Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA  (Read 238419 times)

Barbara

Re: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA
« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2014, 02:14:18 PM »
One of the staff told me the other day that they think it will be towards the end of September and the store may be closed for about a month.  It is only the bank that is finishing on the 9th.  Mind you, even the staff are not sure of the timing yet.

amazon

« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
Have heard that change-over is 9 September but only via word-of-mouth. No idea if there is a period of closure.
the bank is closing as well on the 9 September .

amazon

« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »
If you read the message Lily posted it's because she would like an Aldi. She's perfectly free to do so. If you don't want one then don't participate.
Thank you for your kind words .Howard .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2014, 10:26:17 AM »
Does anyone know what the changeover timetable is for the Marple Coop? Presumably it will be closing for a short period?

Have heard that change-over is 9 September but only via word-of-mouth. No idea if there is a period of closure.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

corium

« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2014, 09:43:02 AM »
Does anyone know what the changeover timetable is for the Marple Coop? Presumably it will be closing for a short period?

Howard

« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2014, 09:10:34 AM »
Why ...

If you read the message Lily posted it's because she would like an Aldi. She's perfectly free to do so. If you don't want one then don't participate.

amazon

« Reply #263 on: August 31, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »
Why don't all of us who would like an Aldi email them, via the contacts address on their website, and ask for an Aldi in Marple (giving your reasons why).
That way, they could gauge the level of interest and maybe look a 'little more actively'.
I'd certainly welcome one.
Aldi have just been granted permission to build one in Chapel-en-le-Frith. Let's try and beat New Mills and Whaley Bridge before they try getting one.

Why ...

Duke Fame

« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »
If you look on the Aldi site they are  actively looking for a site in Marple. Let's hope they find one.

The site has mentioned Marple for a good few years. I just think it will be a little dearer for them to build in the obvious plots available.

Lily

« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2014, 09:24:39 AM »
Why don't all of us who would like an Aldi email them, via the contacts address on their website, and ask for an Aldi in Marple (giving your reasons why).
That way, they could gauge the level of interest and maybe look a 'little more actively'.
I'd certainly welcome one.
Aldi have just been granted permission to build one in Chapel-en-le-Frith. Let's try and beat New Mills and Whaley Bridge before they try getting one.

Victor M

« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2014, 08:26:41 AM »
There is an Aldi in Romily and Offerton, I doubt Marple will need another.

If you look on the Aldi site they are  actively looking for a site in Marple. Let's hope they find one.

Duke Fame

« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2014, 07:35:56 PM »
I really wish Marple could acquire an Aldi. Excellent quality food at a price that is substantially less than Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons et al. Since joining the "Aldi revolution" we are saving an absolute fortune.

There is an Aldi in Romily and Offerton, I doubt Marple will need another. Morrisons remains the best of the supermarkets IMHO, Lidl is good. Worst are Co-op, Tesco & Waitrose

Duke Fame

« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2014, 07:33:22 PM »
The Stockport Asda will presumably be on a more valuable site, as it's in the town centre, so maybe they are selling up and moving to a cheaper site to release some capital?

I doubt it Dave.

Dave

« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »
The Stockport Asda will presumably be on a more valuable site, as it's in the town centre, so maybe they are selling up and moving to a cheaper site to release some capital?

marpleexile

« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2014, 12:31:29 PM »
I believe the new store that Amazon is referring to is the one being built where MFI used to be near Wickes and Halfords at the top of Lancashire Hill.

http://storelocator.asda.com/store/reddish

I've been told that this will replace the existing Stockport store but not certain of that.

Unless the existing Stockport store isn't doing particularly well, it's not much of a replacement. The car park is very handy for town centre shopping, and I would have thought that they would get a decent amount of business off the back of that alone.

Although I would guess that the Portwood Tesco has probably reduced custom from people who were only food shopping as it is (slightly) more conveniently located if you're not going else where as well, and has an easier parking layout.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
I believe the new store that Amazon is referring to is the one being built where MFI used to be near Wickes and Halfords at the top of Lancashire Hill.

http://storelocator.asda.com/store/reddish

I've been told that this will replace the existing Stockport store but not certain of that.

http://storelocator.asda.com/store/stockport-belmont
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website