - let's get these thieves off the streets for good.

And a four-hour response time from the police (their target, apparently) is not acceptable. You could drive to London in that time.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2014, 02:49:57 AM »
We do, however, have a responsibility for the safety of our own property and to a certain extent to that of our neighbours. In the hypothetical scenario of the decoy knocking on the front door while the accomplice nips in the back - why was the back door unlocked when no-one was in the kitchen? Do we challenge people who are lurking around our neighbour's house or looks as if s/he's "casing" the area? Do we make sure we have ladders safely locked away and that we don't leave useful breaking and entering equipment such as the odd brick or garden implement lying around in our gardens for the benefit of an opportunist? Do we do out best to make our house look occupied when we aren't in it? Do we ALWAYS lock our car when we go into the hose even if it's only left for 5 minutes. Do we know what our children are doing when they are not under our supervision? After all, as any police officer will tell you, not all criminals come from disreputable homes. Do we mind our tongues when in the company of strangers? "Careless Talk Costs Lives" as the posters said. It gets you house broken into, too. I was having lunch in a pub recently when a customer near me was discoursing in a loud voice about the lock on her back door not being very secure. If I was a burglar's moll I could easily have followed her home and then reported back to my burglar boyfriend with the inevitable results. 

It's up to us to make our property the one which the thief walks past because it isn't a soft touch. There's no point in going out and leaving our windows open and then complaining about a lack of police presence when we come back and find we no longer possess a television or grandma's engagement ring.

Russ

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2014, 08:29:41 AM »
I don't.... And I sleep very happy in my bed whether I'm here in Marple or not.... There are far, far worse places to live; yet if you put enough effort into it you can paint any story with internet facts and disclosures.... If Russ moved to SW1A 1AA he'd complain that either crimes were going unreported or that instances of trespass disguised the true crime of "going equipped".

RH.

Like I said in my last post:- Most of the lucky people who haven't yet been a victim are not in the least concerned.

And then one pops up. Like magic isn't it.

Thankfully we have had some positive contributions from Councillors Shan Alexander & William Wragg, also from Andrew Stunnell MP who are all aware of the issues we are experiencing & have written to GMP on our behalf.

This is likely why people are seeing more Police presence on the streets be it on foot in patrol cars or vans. I thank them for that. This could also be why the break-ins in July is so much reduced.

I shouldn't have to explain this yet again but this thread is solely about burglary in our small town. Other crime is no worse than other comparable areas.
Burglary in Marple as you should be aware if your neighbours speak to you, is at a much higher rate than the North West average & the UK average as a whole. So there are not far, far worse areas on this issue. facts not fiction is always good when trying to make a point.

Positive contributions are always welcome, actions more so. The more people on board the less burglaries, hopefully.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2014, 07:21:31 PM »
You don't have to read it.

I don't.... And I sleep very happy in my bed whether I'm here in Marple or not.... There are far, far worse places to live; yet if you put enough effort into it you can paint any story with internet facts and disclosures.... If Russ moved to SW1A 1AA he'd complain that either crimes were going unreported or that instances of trespass disguised the true crime of "going equipped".

RH.

Russ

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
You don't have to read it.

Most of the lucky people who haven't yet been a victim are not in the least concerned.

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2014, 10:00:08 AM »
Whilst I think it's quite good that somebody is giving us a heads up on all the local crime, and even detailing what occurs in court afterwards, I must say you're striking fear into everybody a little bit Russ!

My girlfriend and I woke up at 02:45 the other night to the sound of banging downstairs. I grabbed my phone, she grabbed a coat hanger (she doesn't know why, says she panicked  ;D) and together we crept downstairs to find that our pet degus had moved the wheel over to the front of their vivarium and were banging it against the glass when they were running on it.

It's this thread (and seriously, this thread alone) that had us so worried!! And now every time I see a police car around Marple I am thinking a house has been burgled.

Yes people need to keep their wits about them, but in actuality people shouldn't live in fear... wherever they live... lifes too short to spend so much time worrying about these "scrotes"  :-\

Russ

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2014, 08:26:28 AM »
Well done, Russ. An article from nearly 10 years ago.

Yes, unfortunately it has all come true to life & here in Marple eh?

Howard

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »
Just been reading this article & hoping it doesn't happen here then remembered it already has, one elderly lady in Marple Bridge I read about in the local papers was tied to her radiator if I remember correctly. And an elderly man on kidney dialysis had his Audi TT car keys taken at knife-point at his home on Strines road. I'm sure there will be others that we are not aware of.

We really need the Police coverage we used to have in Marple. Take care before opening the door to strangers.

Read link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3613417/An-Englishmans-home-is-his-dungeon.html

Well done, Russ. An article from nearly 10 years ago.

Russ

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
Just been reading this article & hoping it doesn't happen here then remembered it already has, one elderly lady in Marple Bridge I read about in the local papers was tied to her radiator if I remember correctly. And an elderly man on kidney dialysis had his Audi TT car keys taken at knife-point at his home on Strines road. I'm sure there will be others that we are not aware of.

We really need the Police coverage we used to have in Marple. Take care before opening the door to strangers.

Read link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3613417/An-Englishmans-home-is-his-dungeon.html

Russ

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »
On the good side, burglary would appear to be down for July. Our Bobbies getting to know who to keep an eye on?

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/crime-map/#Marple

Not good for the 5 families who had their homes robbed & trashed by the thieving scum though.

Don't ease up on the homewatch folks, there are several known burglars still out & about, other than the ones that keep getting caught. Maybe our resident scrotes were working another area in July.

Russ

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »
The 3 burglars listed above should not necessarily be associated with any that have previously been caught, reported or named.

The post is a warning to Marple residents that there are still 2 prolific burglars on the loose. This will be most frustrating for what is left of our Police force.

Take care of your property folks. Locks & alarms are a must, do not relax.

Russ

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 10:56:04 AM »
Latest update from GMP via emails on the Marple burglars. There is no mention of the Jewellers & s/h shops being prosecuted for handling stolen property?

Below is an overview of where we are up to with the prosecution of the 3 offenders. As you can see one is now remanded in Custody

Offender 1 is charged with 4 x Burglaries. He has been arrested on 3 occasions for breaching his bail conditions. On the last occasion, he was remanded in custody, however made a bail application and managed to convince the Judge to release him. This was despite the fact one of our detectives attended court over the course of 3 days to object.Offender 1  told various stories to the court about the reasons for the breaches, which we were able to disprove, however he was still granted bail. Since then he committed a further burglary, and went on his holidays to Zante using his brother's passport. He has since been arrested for Breach of Bail, escape lawful custody and passport offences, and has been Remanded in custody since 11/7/14.

Offender 2 is charged with 4 x Burglaries. He was bailed after his most recent arrest, however failed to appear at court. He was arrested for this on 15/7/14, and released by the courts, to attend at Minshull Street CrownCourt on 30/7/14. I believe will be a preliminary hearing as the matter is listed for trial in November.

Offender3 is charged with 3 x Burglaries . There have been no issues in relation to his bail. He has no conditions.

There is some overlap with the offences they are charged with, however, in total 7 offences of burglary dwelling have been attributed to these 3.

Quite a lot of property has been recovered from various second hand shops and jewellers all over the Greater Manchester area