Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Say 'No' Awareness Signs  (Read 35439 times)

Osdog

Re: Say 'No' Awareness Signs
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 08:43:29 AM »
Still not very many though........ maybe more will join in.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »
Had a walk round the centre today during my visit to the dentist.... how come I only saw one shop (Crafty Ladies) actually displaying the 'No Supermarket' poster....

I would have thought all the traders would have been displaying them... clearly, on windows, on view to the outside world..... (just asking ??)

I saw more than that last time I looked - definitely in Paul Howard, Alan the Paint, Kay Dee, Inkbox and Helen Wintersons too.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Osdog

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »
Had a walk round the centre today during my visit to the dentist.... how come I only saw one shop (Crafty Ladies) actually displaying the 'No Supermarket' poster....

I would have thought all the traders would have been displaying them... clearly, on windows, on view to the outside world..... (just asking ??)

Smithy166

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »
I'm not trying to stir things, mearly stating that I read someone saying something about the burning signs.
If however, my post offended you in any way I must apologise, It was not ment to in any way shape or form :)

Back to topic :
Is it possible for MIA to arrange the replacement of some signs with more perminant fixtures? the current ones look a little bit worn down,

tina

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »
few mnore nicked and moved on Hibbert Lane last night , heard kids about 2:00 this morning , one hitting one of the signs he had uprooted on the gate of the college , another that was on the tree at the top of buxton lane has been set on fire  >:(

Thats interesting, I seem to recall someone on the "yes to tesco" facebook page mentioning setting a sign on fire.
But i'm not sure who it was,

I think Daniel you might be referring to a post I made on there about half an hour ago asking for calm and for no insults or threats to be made on the page. I aslo made a plee that after reading Martyns post on here about the posters being set on fire that we do not want people on the yes side to be involved in that behaviour. To my knowledge no one has said they have set fire to one.
Stop trying to stir things up. why have you clicked 'like' on the page if you are a 'no'?

Sareena

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »
I am admin and I have not seen any posts like this, I have removed other commens and pictures posted that are classed as offensive. I can assure you that the admins of this group are not interested in taking signs down and defacing peoples properties. There's good and bad in every group of people.

Smithy166

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »
few mnore nicked and moved on Hibbert Lane last night , heard kids about 2:00 this morning , one hitting one of the signs he had uprooted on the gate of the college , another that was on the tree at the top of buxton lane has been set on fire  >:(
Thats interseting, I seem to recall someone on the "yes to tesco" facebook page mentioning setting a sign on fire.
But i'm not sure who it was,

Bulky

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:35:26 AM »

sooty2

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:39:49 PM »
can i suggest sticking them down on something more solid.. pieces of wood etc then nailing them somewhere.. that way idiots will take a while to get them off and you will hear them and you can do something about it whether take pics of them and the car or stop them... might even put them off if it doesnt come off on first try.
Thanks for that Lisa,They were just a quick fix to get the word out.More, hopefully permanent ones were aqquired last week and are being prepared as we speak. ;)

moonforest

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »
Most of the posters I've seen are in people's windows, they should be safe and seen from there!

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »
can i suggest sticking them down on something more solid.. pieces of wood etc then nailing them somewhere.. that way idiots will take a while to get them off and you will hear them and you can do something about it whether take pics of them and the car or stop them... might even put them off if it doesnt come off on first try.

kitty

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »
My mum and dads neighbour had his ripped off his gate over the weekend, and somebody saw a red car pull up and a young male got out , saw him rip it off! then sped off.  Today they had there own sign ripped away too!!! a few people have said they have seen the same red car,   doing it!,

Duke Fame

Say 'No' Awareness Signs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »
It appears a few 'Say NO' signs were nabbed last night.

I'm sure it will just be high jinx from teenagers but it makes it more fun to get signs out again and raise awareness. If they get nicked again, it may be a light hearted news spot on local telly / local papers.