All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Statement from Lisa Smart - Liberal Democrat Candidate  (Read 24598 times)

Condate

Re: Statement from Lisa Smart - Liberal Democrat Candidate
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »
The real clincher is of course different for each voter. That's what makes campaigning so difficult.

moorendman

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 12:15:23 PM »
No ,you are wrong. The clincher is a piece of new playground equipment in Bredbury or was it that pothole that got filled in on Ley Lane.

Henry_

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 11:18:39 AM »
On of the main reasons you should vote for Lisa Smart according to the Lib Dem leaflet - She has the endorsement of our outgoing MP Andrew Stunell. Surely this is the clincher!!??

wheels

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2015, 10:44:31 PM »
I agree Duke indeed many of us would like to see the whole process of getting one made much easier

Duke Fame

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 10:32:28 PM »
I don't see that that makes any sense at all, or is in fact a loss to her as you have already said you would never vote LD on the sole issue of abortion.

That seems a little strange as none of the parties are proposing a change in te abortion law (rightly IMHO)

wheels

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 09:07:33 PM »
Having heard her at the Marple hustings and read her literature, I'm almost tempted to vote for William Wragg just to keep her out. Probably won't (as the Conservatives under David Cameron are too left wing and liberal and Mr Wragg hasn't repudiated his policies), but any of the candidates would be better that Lisa Smart.

I don't see that that makes any sense at all, or is in fact a loss to her as you have already said you would never vote LD on the sole issue of abortion.

Condate

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 08:57:04 PM »
Having heard her at the Marple hustings and read her literature, I'm almost tempted to vote for William Wragg just to keep her out. Probably won't (as the Conservatives under David Cameron are too left wing and liberal and Mr Wragg hasn't repudiated his policies), but any of the candidates would be better that Lisa Smart.

amazon

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »
You won't be getting my vote Lisa Smart.
Lost count of how much paraphernalia your volunteers have put through my door.

Local champion? Utter tosh. You stood in 2012 in the Greater London assembly for the seat of Merton and Wandsworth and got 7.88 % of the turnout.

You and Sir(?) Andrew Stunnell insult the intelligence of the Hazel Grove constituency.
COME ON LISA NEARLY AT THE WINNING POST .     [ she also works for a recycling firm had tons from the cons as well ]

red666bear

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 06:58:33 PM »
You won't be getting my vote Lisa Smart.
Lost count of how much paraphernalia your volunteers have put through my door.

Local champion? Utter tosh. You stood in 2012 in the Greater London assembly for the seat of Merton and Wandsworth and got 7.88 % of the turnout.

You and Sir(?) Andrew Stunnell insult the intelligence of the Hazel Grove constituency.

Duke Fame

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 10:12:44 PM »
Lisa Smart was on the Politics show today, came over rather well but then again, she was up against the Labour MP for Bolton who was quite appalling

Bowden Guy

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 09:11:15 PM »
But, just remember, she's still a "local' candidate!

Disgusted of Marple

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 12:32:45 AM »
Anyone else received the ludicrous letter of support for Lisa Smart from the current incumbent? "Over the last few years I have seen the Conservatives coming forward with more and more extreme ideas...". Priceless. Should've gone to SpecSavers in 2010, Sir Andrew!

Russ

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
Give the lass a chance, she can't do any worse.

The Winstanley days are long gone but the voters remain stuck in a time warp.

Water Rat

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 10:33:14 PM »
... and for the conspiracy theorists - why is there no Romiley Civic society?

Duke Fame

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 07:19:52 PM »
Ms Smart didn't claim to be a committee member, just a member. AFAIK anyone can just pay the subscription and join.

As for why anyone moving to Romiley would join Marple Civic Society - well I think we can all work that out!

Big society?