Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Portas  (Read 2408 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Portas
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287322/Mary-Queen-Flops-Retail-gurus-flagship-regeneration-scheme-Margate-branded-hopeless-gimmick-seaside-traders.html

Looks like its not just the stockport campaigners not getting what they thought or wanted from Mary/

Doing a little research (most certainly beyond the Daily Mail) suggests there's more to the Margate situation than that article suggests. However, more importantly (and by the way this is not an endorsement of her in any way, shape or form - I don't know enough about her other than to say) she is trying to do something positive about the decline in our High Streets nationally. Whether she succeeds or not, time will tell but it's got to be a better option than sticking ones head in the proverbial. Fair play to her; and her long term ambitions.

Remember, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

RH.

I agree RH, as i said, the positives in Stcokport seems to be a change in attitude rather than the amound of cash released. There apears to be a change at Stockport from "those are the rules, you can't" to "yet's see how this can work" - the beauty is, this doesn't cost a penny. There are calls from a particular angry young man for money to be spent but it's a reletively small amount and the change of attitude will achieve far more.

the shame is that it really didn't need the town to die at all, it jst needed the local council to open their eyes and have a can-do attitude. If Portas can instill anything, it is a can-do attitude.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287322/Mary-Queen-Flops-Retail-gurus-flagship-regeneration-scheme-Margate-branded-hopeless-gimmick-seaside-traders.html

Looks like its not just the stockport campaigners not getting what they thought or wanted from Mary/

Doing a little research (most certainly beyond the Daily Mail) suggests there's more to the Margate situation than that article suggests. However, more importantly (and by the way this is not an endorsement of her in any way, shape or form - I don't know enough about her other than to say) she is trying to do something positive about the decline in our High Streets nationally. Whether she succeeds or not, time will tell but it's got to be a better option than sticking ones head in the proverbial. Fair play to her; and her long term ambitions.

Remember, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

RH.

wheels

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
I agree Duke there are some loud voices critising Stockport MBC who are extremly ill informed or are pursuing a self interested agenda.

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »

To be honest, the Portas thing is about changing attitudes. The loud voices in Stockport are not very well informed.

Bluezorro

Portas
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »