Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701829 times)

NeilCorrie

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #323 on: July 26, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
Hopefully I've attached a pdf of the leaflet!

Thanks Belle Star : for those without a PDF viewer, here's a pic of said leaflet.

Miss Marple

« Reply #322 on: July 26, 2011, 10:34:41 PM »
There will be three other  people plus myself attending the meeting tomorrow with the Principle and Mr Hubert finance  I thought it best to take along members of other concerned groups for this important meeting. 

Belle Star

« Reply #321 on: July 26, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
Marple in Action has delivered over 2,500 leaflets informing everyone as much as they can about tomorrow nights council meeting.

For those who have not seen the leaflet yet, is it worth posting a copy of it (or link to picture of it) here and via the "just the facts" thread ?  And have you a few copies for the speakers and audience tomorrow ?

Hopefully I've attached a pdf of the leaflet!

[attachment deleted by admin]

rotten john

« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
i object to any supermarket or housing being built on this site,theres litrally thousands of houses for sale around marple etc,cant see how building more will improove anything.
dont let them build on any fields in marple,i grew up in heaton moor and watched all the feilds and farms dissapear under bricks and morter,whats next a drive through mcdonalds on hawk green field ??? you think im kidding....... i aint

Tricky

« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2011, 08:48:31 PM »
I was near Hibbert Lane roundabout the other day and this absolutely massive articulated truck came up Hibbert Lane and did a full turn on the roundabout to go back down Hibbert Lane. Everybody around stopped in their tracks because the sight was so astonishing. I have never seen a truck so big in Marple, I think it was something to do with Travis Perkins.
            Just shows a tesco lorry would do it easy .

40' trailers used to go to Goyt Mill regularly.
meh

Miss Marple

« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
The leaflet was simply to raise awareness of the meeting tomorrow and to introduce people to this website so that they could acquaint themselves with the story so far. Apologies if you didn't receive a leaflet; there's only so many hours in a day due to work commitments etc  ;)

amazon

« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2011, 08:42:32 PM »
I was near Hibbert Lane roundabout the other day and this absolutely massive articulated truck came up Hibbert Lane and did a full turn on the roundabout to go back down Hibbert Lane. Everybody around stopped in their tracks because the sight was so astonishing. I have never seen a truck so big in Marple, I think it was something to do with Travis Perkins.
            Just shows a tesco lorry would do it easy .

JMC

« Reply #316 on: July 26, 2011, 08:30:39 PM »
I haven't seen any leaflets, could someone post it?

The email above is good but the part about the health centre; who would fund this? There are lots of things we would all like on that land but we won't ever get it just by suggesting it.  Also the term 'lovely' seems out of place and it doesn't mention the fact that the two supermarkets we already have are both co-op. It is a good argument but not really convincing enough. The supermarket could offer to sort out the traffic round the area, they need to come up with counter arguments for things like that too and cover everything.

sgk

« Reply #315 on: July 26, 2011, 08:01:57 PM »
Local blogger and Marple fan "MarpleLeaf" has posted some opinions on the supermarket situation and possible implications for Marple folk on his blog.

NeilCorrie

« Reply #314 on: July 26, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
Marple in Action has delivered over 2,500 leaflets informing everyone as much as they can about tomorrow nights council meeting. 

For those who have not seen the leaflet yet, is it worth posting a copy of it (or link to picture of it) here and via the "just the facts" thread ?  And have you a few copies for the speakers and audience tomorrow ?

Taurus

« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »

Taurus

« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »
looks like word is spreading around Marple which is great!  ;D

Miss Marple

« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »
Tomorrow nights meeting will now be first on the agenda.   So please make the effort to come along. Marple in Action has delivered over 2,500 leaflets informing everyone as much as they can about tomorrow nights council meeting.  If there are any local shops reading this it is important for you to come along and show opposition to any development on that site that will see the demise of our community and loss of local shops not to mention the increase in traffic
We need to show whatever supermarket giant that we are united in wanting to retain our village type way of life. 
Looking forward and hoping to seeing a huge turnout tomorrow night  ;D

SPREAD THE WORD

Dave

« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2011, 09:11:59 AM »
Thanks Neil - more fascinating stuff there!

This bit is particularly interesting:  Not to erect or suffer to be erected on such part of the land adjoining Macclesfield Canal any Mill Manufactory or any building to be used as trade works.
...... as it reveals that the 1925 conveyance was for a bigger area of land than the one now occupied by camsfc, which does not extend all the way to the canal.  That must be the land now occupied by the housing on Mount Drive. 

And this bit at the end of the response: There are also rights in favour of the Local Authority to
1- use parts of the Hibbert Lane site for purposes of providing adult education
2- use the leisure centre situated within the Hibbert Lane Site
3- use the Youth Club situated within the Hibbert lane Site
.....can't be anything to do with the 1925 covenants.   They must refer to conditions placed by SMBC on the transfer of the land from the local authority to Ridge Danyers College (as it was called then), back in the 1990s.

NeilCorrie

« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
Concerning that "shown on the plan attached to the 1919 Conveyance (we do not have a copy of the plan)" line in the FOI response, the best image I can find right now is the 1934 plan on http://www.old-maps.co.uk/maps.html.