A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Covid19 Information Updates  (Read 19815 times)

jimblob

Re: Covid19 Information Updates
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2021, 12:27:57 PM »
and that's precisely the issue - it is a plague and one that needs to be treated as such. It will remain a problem as long as we have people who refuse to treat it as such. if we ALL treated it properly we'd be over it so much more quickly but no, "individual freedoms" mean this thing will potentially drag on for years
Today programme on Radio 4 this morning had some very interesting info on "the plague" from an expert.
Cases might be on the increase again but are not now "plague-ing" us as much as we might think.  The majority of positive cases aren't making people ill and many of the
 positive cases in hospital are only being seen because they've gone into hospital with other illnesses but test positive. Covid isn't what's making them unwell but they become a covid statistic because of the testing and reporting regime. For those that are unwell because of covid, despite the majority of them having underlying conditions (as was and still often is the case) their recovery is inordinately quicker than say 12 months ago.

nbt

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2021, 10:17:36 AM »
and that's precisely the issue - it is a plague and one that needs to be treated as such. It will remain a problem as long as we have people who refuse to treat it as such. if we ALL treated it properly we'd be over it so much more quickly but no, "individual freedoms" mean this thing will potentially drag on for years
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

jimblob

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2021, 06:25:34 PM »
For the rest of the world we need to get back to living and stop discussing the infection rate like a plague.
couldn't agree more!

GM

« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2021, 06:21:16 PM »
How about living life, if you're vulnerable have as many jabs as you want.

For the rest of the world we need to get back to living and stop discussing the infection rate like a plague.

Quite simply treat it as any flu season and use what remains of common sense.

If you want to wear a mask and hide away fine, just don't expect me to join you.

wheels

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2021, 04:08:15 PM »
My God Amazon, you really do want to live in some dictatorial dystopian movie.

That's over 68 Million jabs every year!.

I've never been afraid of knowing our history, the victorians would not have worn masks. They would have dressed in red and gone on they're version of a gap year, a lads holiday so to speak.

Strange I thought most Victorians lived in squalor and died young from dreadful illnesses.

ROTHERS

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2021, 03:04:46 PM »

I've never been afraid of knowing our history, the victorians would not have worn masks. They would have dressed in red and gone on they're version of a gap year, a lads holiday so to speak.
What is your solution then GM ?

GM

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2021, 12:47:27 PM »

amazon

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2021, 11:38:55 AM »
So on the one hand you want to force everyone to wear a mask and then you  also want literally everyone to get another jab every single year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Your forbears would be face palming at your idea.

As all those horrible victorian and edwardian diseases never stopped the world from turning.
We have flue jab every year so why not covid booster jab if you dont agree opt out .

nbt

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2021, 08:10:03 AM »
As all those horrible victorian and edwardian diseases never stopped the world from turning.

did you skip history? People dies in their thousand from all those diseases until they were elminated by vaccines. Had the victorians had access to modern technology and science, they'd have worn masks

there's ane excellet Twitter thread here that delves into why wearing masks is not the only solution

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1449801652207239176

but be very aware, wearing masks is part of the solution, and NOT wearing masks helps identify you as someone to keep at a distance. If you cannot wear a mask for a genuine reason, me staying at a distance will help protect you. If you just can't be bothered any more then me staying at a distance helps protect me
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

GM

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2021, 08:13:54 PM »
So on the one hand you want to force everyone to wear a mask and then you  also want literally everyone to get another jab every single year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Your forbears would be face palming at your idea.

amazon

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2021, 11:56:44 AM »
He literally says people aren't trying anymore and that people are dying etc, very extinction rebellion rhetoric.

How is that not cowering in fear behind the sofa and then saying we should minimise it's effects.

Explain to me if practically the entire adult population is vaccinated what else can be done, as we are going to live with the virus forever!.

We cannot and should not live like masked idiots forever, which is what he advocates.
yes we are going to live with the virus forever yearly booster jabs like flue

amazon

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2021, 11:45:52 AM »
I find it rather depressingly innevtiable that the emphasis on mask wearing & hygine has all but fizzled out and yet, surprise surprise, the infection rates are rocketing. Its been absolutely ripping through the local schools over the past month - which is why they have now all had to resort to invoking the old 'bubble' and masks restrictions. Not before time, but not a mutter from central government who seem more interested in attacking GP's.

Current government guidance (or lack of) seems to be designed to make sure that all familes with school age kids will get infected no matter what precautions they try to take. That will no doubt ultimately knock on into other age groups. Happy Christmas Granny.
They should never of relaxed the wearing of Masks on public transport or in stores went to Maple cinema last week not many had masks on why do people think its not around anymore .

Dave

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2021, 10:51:59 AM »
Explain to me if practically the entire adult population is vaccinated what else can be done

This:
1.   Vaccinate teenagers (and possibly younger children too, in due course). The UK is being too slow (slower than other European countries) at getting teenagers vaccinated, and we are paying the price in the rate of infection.
2.   Require people to show vaccine certificates or proof of a negative test when going to events, pubs, restaurants etc.  Other countries are doing that and are reaping the benefits in lower infection rates.

The reason we are suffering such high infection rates is simply because our dear leader is being held hostage by his libertarian right wing, who are opposed in principle to sensible precautions. 

GM

« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2021, 10:00:09 PM »
He literally says people aren't trying anymore and that people are dying etc, very extinction rebellion rhetoric.

How is that not cowering in fear behind the sofa and then saying we should minimise it's effects.

Explain to me if practically the entire adult population is vaccinated what else can be done, as we are going to live with the virus forever!.

We cannot and should not live like masked idiots forever, which is what he advocates.

wheels

« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2021, 08:05:48 PM »
Reading you reply, its amounts to literally locking yourself away forever in fear!.

That isn't what Andrew said at all I think he was saying let's all display a degree of common sense and curtesy when we are out and about.

Some keyboard warriors real do try and distort what others have said. Some do it on every issue.