Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Michael Taylor to fight Hazel Grove for Labour  (Read 47650 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Michael Taylor to fight Hazel Grove for Labour
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:11 PM »
The more the Labour vote increases the more people will not believe the 'Labour cannot win here' mantra which pushed many people (who would have considered Labour) in the past to vote other parties or not bother voting at all.

I suspect Labour's vote will fall next time, their only credible candidate has pulled out. We're looking at a 10 year stretch of Conservative dominance. Even as an anti-labour chap, I'm not saying that's a good thing.

JMC

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2015, 11:56:16 AM »
The more the Labour vote increases the more people will not believe the 'Labour cannot win here' mantra which pushed many people (who would have considered Labour) in the past to vote other parties or not bother voting at all.

Howard

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2015, 02:08:11 PM »
Given this and the 23% decrease in the Lib Dem vote perhaps  a 5% increase in Hazel Grove for Labour is not quite the  success that is being suggested .

@The Giffer I suspect you meant 50% rather than 5%?

The Giffer

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2015, 11:35:48 PM »
Well done MT for a great and positive campaign and an excellent increase in the Labour vote. Great to see more support/Labour signs etc too.

Perhaps we can add some factual balance to this thread .The Tories and UKIP increased their % vote in Hazel Grove by 7.8 and 7.1 respectively.
Before it is then suggested these higher increases  just reflect  the national  trend lets look at some neighbouring constituencies . In Stockport the sitting Labour MP increased their vote by  7% , Hyde & Stalybridge sitting Labour MP increased by  5.5% and Cheadle [ on the surface a very similar seat to Hazel Grove with recent strong Lib Dem success but traditional  Tory support ] Labour also came third but with a 7 % increase .
Given this and the 23% decrease in the Lib Dem vote perhaps  a 5% increase in Hazel Grove for Labour is not quite the  success that is being suggested .

JMC

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2015, 09:42:59 PM »
Well done to Michael Taylor for a very positive campaign and a significant increase in the Labour vote.

Michael has made a statement here:

https://hazelgrovelabourparty.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/statement-from-michael-taylor-labour-candidate-for-hazel-grove-2015/

Well done MT for a great and positive campaign and an excellent increase in the Labour vote. Great to see more support/Labour signs etc too.

Duke Fame

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2015, 09:56:17 AM »
Well done to Michael Taylor for a very positive campaign and a significant increase in the Labour vote.

https://hazelgrovelabourparty.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/statement-from-michael-taylor-labour-candidate-for-hazel-grove-2015/

It was a good campaign from Michael, i wonder what he would have done had he been in a ward that had a chance. Jack Straw's lad was parachuted into one of the Blackburn constituencies and promptly lost. Michael is a big Blackburn fan, i wonder if we'll see him pop up there.

Labour should learn from Michael. He engaged with people even if they didn't agree with him, on social media, Labour activists and PPC's were calling people tory scum if they questioned policy, we're not tory scum, we're the electorate and the quicker Labour realise this, the better chance they have.

Overall though, if you plan a campaign from the left offering crumbs from the table to the little people rather than hope and aspiration, you have no chance.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2015, 07:06:08 AM »

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

tigerman

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 01:32:24 PM »
OK Michael, Can you guarantee your govt will not increase National Insurance be that Employers' or Employees'?

If your govt renege will you resign or cross the floor as I can't believe you would personally support such a move.
Wow, your fairy Godmother is working overtime.

wheels

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »
OK Michael, Can you guarantee your govt will not increase National Insurance be that Employers' or Employees'?

If your govt renege will you resign or cross the floor as I can't believe you would personally support such a move.

Don't be silly Duke hes not going to be there he's going to be forgotten like every other Labour candidate in HG in a few weeks.

Duke Fame

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »

marpleleaf

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2015, 09:37:08 AM »
Thanks for the messages of support. There is a lot going on and we have a number of events and street activities planned. If you'd like to receive my weekly newsletter drop me and email to michael@wethinkmore.com
The hustings events so far have been great, really enjoyed them.
Cheers,
Michael

wheels

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2015, 01:23:38 PM »
Even more valuable perhaps GMCAs will keep 100% of ther future increase in business rate.

Duke Fame

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2015, 12:19:26 PM »
We've just got our business rates bills for the year ahead and a really nice surprise, the bills have been slashed to something affordable.

The result  of this is that we are going to employ someone this year. A note to all politicians, taxing business out of sight does not work, if we make a profit we can only invest it in product / innovation, employ more people or pay tax. It's therefore far better to not waste taxpayers' money and let them spend it accordingly.

Labour put business rates up 170% in their time in office as well as the 38% increase in employers NI (as tax on employing people from the party devoted to full employment!!!). I really don't want them near government for some time.

Duke Fame

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
Yes but many of them were from outside the HG constituency

Oh dear, activists? Political activists of all colours are rarely of sane mind

wheels

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2015, 11:04:57 AM »
For your information, Labour volunteers are leafletting Offerton and Woodley this weekend. Any offers of help to spread the word??

Yes but many of them were from outside the HG constituency