RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Statement from Lisa Smart - Liberal Democrat Candidate  (Read 24696 times)

Dave

Re: Statement from Lisa Smart - Liberal Democrat Candidate
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 03:47:36 PM »
I could be missing something here, but she doesn't appear to have attended any Marple Civic Society meetings in 2014.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5AE1C34D7E844FFF&id=5AE1C34D7E844FFF%21705

Ms Smart didn't claim to be a committee member, just a member. AFAIK anyone can just pay the subscription and join.

As for why anyone moving to Romiley would join Marple Civic Society - well I think we can all work that out!

wheels

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »
he lives on hibbert lane

No he doesn't he lives in Romiley he rented a house on Hibbert Lane when he was selected before that he lived in Chester

amazon

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
he lives on hibbert lane
. Are you sure about that thought he lived in Romiley

sgk

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »
@ringi Maybe she's a progressive voice in the Civic Society? You'll never know unless you read the minutes.

I could be missing something here, but she doesn't appear to have attended any Marple Civic Society meetings in 2014.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5AE1C34D7E844FFF&id=5AE1C34D7E844FFF%21705

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
Same here, Dave - Machester Uni from 77-80. Only difference was I went away, and then came back. Certainly, the centre of Manchester is very different than it was in the 1970s.

I'm another student stayer. I pitched up in the middle of Madchester which made Manchester quite appealing. Then the IRA carried out some radical urban planning and the city never looked back. I'm a committed Stopfordian these days though.

No problems with a non local candidate per-se. I don't see that being local is a pre-requisite for under standing issues. If the candidate is prepared to pitch in and do the work - Mr Stunnell being a good role model there, then I'm satisfied.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Howard

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 01:21:23 AM »
@ringi Maybe she's a progressive voice in the Civic Society? You'll never know unless you read the minutes.

ringi

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 08:16:17 PM »
How can being a member of Marple Civic Society be considered a positive point?   (Given that they just try to stop all progress and descant shops.)

red666bear

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
But Stunell was never local. He only moved into a rented property once selected and it dose not seem to have affected peoples perception as to how he did the job.
he lives on hibbert lane

Bowden Guy

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »
Same here, Dave - Machester Uni from 77-80. Only difference was I went away, and then came back. Certainly, the centre of Manchester is very different than it was in the 1970s.

Dave

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »
I entirely agree with Bowden Guy and others for whom being 'local' (whatever that means) doesn't count for anything. My vote will go to whoever reflects best my views as to what's best for the country and for this constituency.

That said, Sir Andrew is one of the many (I'm another, as it happens) who came from another part of the country to be a student in Manchester, and never left.  So for what it's worth (not much), that probably makes him more 'local' than Ms Smart.

Razzle24

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »
Andrew Stunell was local - as we lived on the same road as him and his family in Romiley for 5 years.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
I have just looked through Lisa's tweet history and, yes, she did in fact move to Romiley, and join the Credit Union, before she was selected so I was being rather unfair to her.

wheels

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »
But Stunell was never local. He only moved into a rented property once selected and it dose not seem to have affected peoples perception as to how he did the job.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 01:38:06 PM »
Perhaps Lisa would like to clear up any confusion as to when she relocated from London to Romiley?

simonesaffron

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 10:34:15 AM »
Like Dave, I haven't really made my mind up yet about the parliamentary seat.

However, I can't really see anything deceptive about Lisa's statement. I can't even see the bit where others claim that she claims that she is 'local.' Plus I don't care anyway about that, being local in my eyes counts for nothing on its own.To those who claim that they are born and bred in Maple or Hazel Grove, I SAY that maybe you should have travelled and lived about a bit and you might have a more rounded approach.  As long as you're not from Mars, what difference does it make ?

Obviously, Bowden's pronouncements about her are incorrect. I think that she was selected as the candidate at a hustings in Autumn this year and she seems to have been around a bit longer than that. So to say that she moved to Romiley 'after she was selected,' is quite simply false.

Anyway it is all very interesting.

There is one plus for her to already as far as I'm concerned. She's a lone female candidate in an otherwise male line up, but it's all early days yet.