Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Linked Events

• Rose Hill Tip Reopens: January 18, 2011

Author Topic: Development at Rose Hill Tip  (Read 31456 times)

Belly

Re: Development at Rose Hill Tip
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 09:28:47 PM »
I would imagine that it would probably take 6-8 weeks or more to get enough waste to generate a decent trainload. That would be a lot of storage at Rose Hill! Currently there are only about 4 or 5 trains a week serving Bredbury to the final disposal place and those trains have already been 'on the loop' to Salford, Oldham Road and Wytehnshawe (i.e. taking pretty much all GM's black bin waste).

I also suspect that a lot of the recyclables collected at RoseHill (i.e. most of the waste) goes elsewhere anyway.

Such a shame no one thought to utilise rail Freight at Rose Hill Station as part of the re-designed Rose Hill Recycling Centre.... we could have stopped some of those heavy lorries destroying Dan Bank.

To sensible that, and Bredbury having a rail head to. ::) ::)

Neil Smith

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
Such a shame no one thought to utilise rail Freight at Rose Hill Station as part of the re-designed Rose Hill Recycling Centre.... we could have stopped some of those heavy lorries destroying Dan Bank.

To sensible that, and Bredbury having a rail head to. ::) ::)

jimblob

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »

Harry

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 10:31:42 AM »
Railway Road.

Turn left just after The Railway Pub on the way out of Marple (opposite the Spar on Stockport Road)
Admin

Duke Fame

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 10:16:16 AM »
Where is it? I've got loads of black bin liners which weren't taken last week to dump. .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 08:59:06 PM »
Latest news I've received is that Rosehill HWRC (Tip) will be open to the general public at 08.00 hrs on Tuesday 18th January 2011.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 09:22:31 AM »
I've received the following update from one of our local councillors :(

We advised at Area Committee meetings this week that Rose Hill Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) was expected to reopen on Tuesday 21st December, unfortunately the freezing weather has meant that they have been unable to lay tarmac to finish the site.

Rose Hill Household Waste Recycling Centre will not now reopen until January 2011.

We will advise further when we have a confirmed opening date.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Rosehill Recycling Facility to Re-Open 21 December 2010
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 08:04:15 PM »
PRESS RELEASE:
Following significant redevelopment Rosehill Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) will be reopening to the public from 8am on Tuesday 21st  December 2010.
This is great news for local residents who will have the benefit of a new and improved service ahead of schedule and in time for the festive season.

Together with the other HWRC’s in Stockport, including  Bredbury, which was redeveloped earlier in the year, and Adswood where redevelopments are planned in early 2011, the Rosehill centre will offer improved facilities and allow better waste separation for up to 21 different material types ranging from garden waste, cardboard, small and large electrical items, tyres, fridges and textiles to maximise recycling levels. 

Site efficiency will be improved with the introduction of working on two-levels, separating operational and public vehicles, making traffic movement through the facility easier. The queuing capacity will be increased on-site to reduce off-site queuing on Railway Road.

Following the closure of Torkington Road Household Waste Recycling Centre in early  2011, the following centres will be available to residents:
·   Bredbury Parkway, Bredbury, SK6 2SN.
·   Adswood Road, Adswood, Stockport, SK8 5QY.
·   Rosehill, Railway Road, Marple, Stockport, SK6 6HU.

The completion of the site will also mark the closure of, Torkington Road HWRC.
To allow for residents who use the Torkington Road facility to become familiar with the NEW Rose Hill facility and so that we can continue to provide ample capacity over the busy festive period the Torkington Road facility will permanently close from 6pm on Monday 10th January 2011. Site users will be redirected to the NEW Rose Hill Facility.
The Torkington Road facility is not able to accommodate such redevelopment that Rose Hill has undergone due to its size.
Significant investment has therefore been made in the Rose Hill facility to provide a much improved and modern facility for the Stockport’s residents.  In addition Stockport Council has also increased the capacity for removing recycling and waste materials from resident’s homes by 71.5%, giving residents even more capacity to recycle on their doorstep.
Following a consultation earlier this year, Stockport Council is undertaking a review of the redevelopment of the Torkington site in accordance with the planning brief details of which will be issued in the New Year.

For more information on recycling and waste across Greater Manchester visit www.recycleforgreatermanchester.com

For more information on recycling and waste in Stockport visit Stockport Council’s dedicated webpage www.stockport,gov.uk/waste
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Belly

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 09:46:13 PM »
I doubt that you would be turned away if you were a Greater Manchester resident, as all the GM authorities waste sites (bar Wigan) are under the same contract. But if you were a Derbyshire resident using a GM site, they may well turn you away.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 01:28:21 PM »
dont know nothing about having to prove you live in stalybridge to use the tip (will found out today because i need to go)...
A couple of weeks back they apparently had someone at the gates asking for addresses - supposedly for a "survey of users" but in fact a colleague who lives in Glossop (Glossop tip closed) who gave her real address was sent packing!

Aslan

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »
you should still be able to use Bredbury or Adswood without any problems

Susan

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »
dont know nothing about having to prove you live in stalybridge to use the tip (will found out today because i need to go)...

My login is Henrietta

Re: Rose hill refuse tip or whatever they want to call it .
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 08:00:58 PM »
good god . Thanks for that .
Last time I looked Glossop was closed as well and a colleague tells me that at Stalybridge you have to be able to prove residence in Tameside before they will let you in!

amazon

Re: Rose hill refuse tip or whatever they want to call it .
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 07:08:43 PM »
good god . Thanks for that .