All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Governors of Marple / Ridge College  (Read 3963 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: Governors of Marple / Ridge College
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
I think in future there will probably always be someone in Marple on or trying to get on the board of governors.  Its not that people didnt care, just didnt realise!

Osdog

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »
Read all the way through - thank you.  :)

Howard

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:56:24 AM »
There was actually a thread that dealt with this a few weeks ago with a typically thorough and knowledgeable reply from Dave. It's here: http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=3719.msg17180#msg17180. it's worth reading the posts before Dave's that led up to his reply.

Osdog

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
Oh..... maybe he should have stayed.....  it's really sad but I suppose it's a principle thing....

It's just that lots of folks seem to be saying that the governors don't care as they don't live in Marple - I wonder - did anyone care where they lived before the supermarket was mooted ?

I'm not trying to cause an argument, I'm just curious and still trying to get my head around everything.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:56:16 AM »
So that answers my question, and begs another....

Why is there not someone from Marple represented on this body ?  Maybe some of the more vociferous members on here should apply....

Well there was one from Marple Bridge but he resigned in protest at the college's plans to sell to a supermarket.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Osdog

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »
So that answers my question, and begs another....

Why is there not someone from Marple represented on this body ?  Maybe some of the more vociferous members on here should apply....

Howard

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:29:14 AM »
Here's the link on the college website "Becoming a Governor"

Osdog

Governors of Marple / Ridge College
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:54:46 AM »
A question.......... - how do people get to be governors of the Ridge College.  Are not vacancies advertised locally?

If they are, how come no-one from Marple is there...

I have no idea, so this is a genuine enquiry.  Only there have been so many comments about them not living in the Marple area.

I just thought that if it was something that was advertised locally, and no-one applied, that would explain why they all lived somewhere else.