Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Candidates' views on Clean Air Zone Charging  (Read 4864 times)

GM

Re: Candidates' views on Clean Air Zone Charging
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2022, 03:10:30 PM »
Just to prove how much of a con that website is I put mellor cross as the address.

It said medium air pollution and exceeds three who limits, for lacking another word b...s comes to mind

GM

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2022, 03:02:52 PM »
Have a read on the about us section on the website, my hysterical screeching comment is probably underplaying they're levels of screeching.

jimblob

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2022, 03:00:01 PM »
https://www.addresspollution.org/
@nbt , are you able to provide information that validates the results when using this website?
Manchester's own website... https://cleanairgm.com/data-hub/diffusion-tubes/
tells a totally different picture of only 2 out of 497 diffusion tubes indicating that targets are not being met across the whole of GM

GM

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2022, 02:57:43 PM »
If you believe anything like that linked website I think you might need to do a little better research.

We covered air quality before, there was zero cause for any concern according to actual recorded data across the whole of greater Manchester!.

Websites like that are the digital version of hysterical screeching by the stop oil and other activists

nbt

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2022, 02:38:35 PM »
In all honesty is that really what you want our world to look like wheels?.

Ermm -yes? What's up with it? The cosrt of fuel is rising, the cost of living is rising, bikes are way cheaper than cars and far better for your health

If you think we can continue with the status quo then you really need to step back and look at the problems cars cause.

If you think the Clean Air Zone is unnecsssary, can I suggest you check your addresss here

https://www.addresspollution.org/
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

GM

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 10:17:51 AM »
In all honesty is that really what you want our world to look like wheels?.

wheels

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2022, 10:09:45 AM »
#jimblob I think you make my point very well. Well done.

GM

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2022, 08:37:43 AM »
How on earth did you get the inspirational poster from the offices of CAZ scheme ?.

jimblob

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 08:34:13 AM »
Nobody has yet been able to articulate what's wrong with a CAZ it seems to me an excellent idea as does  charging per mile.

wheels

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2022, 09:52:55 PM »
Nobody has yet been able to articulate what's wrong with a CAZ it seems to me an excellent idea as does  charging per mile.

GM

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 06:25:24 PM »
They say the devil is in the details, however from experience the more ambiguous and airy the answer the less of a clue they actually have.

But rest assured they'll find a way to make you pay more, what was the 1950s phrase, nuclear energy too cheap to meter.

Dave

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 06:14:30 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Still a bit mystified, I headed for this website in search of enlightenment:  https://cleanairgm.com/

I'm still none the wiser, but I did find this brief paragraph about non-charging CAZs:
'Non-charging Clean Air Zones: Defined geographic areas used as a focus for action to improve air quality. This action can take a range of forms but does not include the use of charge-based access restrictions.'

'A range of forms'   ::)   .... or to put it another way 'we haven't got a clue'.   Apparently GM is supposed to be coming up with a revised scheme by 1 July.  I'll believe it when I see it........

GM

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 12:23:16 PM »
Then it's the sticky slope of charging per mile and other green agenda ideas forcing you to pay through the nose, before implementation of the you will own nothing and be happy.

jimblob

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2022, 12:18:06 PM »
Maybe I'm just being dim, but how would a 'non-charging' zone work?
it wouldn't!
despite Labour having opted for a charging zone in the first place and then back-tracking and blaming others, non-charging (for now at least whilst there's an election looming) is merely the thin end of the wedge. Once established as a "zone" with cameras and infrastructure, it's a giant cash machine that just needs the switch flicking to "charge-mode" that hits those who can least afford it. Labour will argue that to be able to provide all the Utopean ideals they promise you, the funding needs to come from somewhere........... YOU!

Dave

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2022, 12:03:00 PM »
We will.... push the Tories for a non-charging zone for all affected vehicles ...... The preferred option is for a non-charging zone, and that has to be presented to Government by July 1st. 

Maybe I'm just being dim, but how would a 'non-charging' zone work?  If there's no charge, then what is the incentive for drivers to switch to less polluting vehicles, which is presumably what the charge is intended to achieve.