Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207051 times)

sooty2

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #421 on: October 01, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »
I would tell you what it says if it was in reply to my complaints. But I think their reply should of gone to someone else.They say that I am concerned about the whole cost of everything,Strenghthening, widening,trafiic signals etc etc and that I would like the whole scheme abandoning. I don't think I could bring that about ;D. Of course we need the road brought up to standard. My concerns are ,and always will be about the money involved in Seventeen windows and it's ugly eyesore of a garden which is a scruffy mess >:(

Dave

« Reply #420 on: October 01, 2010, 05:21:18 PM »
I have now recieved a reply to my official complaint to the council.

Come on then sooty - aren't you going to tell us what it says?

sooty2

« Reply #419 on: October 01, 2010, 01:11:46 AM »
I have now recieved a reply to my official complaint to the council.Pathetic! Don't know if people who complained recieved a standard reply or not. But mine had no relevance to my complaint. Not surprised though, Cut and Dried >:( Better to have fought for the cause than do nothing.Where's it going to end?To think that people run fast and loose with other peoples money really annoys me. They should ,if they were honest, treat the money as their own and budget accordingly.Honest days pay for an honest days work! ::) ::) ::)

andy+kirsty

« Reply #418 on: September 23, 2010, 11:50:59 AM »
I'm a bit confused.  Looking at the 2 pictures I can't see where the pavement has been widened; it looks the same on both pictures.

YES !  YES !  He's got it !   Has anyone else  ???   Dodgy dealings or what !!! :-\

I was going to comment, but all I can muster is a sort of gutteral sigh.

Miss Marple

« Reply #417 on: September 22, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
I'm a bit confused.  Looking at the 2 pictures I can't see where the pavement has been widened; it looks the same on both pictures.

YES !  YES !  He's got it !   Has anyone else  ???   Dodgy dealings or what !!! :-\

amazon

« Reply #416 on: September 20, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
i agree with improving the footpath down to Marple Garden centre all so to include a crossing at the junction  .i use public transport and crossing from the bus stop going down and coming from the garden centre is not easy . . 

Dave

« Reply #415 on: September 20, 2010, 07:41:15 AM »
Alan, see the letter from Cllr Bispham (post 171) where he writes: 'We also looked at purchasing a strip of land at the bottom of Dan Bank to widen the road and provide an extra lane for traffic turning towards Romiley but the farmer simply wanted too much.'

However, also see posts 202 and 204 for information about plans to improve some of the rest of the footpath, and install a pedestrian crossing at the Dooley Lane junction  next year.

alan@marple

« Reply #414 on: September 19, 2010, 11:59:14 PM »
If the council had purchased 6ft of land opposite seventeen windows all the way down to Dooley Lane, then the road could have been widened so as to allow a sufficiently wide filter lane turning left into Dooley Lane.

As it is now vehicles doing so tend to mount the pavement so as to get past Marple bound traffic, putting pedestrians at risk and damaging others wing mirrors

Dave

« Reply #413 on: September 17, 2010, 10:24:30 AM »
Dave, Peple have been able to cross at the lights and use Marple Old Road before this vast amount of money was spent ::)So whats new?

What's new is that it's now a lot safer.

Taurus

« Reply #412 on: September 16, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »
You could only continue the footpath on the other side by buying a strip of land from the farmer (if he was prepared to sell)

Hardly a strip of land....more like a few yards!!!

sooty2

« Reply #411 on: September 16, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »
Dave, Peple have been able to cross at the lights and use Marple Old Road before this vast amount of money was spent ::)So whats new?

Dave

« Reply #410 on: September 16, 2010, 05:04:57 PM »
This thread is now so long that we're in danger of forgetting what has gone before! The whole point is that pedestrians going towards Offerton will cross the road at the new crossing and then walk via Marple Old Road! You could only continue the footpath on the other side by buying a strip of land from the farmer (if he was prepared to sell)

Taurus

« Reply #409 on: September 16, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »
the footpath disappears into the hedge! God only knows why the hedge could not have been cut back and the pavement carried on! When I walk to Stockport, to avoid the risk of being run over or squashed by vehicles I have to use the crossing then either walk up Marple Old Road or cross over to where the pavement begins again. The widening of the pavement and the crossing only cater for people who walk down Marple Old Road then use the crossing, it is certainly not catered for people who want to stick to the main road whilst walking to Offerton or Stockport. I think brain cells were in very short supply when this was planned!

sooty2

« Reply #408 on: September 16, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »
That's correct Barbara. It all seems pointless! The only widened bit of pavement is near the crossing. ::)

Barbara

« Reply #407 on: September 16, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »
Am I mistaken, or does the footpath on the uphill side (towards Stockport) actually not exist at all for a few yards as it rounds the bend?   ???