Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207025 times)

sgk

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
Not sure anyone's posted this before, but here's a nice before+after comparison, showing all the renovation work the good people of Stockport seem to have paid for.

Barbara

« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2010, 02:11:32 PM »
In short - No!

amazon

« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
Has this fiasco definately been referred to the Ombudsman. I think the correct ombudsman is the Local Government Ombudsman and not the Financial one. The property is now up for sale, I have seen the listing on the Right Move. com website, it is priced at £400,000. There are also some pictures of the interior that you may find interesting. This matter if not already referred to the Ombudsman should be without delay. The Council should not have spent such a vast sum of money stabilising the banking, it is after all private property. What evidence was there to suggest that it needed doing in the first place.  In connection with the whole scheme, how many people have you seen using the new footpath and pedestrian crossing facility. What a enormous waste of money. I can hardly wait to see the final outcome.
               Do you think we will     ever will see the final outcome.

sooty2

« Reply #388 on: August 17, 2010, 10:26:39 PM »
Hello Beverly, You only need to look at the photos in post 183 to see that the great mound of earth thats there now, certainly wasn't there in the past. It' s man made.When the right hand side of the building was demolished years ago the land would of been flat, it wasn't a split level building.But is seems not many people care about the the huge cash injection given to the owner ,or what an eyesore it is. As for the crossing??? words fail me in this economic climate.

beverley hills

« Reply #387 on: August 17, 2010, 07:36:48 PM »
Has this fiasco definately been referred to the Ombudsman. I think the correct ombudsman is the Local Government Ombudsman and not the Financial one. The property is now up for sale, I have seen the listing on the Right Move. com website, it is priced at £400,000. There are also some pictures of the interior that you may find interesting. This matter if not already referred to the Ombudsman should be without delay. The Council should not have spent such a vast sum of money stabilising the banking, it is after all private property. What evidence was there to suggest that it needed doing in the first place.  In connection with the whole scheme, how many people have you seen using the new footpath and pedestrian crossing facility. What a enormous waste of money. I can hardly wait to see the final outcome.

bat man

« Reply #386 on: August 15, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »
I await the ombudsmans findings brfore casting judgement..... :(

Miss Marple

« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »
DODGY DEALINGS !  I rest my case  :-\

Dave

« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2010, 08:03:44 AM »
Do a search on this normally reliable website.  The postcode of 17 Windows is SK2 5HF.  You'll see that the property has not changed hands since 24 November 2005, when the developer who did it up (i.e. presumably the present owner) bought it.  http://www.nethouseprices.com/

Miss Marple

« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2010, 11:06:47 PM »
Correction !!!!  The property has changed hands at least three times.  The last family member who had occupied the house for many years passed away and the house went to auction FACT !!  Once purchased from action the then owner put it up for sale without attempting any renovation or exterior work FACT !!  It was then purchased by a chap who tried to renovated it himself but due to ill health could not continue (FACT)  My son was at the time looking for a property and made enquiries at the estate agents but the asking price was around £340.00 and then in a real state due to major works having been started but not finished.  My son felt the house, given the present state was vastly overpriced FACT !!  The house was once again sold to yet another builder who started to undertake not only cosmetic repairs like the previous owner. but major inside structural alterations (remember the split down the full Lenghth of the building that had to be pinned due to structural changes)  FACT!!  Then once again the house stood empty and ALL BUILDING WORKS CEASED !!  the poor builder appeared to have taken on a project in need of far more money than he was willing to spend !!  THEN !!! and only then came along the property developer who purchased the building (after it had been stood for months and months half finished ) did his dodgy dealings and acquired a landscaped garden, compensation for a couple of inches of land, a cess pit installed and a drive in and out plus much much more , paid for out of the council coffers.  You only have to ask yourself that if everything was above board then WHY OH WHY is our local MP following the case very closely and has informed me by letter that the Case is being referred to the financial ombudsman !!!  I sometimes wonder if I am on a parelell universe when I am on this site   Beam me up PLEASE !!!!

sooty2

« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
Shall we say the owner has benifitted from 167k of work and will profit from it when sold?

Dave

« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2010, 06:07:31 PM »
I said 3 posts back that it wasn't sold.

Indeed you did, Sooty, but then you wrote:
The property has changed ownership since 2005.

I am simply clearing up the confusion.  The developer seems to have acquired it in November 2005, and it has not changed hands since. 

The main point I have been trying to make, however, has been in response to Miss Marple's suggestion that the developer has 'profited from council coffers'.  In fact he has not made any profit at all, yet. 

sooty2

« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »
Nick.The last seven posts are fom Dave and I. If he is not replying to me, which post is he replying to?

Taurus

« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2010, 12:46:40 PM »
Sooty...why do you think that Dave's reply is targeted at you? It is not even addressed to you! I took Dave's reply as a response to the most recent postings.

sooty2

« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »
I said 3 posts back that it wasn't sold. So why are you telling me its for sale? I know! To the People on this site I apologise for this petty squabbling that I have been drawn into ::)

Dave