Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA  (Read 238482 times)

bluebelly

Re: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA
« Reply #599 on: May 01, 2015, 10:59:35 AM »
well said amazon

wheels

« Reply #598 on: May 01, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
I think MIA should be reformed then there's a good chance it might close .and be empty .or it could change to a Neto . When will people stop moaning .and trying to make Marple something it's not and never will be .

Good post Amazon

amazon

« Reply #597 on: May 01, 2015, 10:33:24 AM »
Regarding the signs ASDA have put up without planning permission, I have just received a letter from Stockport MBC saying that the planning request for the "Proposal: Installation of 10 Facia Signs and 48 other signs" has been withdrawn.  Does this mean that they will now have to remove every sign and start again and include the people of Marple in their decision?
I think MIA should be reformed then there's a good chance it might close .and be empty .or it could change to a Neto . When will people stop moaning .and trying to make Marple something it's not and never will be .

mikes

« Reply #596 on: May 01, 2015, 10:10:26 AM »
Regarding the signs ASDA have put up without planning permission, I have just received a letter from Stockport MBC saying that the planning request for the "Proposal: Installation of 10 Facia Signs and 48 other signs" has been withdrawn.  Does this mean that they will now have to remove every sign and start again and include the people of Marple in their decision?   

amazon

« Reply #595 on: April 21, 2015, 07:55:21 PM »
Amazing!

It's all amazing!
            ITS not its nozama /

simonesaffron

« Reply #594 on: April 21, 2015, 06:12:28 PM »
Amazing!

It's all amazing!

tigerman

« Reply #593 on: April 21, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »
I too was often disappointed with the co-op's lack of food range. The co-op ethos is commendable, but my experience is coloured by the time when I pointed out to an assistant stacking shelves that an item I had just put in my basket was past its sell by date, she thanked me then walked off and actually replaced said item back on the shelf!

amazon

« Reply #592 on: April 21, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »
I don't want to seem to be picking on the Co-op, but judging by the occasional visit to the Marple store over the last few years it beats me why anyone would travel out of Marple specifically to shop at another Co-op!
We whent to Marks Spencer's at Glossop and called in at the coop for a coffee .because the bus stop is
Outside the coop .

Condate

« Reply #591 on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »
I don't want to seem to be picking on the Co-op, but judging by the occasional visit to the Marple store over the last few years it beats me why anyone would travel out of Marple specifically to shop at another Co-op!

I suppose it's a matter of personal opinion, but I find the Co-op superior to the other supermarkets I've tried. I used to live in a town with a Tesco, Sainsbury's, Aldi, Lidl and Kwiksave and when I moved first to Compstall and now Marple, I was very surprised to discover the Co-op, as it was so much better than anything I'd known before, both in terms of the quality and range of the products. Obviously, not everyone agrees, but having discovered a supermarket which for me at least at the top of the league table, I'd find it hard to settle for anything less.

nipper14

« Reply #590 on: April 21, 2015, 12:19:04 PM »

marpleexile

« Reply #589 on: April 20, 2015, 09:00:25 PM »
the Co-op at the garage does not have the same range as the excellent Co-op we have lost.

Have we lost more than one Co-Op then? Where was the excellent one located?

Condate

« Reply #588 on: April 20, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »
If you are using the local "proper" shops in Marple ... why exactly do you need to go to New Mills?

Firstly, there are some things you can't easily buy in the local shops, so a supermarket does come in useful sometimes. Secondly, the local shops are not open when I leave for work and are closed when I come home. Sometimes, it is necessary to shop during the week, so I have to go somewhere and the Co-op at the garage does not have the same range as the excellent Co-op we have lost.

amazon

« Reply #587 on: April 20, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »
Me too. Independents in Marple are my first choice but I use the Co-op in Glossop when I need a supermarket - not quite as close as New Mills but I'm there every week.

Used the coop twice in Glossop while the change over was being done .it was no different that the Marple coop empty shelves staff not interested silly prices .that could be the next one for the chop .

nipper14

« Reply #586 on: April 20, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »
I personally like the new Asda - lots of choice at decent prices, unlike the Co-op where you were lucky if you found what you wanted. I do my main shop at Tesco, but also shop at all the other large supermarkets, and have no qualms about it. But it's all down to choice, and we are all free to make our own choices.

marpleexile

« Reply #585 on: April 20, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »
I AM capable of sorting the wheat from the chaff, Exile.

As am I. But I have to say, given that a sizeable number of the "crimes" listed are just nonsense, it does make me wonder how much validity there is to the more sensible sounding claims - boy cried wolf and all that.

Now, I'm under no illusions about the business practises of Asda/Walmart, or any other multinational global corporation for that matter, but sites like that do treat their readers like they are gullible idiots, and it doesn't do their position any favours in the long term as their detractors (ie Walmart) will gloss over the more accurate allegations and focus on ridiculing the nonsense ones.