Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Roundabout to demolish swimming baths  (Read 25491 times)

Heritage

Re: Roundabout to demolish swimming baths
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »
How sad!

Miss Marple

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »
Sounds like MIA have been watching reruns of Fairly Secret Army  ;D
No ! We have been watching ' Tales of the Unexpected '  :-\

Heritage

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
Sounds like MIA have been watching reruns of Fairly Secret Army  ;D

sooty2

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
Sounds like this man was conveying his own thoughts in conversation.People can make their own mind up!Quick,grab him,put him in the stocks. ::)

Miss Marple

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 08:51:38 AM »
Maybe it was the ASDA mole trying to confuse the issue  :-\

Dave

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 07:23:32 AM »
I am not sure who the chap was on the stall but he was not speaking on behalf of MIA 

Sorry Miss M, but I'm afraid he was.  He was manning your stall.  He was carrying an MIA clipboard with your petition on it, and asking passers by to sign it.  He was speaking for MIA.  End of story. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 12:33:11 AM »
So let's get this straight Miss M; is MIA still alleging that the college's real intention is to move out of Marple entirely?
MIA has  never said that it is the college 's intention to move out of Marple, I am not sure who the chap was on the stall but he was not speaking on behalf of MIA   Did you challenge his remarks  ???

Miss Marple

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
Finetime I would have thought the question should be, what have you exactly to report.  Surely both yourself and Dave have by now made some enquiries and spoken to some people in a way to seek out fact from the fiction you are both convinced exists.   If I was active in a forum debate I would make it my Business to have some insight and knowledge around  the subject I was contributing too.  Famous saying " you can talk the talk but fail to walk the walk". This I feel sums up this situation perfectly 

finetimefontaine

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:06 PM »
Dave / Finetime do you really fail to understand that YOU TWO only know what you know because of MIA and MIA only know what they know because they have spoken to 3 ex governors (stood down in protest of proposals ) Ms Cassidy, Mr Hubert,  Chair of the corporation, ASDA ! Yes ASDA . Chief Executive of YPLA, Dorothy Smith Head of YPLA North West , Staff who were present at the original meeting in May / June 2011 with Tesco and the college consultants.  
So my friends :-\ my question to you two is who have you spoken too to be so adamant that what MIA report is untrue.  Do you both realise how your posts sound to people like myself, who have actually taken time to seek out information.   The information is out there and you would both do well to seek it out and then, and only then can we enter into an informed debate ! I think you both need a reality check.

Dear Miss M - Exactly what have MIA to report?

Dave

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »
So let's get this straight Miss M; is MIA still alleging that the college's real intention is to move out of Marple entirely?

Miss Marple

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »
Just out of interest - not an argument! - what's the 'A' in MIA for? Is it Action against a supermarket or Allowing a level-headed analysis  ::)
Allowing a level  - headed analysis with insight into the presenting issue

Heritage

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »
Just out of interest - not an argument! - what's the 'A' in MIA for? Is it Action against a supermarket or Allowing a level-headed analysis  ::)

Miss Marple

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »
Insulting language removed by Howard. Please keep it civil, Miss M.

Dave / Finetime do you really fail to understand that YOU TWO only know what you know because of MIA and MIA only know what they know because they have spoken to 3 ex governors (stood down in protest of proposals ) Ms Cassidy, Mr Hubert,  Chair of the corporation, ASDA ! Yes ASDA . Chief Executive of YPLA, Dorothy Smith Head of YPLA North West , Staff who were present at the original meeting in May / June 2011 with Tesco and the college consultants.  
So my friends  :-\ my question to you two is who have you spoken too to be so adamant that what MIA report is untrue.  Do you both realise how your posts sound to people like myself, who have actually taken time to seek out information.   The information is out there and you would both do well to seek it out and then, and only then can we enter into an informed debate ! I think you both need a reality check.

Dave

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »
Posted" being the operative word. What people have been told on Market St to encourage them to sign the petition is entirely another matter.

It should not be news to you, Miss M, as I have related this experience at least once before.  I was sheltering from a shower under the MIA gazebo (thanks, MIA  ;D), and overheard a clipboard-wielding MIA person (male) telling two shocked people that the college's plans for Hibbert Lane were just a 'smokescreen' (his exact word) for the real plan, which was to move out of Marple altogether! That was the false information which I was referring to. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
And just what would that false information be !  No information posted by myself or indeed any other MIA member is false.  The swimming baths and the roundabout was brought to MIA attention by staff who had attended a meeting at the college Fact not Fiction.   So now Dave my old mucker ! list what's false and I will provide where that information came from.  Please stop just putting wild remarks on just to point score, you are becoming boring !

"Posted" being the operative word. What people have been told on Market St to encourage them to sign the petition is entirely another matter.
What have people been told on market street ? This is all news to me, please explain