Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Widening of Dan Bank  (Read 74854 times)

belleesummerbee

Re: Widening of Dan Bank
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
Noticed that the famer on Dan Bank has used his 30 pieces of silver to re roof his house  :-[

Now the wall has been pushed back i see an opportunity for an upgraded access followed by a Planning Application to convert the barns. 30 pieces of silver will look like lose change. Fill you boots

Miss Marple

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »
Noticed that the Farmer on Dan Bank has used his 30 pieces of silver to re roof his House :-[
IF the work being done is with his '30 pieces of silver' then Is it not better to use the money on home improvements?
You would soon kick off if you found out he went on holiday or got a sports car...  just a thought!'

Oh no !!  He will need a new roof because when that wind blows down the valley his house will now take the full force of mother nature due to the missing trees that used to protect the farm house from the elements  :D

Miss Marple

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »
Noticed that the famer on Dan Bank has used his 30 pieces of silver to re roof his house  :-[

Can you prove what money he actually used to repair his roof?

If I had received the money, I'd have bought a sports car so a roof repair is fairly ecologically sound.

I think the residents have to be realistic about all this. If it's not done, the road subsides and homes will no doubt be damaged, I'm not exactly sure what the concerns are, is it just the fact you've lost a bit of folliage?
I take it your not a local  ???

amazon

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »
If He Is Paying for it himself so what .don't make something out of it that you dont no.

tina

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2011, 10:02:51 AM »
IF the work being done is with his '30 pieces of silver' then Is it not better to use the money on home improvements?
You would soon kick off if you found out he went on holiday or got a sports car...   just a thought!'

Duke Fame

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2011, 09:28:43 AM »

Can you prove what money he actually used to repair his roof?

If I had received the money, I'd have bought a sports car so a roof repair is fairly ecologically sound.

I think the residents have to be realistic about all this. If it's not done, the road subsides and homes will no doubt be damaged, I'm not exactly sure what the concerns are, is it just the fact you've lost a bit of folliage?

Miss Marple

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2011, 12:07:01 AM »

Miss Concerned

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
I attended the meeting with the councillors and council representatives viz. Alex Bremners boss who is in overall charge of the works and the ecology/tree expert. Not as well attended as expected but those residents who expressed the concerns already voiced on this forum were listened to sympathetically. The noise levels for this present phase of works and the floodlighting have been unbearable during the last couple of weeks and we asked that the results shown on the noise monitoring equipment which is in my garden be made public. The council official seemed sympathetic and quite shocked that we felt we hadnt been kept informed and directed us to the newsletters and website as though we hadn't heard of them!
I hope that the points raised about the seemingly indescriminate removal of trees rather than actually marking them for removal - so that the public are made fully aware of what is happening - were taken on board as it looks like the same thing may happen on Compstall Brow. Apparently, due to the increase in traffic during the diversions, Compstall Brow is now collapsing into the valley at the side! The roads in the area are laid directly onto earth unlike modern road construction, so it is an ongoing problem. ( Longhurst Lane, Strines rd etc.) There was an outburst from someone who wished to remain unknown, although he was known to the councillors and the lady from the civic trust, to say he wholeheartedly approved of the removal of trees in the area and he wanted to thank the council and hoped they would continue their good work. His comments were not shared by the majority and indeed the councillors looked uncomfortable. I wonder why?
The residents on Dan Bank are being involved in the planting plan directly on the banking opposite their houses during a meeting next Monday; one triumph anyway.

Miss Marple

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2011, 12:08:37 AM »
Over heard a conversation in the dentist today where a couple of ladies were discussing the works and the destruction caused to Dan Bank .  One lady commented that SMBC had succeeded where Cromwell had failed in destroying Marple  :D NEVER A TRUER WORD SAID !!!!

Miss Marple

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »
I was going to attend but sadly I am out of the country in Qatar   I would be interested  to hear what was said and what plans are now in force for future consultation with residents on any future tree felling in the area

alan@marple

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
Did any of the contributors to this thread, attend the special meeting with Councillors Bispham and Candler on Saturday Morning?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »
Some more photos from Arthur, taken on Saturday during the daytime: http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-40
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
super photos again from aurthur .dont stay up to late now .Is the fence coming down after the work is done or staying . 

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »
I wondered when they were cutting down the trees on the other side of the road whether their removal may cause earth movement and compromise the road and the houses above the road? If that is likely then how much worse will it be with the latest chopping down?

The tree removal on the far side of the road will have had no impact on the houses because they have put huge piles in to stop the road slipping down the bank. The tree removal on the same side as the houses perhap could but part of the work they are doing is "soil nailing" to prevent slippage of the bank on that side.

Just by chance Arthur Procter has sent some photos of the overnight works taken last night as they were carrying out some of this aspect of the works and I've put them on the Virtual Tour in the Dan Bank album just a moment ago:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-40
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2011, 06:45:18 PM »

As I drove down Dan Bank this morning, for the first time in several weeks, I saw for the first time the shamefull carnage that has taken place, those beautiful trees gone forever, at least for most of our lifetimes, was there no alternative?

Was consent required to fell those trees?

I know it's to late now!
I wondered when they were cutting down the trees on the other side of the road whether their removal may cause earth movement and compromise the road and the houses above the road? If that is likely then how much worse will it be with the latest chopping down?