Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Linked Events

• Rose Hill Tip Reopens: January 18, 2011

Author Topic: Development at Rose Hill Tip  (Read 30526 times)

amazon

Rose hill refuse tip or whatever they want to call it .
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »
Does any one know when is opening or is it open .and any information about he road works starting
 in marple ,

Howard

Re: Development at Rose Hill Tip
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »
This has been dreadfully communicated. Here's a good post by Michael Taylor on his blog "The Marple Leaf" about the role of local authorities and how they might communicate with local users of their facilities: http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.com/2010/04/marple-tip-closing-for-while-who-knows.html

marveld

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 02:51:55 PM »
Mark, further to my post, I have just had this email reply from the site you posted.

"Hello, Regarding the HWRC at Rose Hill in Marple the date of closure is 10th May 2010 and is due to re-open 10th Jan 2011 but Bredbury HWRC’s opening date, 1st May 2010, as alternative facility to use instead of Rose hill."

So, May 4th, May 10th, sometime in May, but it will be closing and for an extensive period!!!!

marveld

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »
I have just spoken to the site supervisor at Rose Hill tip. The site was originally going to close at the beginning of April, but to allow Bredbury to prepare for additional traffic, Rose Hill will now close on May 4th i.e. after the Bank Holiday. I was informed it will be closed for 7 MONTHS. Remedial (safe) work has already started around the perimeter.

I mentioned it would be useful to have a sign informing users of the impending closure. He agreed (I'm not sure if this will be followed up though). He did say that during re-development, the site will be manned to tell people how to get to other tips.

(There were initial plans to keep the site open during re-development, but a decision was made that this was too risky).

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »
Interesting! Your tip off led me to find Greater Manchester Waste's own web site where it says:

"From the 30th March 2010 works will start on the Household Waste Recycling Centre at Rose Hill  in Marple.  The site will remain fully operational and at this time there will be no disruption to householders using the facility."

Pretty confusing eh!

http://www.gmwda.gov.uk/recycle-for-stockport.htm
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »
The tip will be closed FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. I asked one of the workmen a few weeks ago. I mentioned it seemed silly making all the tarmac improvements (parking etc.) at the front of the tip when heavy lorries would be involved in the new build. He informed me the tip has nothing to do with Stockport Council, but is operated by Greater Manchester Waste hence the lack of co-ordination. Several buildings inside the tip (around the perimeter) will be demolished and a ramp for cars with a throw-in tip is to be constructed. Best plans always slip, but I thought he told me it would close in April sometime.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 06:17:57 PM »
It was open as normal today.

Great - my neighbour told me it was closed for a month! Presumably he was wrong then? Have I jumped to the wrong conclusion?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Deniseam

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:33:04 PM »
They've moved the clothes recycling to behind the workmens shed.  Lets hope any improvements don't lead to them organise it like Hazel Grove tip.  One long line of cars waiting for ages to tip stuff one at a time. 

Harry

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 05:08:56 PM »
It was open as normal today.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Development at Rose Hill Tip
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:23:53 AM »
I understand that Rose Hill Tip is closed for development / improvements. Does anyone know how long it is expected to be closed? I can't find anything useful on the council web site about it.

I did post some links to copies of the plans way back in 2007 but they don't work any more. If I remember correctly you will be able to drive around the back and tip from above (if they haven't changed them since then).

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website