Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Costa Coffee comes to Marple  (Read 60457 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Costa Coffee comes to Marple
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »

Costa was absolutely packed today mostly with students.  It's really great that our YPs  have somewhere to meet up   Well done to the person who got the franchise but just a small request if you are reading this  can you stay open later please ?

Miss Marple

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »
The former Hanbury's building seems to be divided into two now - Costa Coffee being in one half.  What is the other part being fitted out for??
A travellers' wedding emporium

MIA Head office ?

Henry_

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 10:20:11 PM »
The former Hanbury's building seems to be divided into two now - Costa Coffee being in one half.  What is the other part being fitted out for??
A travellers' wedding emporium

amazon

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »

Starbucks . ;)

Barbara

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2011, 02:21:36 PM »

bat man

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 01:08:43 PM »
I much prefer my own coffee it is brewed exactly how I like it and does not cost the earth :P

josetork

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2011, 09:02:57 PM »
I, for one, am extremely happy about Costa coming to Marple, I love the Coffee and the decor and ambiance of the coffee shops themselves.

I personally think that it is a great move for Marple and will improve the appeal of the town giving it a more cosmopolitan edge. I also strongly belief it will encourage more high quality chains and possibly bars and restuarants.

Sad as it may sound, Iliterally can't wait for Costa to open!

Dave

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 04:05:49 PM »
As many as six?

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »
There's an idea called six degrees of separation, I'm sure you've heard of it, where you are supposedly only six 'friends of a friend' away from any other person on the planet.  Duke Fame has his own version, he's only ever six posts away from a Thatcherite rant.  ;D

spencer

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2011, 09:48:04 AM »
well it could be good for some but a shame for the other cafes that are already probably struggling

Dave

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »
I guess one person's 'meddling in affairs of retailers' is another person's saving lives by preventing shops from blocking pavements so that people (especially the elderly, and disabled people, and parents with young children) have to walk in the road.

Duke Fame

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »
Makes perfect sense, Duke, as long as you're prepared to educate your own kids, mend holes in the road, and run up a ladder to rescue yourself when your house catches fire ;-)

There is a fine line as to where market failure kicks in where the state needs to provide services. That line is somewhere close to education, law enforcement & fire services. It's a long way from meddling in affairs of retailers.

Dave

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »
Makes perfect sense, Duke, as long as you're prepared to educate your own kids, mend holes in the road, and run up a ladder to rescue yourself when your house catches fire ;-)

Duke Fame

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »
OK Duke, so you'd rather the council spent our money on buying up a derelict building (i.e. Hanbury's as was) than on making sure roads and pavements aren't (used by the hard hit retailers who are trying to promote their business) blocked by skips?   ::)

I'd rather they taxed us less and let individuals decide how they spend their earnings.

Dave

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2011, 09:28:47 AM »
OK Duke, so you'd rather the council spent our money on buying up a derelict building (i.e. Hanbury's as was) than on making sure roads and pavements aren't blocked by skips?   ::)