Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Michael Taylor to fight Hazel Grove for Labour  (Read 47655 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Michael Taylor to fight Hazel Grove for Labour
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 08:46:05 AM »
Even though Wheels's delivery is a bit brutal, his comments are, as he says, honest.

As well as this a quick glance at 2010 election results supports his prediction of Labour's 2015 outcome.  He is probably right, they will do well to come in fourth. Their share of the vote in 2015 was a miserable 12%, that was actually down 3% on their previous electoral performance and that was long before the emergence of UKIP. They have got absolutely nothing going for them in Hazel Grove. It is therefore a reasonable assumption to make, that bar a few donkey voters, this time they will be erased.

If I vote LD they'll probably win, If I vote Con they might do and if I vote UKIP, well who knows? 

As I say, I am willing to be convinced, in fact I wish somebody could do it, but isn't voting Labour in Hazel Grove the best example of a pointless, wasted vote that anybody could wish to find across the length and breadth of the whole country ?     

wheels

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:45 PM »
Been working in the park all day today, so only just seen this post. Seems to me (knowing your affiliations) that this is a perfect example of a patronising LibDem comment and I think it is probably the biggest influence so far on who will get my vote this time.

You don't have a clue as to my affiliations as far as I know you have never even met me.  Although as a clue I am pleased to say I voted for Milly Minor in the Labout leadership election. 

I make the perfectly reasonable point that Labour will not win in HG and can you now tell me without checking who  the Labour candidate was in 2010 and this Labour candidate will equally be forgotten. If my honest comments influence how your thinking of voting that really does say a lot.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »
It's not worth replying to him Simone by the 8th May he will already be forgotten. a 4th place would be good for him.

Ignore irrelevant candidates

Been working in the park all day today, so only just seen this post. Seems to me (knowing your affiliations) that this is a perfect example of a patronising LibDem comment and I think it is probably the biggest influence so far on who will get my vote this time.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Duke Fame

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
It's not worth replying to him Simone by the 8th May he will already be forgotten. a 4th place would be good for him.

Blimey Wheels, I don't think Michael will be forgotten. He passed me in the car this morning and we gave each other a friendly wave which is good, it's not personal but I just can't risk the idea of a Labour government right now.

I suspect Michael will significantly close the gap but come in 3rd - whilst this could mean the political ether, I think in this case, the Labour machine will recognise the improvement in a difficult ward and we may just see Michael parachuting into some safe seat within a grim Labour stronghold.

wheels

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 10:46:25 AM »

simonesaffron

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 07:27:07 AM »
I'm not absolutely sure  of my facts here, if I'm posting any false assertions, apologies in advance, perhaps somebody can help me out, but wasn't Laura Booth (one of my previously mentioned resignations )  the PPC for Labour/Hazel Grove. Also haven't the Labour Party in Stockport just sacked their own Leader and Deputy and appointed new ones. As well as this wasn't the reason for two of those Councillors resignations the fact that they were de-selected by their own (Labour) party for the forthcoming elections? The word disarray comes to mind.

What was that about being 'loyal' and 'kind?'

Seems a fine way to run a local party let alone a country.

As I say, I'm willing to be corrected.   

marpleleaf

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 10:06:10 PM »
Thanks for your comments.
You're right, responding to comments on a message board isn't the best idea.
Happy to have a chat to you about how I'm not strange at all.
Cheers,
Michael

simonesaffron

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »
Unlike my local vote, I haven't made my mind up where my national vote is going. All I see at the moment is a lot of minuses for all parties but perhaps this will change as the election draws nearer.

The Labourv Party in Stockport though is a strange being and an even stranger one in Marple. In Stockport it seems to have party politicking on the narrowest of issues at its heart. It has lost four of its Councillors in the last four years. One to the Libdems. Three of them have resigned in the last few month, amidst accusations about the party, to the local press.  They haven't crossed the floor to join another party, they've just resigned from the Labour Party. 

