RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: What will happen to Labour and LibDems in 2016?  (Read 30787 times)

ringi

Re: What will happen to Labour and LibDems in 2016?
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 12:48:35 PM »
We now see how much the libdems improved the last government, there are getting punished for doing what was best for the country, rather then what was best for themselves!
The two times I have written to my new MP, he has not responded with anymore then a “I can’t be brother to think about what you said” letter.    That may have an effect on how I vote…

There is no risk of the SNP getting power in the local elections; therefore there is no need to avoid parities that may invite them into a government.

I don’t understand why local elections have people standing under national parties anyway and 90% of what is put out by the candidates are things they will have NO control over if they got in.   Therefore the candidate that “talks” most about what they WILL be able to do, may get my vote regardless of their party.

But, any party that gets there voters out on the day can win, given how low the turnout is.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:47:48 AM »
And of course in South, we've got the ex Labour Lord Mayor.

Do you have any links or details to who this candidate is please @Hoffnung?

By the way, I've taken the liberty of breaking this out to a new thread and moving it to the 2016 elections board.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Hoffnung

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »
I don't favour any particular political party, but of all the parties, the Libdems have treated their own electorate with disdain. They've betrayed them in an unprecedented way and their ex supporters have now spoken. The party has lost 90% of its MPs and as each local election passes, the party comes out of  it worse than when they went in. Between now and the next general election they face the prospect of gradual local council annihilation.

Where are the ordinary, hard working  libdem councillors? At home and out of office. Where are the architects of the ill fated coalition? LORD Andrew Stunell, SIR Vince Cable, SIR Danny Alexander, that's where. How long before Nick Clegg sails off into European Baronetcy?

Locally, in 2016, the libdems will lose more seats in Stockport, they will certainly lose both Marple Seats.

As we all know veteran Councillors; Alexander & Candler are standing down at the forthcoming election, if either/both of you are reading this, I would say that you will be a great loss. What is being offered in their place by the libdems.

At the hustings in November for South Marple, the libdems couldn't find a candidate that had any credibility. In the end they were left with two and some in the party didn't want either of them.

Candidate One, had no connection to Marple or even Stockport. He lived in Manchester and worked in Leeds and London. To undermine his credibility even further, he was standing in both Marple South AND Marple North !

Candidate Two, is an ex councillor, in fact he is an ex Lord Mayor. The only issue here is that it has all been for the (wait for it)  Labour Party! He has spent 20 plus years as a Labour councillor, now he's decided he is a Libdem.

The ex Labour Councillor won the nomination.

So who are our Marple libdem candidates in 2016?

Well, in Marple North, despite two experienced former councillors standing for the nomination the party voted for the unknown, Allen Malcolm, has anybody heard of him, does anybody know what he looks like. I've not met anybody yet that knows the answer to such questions.

And of course in South, we've got the ex Labour Lord Mayor.

You couldn't make it up.

The Libdems, as you say Duke, are going to 'bounce' but it won't be 'back.'           

Duke Fame

What will happen to Labour and LibDems in 2016?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 11:09:40 PM »
Not any time soon, certainly, but some of us are old enough to remember when the old Liberal Party was down to even fewer MPs back in the 1960s and early 70s.  Back then, none of us foresaw the Labour Party split that led to the rise of the SDP in the 1980s, and then the subsequent merger of the SDP and the Liberals to form the Lib Dems.   

It will probably take something similar to revive the Lib Dems from their present decimated state.  It could even happen within the present parliament, when the Tory Party breaks up following the EU referendum.   ;)

What of Labour, they are going to implode in 2016, Lib dems must be able to bounce back.