Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Michael Taylor to fight Hazel Grove for Labour  (Read 47661 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Michael Taylor to fight Hazel Grove for Labour
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »
Maybe politics has become a profession where one can chose their employer just like any other job. Michael is not only one, we've had Blair and the better Miliband, David could easily be Conservative as well Chuka Umunna. So maybe a career in politics is the same as a Store Manager, you can just as easily work for Tescos as Asda so why not just choose the most convenient Political party to work for that offers the best career prospect? Hazel Grove is a handy constituency so let's decide which party? LDs have someone lined up but they are at risk so is it Labour or Tory? Tory maybe the obvious choice but they can;t really go Lib dem bashing so on the basis of a career choice, let's go for being the Labour PPC and a strategy to split the LD vote.

Does it matter that my politics fit in? Nah, it's just a job. 

Bowden Guy

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »
I look forward to receiving the usual leaflet from the Lib Dems with the dodgy bar chart and the strapline "Only the Liberal Democrats can stop the Tories here"

Dave

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:18:17 AM »
He's a good guy and I would like to wish him luck, except that the more votes he gets, the more likely he is to split the anti-Tory vote in what Duke rightly describes as
a slightly shaky lib-dem seat with a retiring MP .

....thereby handing the seat to Mr Wragg.   :(

Duke Fame

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »
Actually, I believe he's the kind of credible candidate that Labour need. Unlike you're bog-standard PPE professional politicians, he's who's seen real life, is pro-business but with a social conscience. However, with our First Past the Post system he's very unlikely to win in Hazel Grove. I'm sure Michael knows that , but if you've read his blog I'm sure you'll be aware of his quest for personal development.

Personally, I think he'd do a decent job of being an MP given his online statements but I can't see how it fits in with Labour. Given his background with the chamber etc, I just can't see where this bog-standard cliche ridden press release would fit in with his life experiences: "Better jobs are the key to a better future, in Michael’s view. “The coalition’s economic model doesn’t work. There are too many low-wage and zero-hour jobs and these are holding the economy back and failing to fulfil the dreams of our children."

“I will be a dynamic, energetic, committed Labour candidate. We desperately need an end to the Coalition’s ‘back to the thirties’ economics and the damage they are causing.”

I could vote Michael under another banner but I can't vote for him as a Labour candidate. I look forward to asking him more questions but those quote seems that instead of being a breath of fresh air, we could be in for the pre-rehearsed line that is a result of a plethera of focus group studies calculating the issues that most concern a slightly shaky lib-dem seat with a retiring MP .

Howard

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »
Actually, I believe he's the kind of credible candidate that Labour need. Unlike your bog-standard PPE professional politicians, he's who's seen real life, is pro-business but with a social conscience. However, with our First Past the Post system he's very unlikely to win in Hazel Grove. I'm sure Michael knows that , but if you've read his blog I'm sure you'll be aware of his quest for personal development.

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:00:42 PM »
Michael Taylor is a registered user of this forum and has provided a copy of his declaration for publication on here.

Other candidates are welcome to provide similar information and it will be treated in the same way. Of course in all cases candidates are welcome to register an account in your own name and post information yourselves, and interact with forum users if you wish.

Local Businessman & Community Activist To Fight Hazel Grove for Labour

10 DECEMBER 2014

Labour has selected Marple businessman, Michael Taylor, to fight the Hazel Grove parliamentary seat in the forthcoming general election.

Michael Taylor lives in Marple with his wife Rachel and their five sons. He is an active member of the local community and has campaigned passionately for the improvement of the local area through Marple in Action and the Labour Party. He is a governor of a local school, Harrytown Catholic High School, and a strong supporter of local youth sports through his work with Marple Athletic Junior Football Club. All his five sons attend state schools in the constituency.

As the chairman of Downtown Manchester in Business, and in his 12 years as the editor of a leading business magazine, Michael has campaigned for better local transport and is involved in the Friends of Rose Hill Station. “If our area is to thrive we need first class public transport. We talk a lot to local residents and one of their biggest complaints is the poor public transport links with poor, old-fashioned trains, poor weekend and evening services and unreliability.”

Better jobs are the key to a better future, in Michael’s view. “The coalition’s economic model doesn’t work. There are too many low-wage and zero-hour jobs and these are holding the economy back and failing to fulfil the dreams of our children.

“We need innovative thinking which is why I support the idea of a Greater Manchester Mayor to make better decisions on skills and infrastructure. And locally, we need ideas to create the seeds of success for local businesses, looking at cutting parking charges and reform of business rates to make our local centres thriving places, attracting customers and jobs.

“I will be a dynamic, energetic, committed Labour candidate. We desperately need an end to the Coalition’s ‘back to the thirties’ economics and the damage they are causing.”

Michael Taylor contact details:
M. 07973 890236
H. 0161 427 9161
E. Michael@wethinkmore.com
T. @MarpleLeaf

I like Michael but I really can't see the fit as a Labour candidate, a one nation Tory perhaps but cannot see a natural synergy with Labour and the ill-thought out promises of the past 4 years nor the shambolic management of the country in their previous sitting.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Michael Taylor to fight Hazel Grove for Labour
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »
Michael Taylor is a registered user of this forum and has provided a copy of his declaration for publication on here.

Other candidates are welcome to provide similar information and it will be treated in the same way. Of course in all cases candidates are welcome to register an account in your own name and post information yourselves, and interact with forum users if you wish.

Local Businessman & Community Activist To Fight Hazel Grove for Labour

10 DECEMBER 2014

Labour has selected Marple businessman, Michael Taylor, to fight the Hazel Grove parliamentary seat in the forthcoming general election.

Michael Taylor lives in Marple with his wife Rachel and their five sons. He is an active member of the local community and has campaigned passionately for the improvement of the local area through Marple in Action and the Labour Party. He is a governor of a local school, Harrytown Catholic High School, and a strong supporter of local youth sports through his work with Marple Athletic Junior Football Club. All his five sons attend state schools in the constituency.

As the chairman of Downtown Manchester in Business, and in his 12 years as the editor of a leading business magazine, Michael has campaigned for better local transport and is involved in the Friends of Rose Hill Station. “If our area is to thrive we need first class public transport. We talk a lot to local residents and one of their biggest complaints is the poor public transport links with poor, old-fashioned trains, poor weekend and evening services and unreliability.”

Better jobs are the key to a better future, in Michael’s view. “The coalition’s economic model doesn’t work. There are too many low-wage and zero-hour jobs and these are holding the economy back and failing to fulfil the dreams of our children.

“We need innovative thinking which is why I support the idea of a Greater Manchester Mayor to make better decisions on skills and infrastructure. And locally, we need ideas to create the seeds of success for local businesses, looking at cutting parking charges and reform of business rates to make our local centres thriving places, attracting customers and jobs.

Michael Taylor contact details:
M. 07973 890236
H. 0161 427 9161
E. Michael@wethinkmore.com
T. @MarpleLeaf

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website