And now we have you Michael and I have to say that you seem a strange fit for a Labour Candidate. Also, coming onto the Marple website calling the Libdems names. Maybe they deserve to be called them, I don't know, but I can't help thinking that they won't be doing the same about you..

Duke Fame

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 01:36:44 PM »
Cheers Marple Rambler. I live in Marple and feel very strongly about how this unique community is taken for granted. We're going to be campaigning hard here, it's important to me.

I heard today that the patronising LibDems have been saying to natural Labour supporters that we've given up on them in Woodley and Offerton. We absolutely have not. Neither have we in Marple. There has to be an outlet for progressive people to vote hopefully in this constituency.

We welcomed more supporters to our weekend campaigning team today. It was great. Good, honest, local people who feel just like you do.

Thanks again for your support.

Are you suggesting that anyone who doesn't vote Labour are not good or honest?

marpleleaf

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 10:41:06 PM »
Cheers Marple Rambler. I live in Marple and feel very strongly about how this unique community is taken for granted. We're going to be campaigning hard here, it's important to me.

I heard today that the patronising LibDems have been saying to natural Labour supporters that we've given up on them in Woodley and Offerton. We absolutely have not. Neither have we in Marple. There has to be an outlet for progressive people to vote hopefully in this constituency.

We welcomed more supporters to our weekend campaigning team today. It was great. Good, honest, local people who feel just like you do.

Thanks again for your support.

marplerambler

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 10:20:19 PM »
Michael Taylor - Your local Labour candidate.
Be honest, be loyal, be kind - the mantra of all politicians.

Andrew Stunnell. Day before the last election leaflet through the door. ' Labour cannot win here - Vote Lib Dem to keep out the Conservatives' so he got my vote. Day after the election guess who is championing a coalition which resulted in the LibDem MP I believe betraying a bunch of hard working, honest, loyal and kind Councillors to help form a ConDem coalition. We have had a few years of destruction of public services: such is the way of the Conservatives - the Conservative voter gets what he/she votes for. I shall never trust LibDem again, nor will a lot of other people.

Labour don't inspire me but you will get my vote this time. This is probably the only chance you will ever get for Labour to perform well in this constituency so pull your finger out and convince us that you are offering us something different to the other parties.

PS. Michael Taylor may well be fighting for Labour to win Hazel Grove. That is the easy bit. It is Marple you need to convince.

Duke Fame

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 06:51:18 PM »
Duke, Howard, I can assure you that I'm not joining this is a cynical career move, which you compare to joining Tesco or Asda. Thanks for the kind words though.

Much of the debate around Labour and business this week rather emphasises the point that a "One Nation" needs voices that speak up for everyone who contributes to making the country great, including businesses!

It  would make a change for Labour to be pro-business, they did their best to rape business in those 13 years and frankly, Ed (trust fund & deed of variation) Milliband contradicts much of Umunna's rhetoric.

Personally, I'm not a fan of one nation conservatism (and certainly not Labour's take on it), it still whips the ambition & entrepreneurship out of people. What everyone needs is opportunity not crumbs from the table in some pseudo religious gesture.

marpleleaf

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 06:29:28 PM »
Duke, Howard, I can assure you that I'm not joining this in a cynical career move, which you compare to joining Tesco or Asda. Thanks for the kind words though.

Much of the debate around Labour and business this week rather emphasises the point that a "One Nation" needs voices that speak up for everyone who contributes to making the country great, including businesses!

Duke Fame

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 07:24:21 PM »
As Bowden Guy gets the hump about Lisa Smart only living in Romiley for a few months, Michael's Christmas day tweet suggests that Lisa has lived in Romiley far longer than Michael has been a Labour man: "Santa brought me a couple of red ties and a wall planner via @MrsMarpleLeaf anyone would think there's a campaign next year"

wheels

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 08:27:43 PM »
Don't worry Duke they will get their usual less than modest vote. It matters not who the Labour candidate is in Hazel Grove she/he is irrelevant. As you suggest he looks more like someone looking to build an internal party profile.

Note: general political discussion after this post has been moved to a separate thread. Admin