All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701840 times)

Maria

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #818 on: August 30, 2011, 12:19:44 AM »
Hi another area has been suggested and mooted by the council-cannot remember the name as it is late and my brain is fried but it is at the back of the town near the post office-rumour is it is going and site will become available.  Much more suitable in my opinion-but I accept maybe not in yours.  Also the Co-op have agreed in principle to release part of the Hanburys site to a competitor-I am not convinced it would work though and feel the post office area with its car park etc would be better. 

The college via informants does however have in mind the option of selling both its Marple sites and relocating elsewhere so we could end up with 2 huge stores to choose from. 

mum_of_2

« Reply #817 on: August 30, 2011, 12:14:59 AM »
Hello mum of 2-I am asking genuine questions and Sareena does not have to answer.  Why you feel compelled to is beyond me-I am not struggling to accept her view just trying to understand it and there is a difference.

I live on Hibbert lane and walk to the local shops when I need milk.  I do not use large superstores unless absolutely necessary but that is my choice. 

I want another supermarket in Marple but not in the middle of a housing estate-my quetion re children related to that re safety with increased traffic etc.  My question was not directed to you and like I have said Sareena does not have to answer-just simple fact finding on my part.
the reason i commented is due to the fact me and sareena are very close, we both have no transport to drive to a supermarket of our choice so we have to get what we need from marple....im not saying all shops in marple are going to be losing our custom as we will continue to shop at a good amount of the shops we already do....but we would like to have a choice to shop at another suprmarket other than the over priced co-op.
As for child safety our children(who are very young) know not to cross the road without n adult, and i have said in a previous post (maybe on another thread) that there is a  of lights opposite the collage hich shou be used for their purpose. I believe it is a parents responsibility to teatheir children how cross safely.

Could you suggest another are land where supermarket couild a decent sized supermarket? (Obviously not a superstore as we all know that is going to be ridiculously too big for marple)

Maria

« Reply #816 on: August 30, 2011, 12:11:41 AM »
Thanks Sareena, I do drive and agree traffic is a problem in most areas-just think it will only get worse with a supermarket facing us!  Also worried about the 'creep' factor over time-the car park and grassy area on the right for now must remain as open space but in time I think it will be used to extend the store etc and opening times, noise pollution, light pollution and deliveries amongst other things all concern me. 

Sareena

« Reply #815 on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:30 AM »
Lower Hibbert Lane near the phonebox. I dont particularly like the look of a supermarket but I guess I just don't mind as much. And about the traffic, it's bad everywhere, it makes no difference to me. I think that people who drive themselves can't complain about traffic... (not an attack at you, i have no idea if you drive or not)
The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

Maria

« Reply #814 on: August 30, 2011, 12:01:20 AM »
Hello mum of 2-I am asking genuine questions and Sareena does not have to answer.  Why you feel compelled to is beyond me-I am not struggling to accept her view just trying to understand it and there is a difference.

I live on Hibbert lane and walk to the local shops when I need milk.  I do not use large superstores unless absolutely necessary but that is my choice. 

I want another supermarket in Marple but not in the middle of a housing estate-my quetion re children related to that re safety with increased traffic etc.  My question was not directed to you and like I have said Sareena does not have to answer-just simple fact finding on my part.

mum_of_2

« Reply #813 on: August 29, 2011, 11:57:40 PM »
Upper or lower Hibbert lane?  Also do you have children?

Sorry for all the questions but genuinley struggling to believe anyone would want to live facing something like a Tesco extra or Asda. 
how far is your nearest shop to YOUR house maria? How many times over the yeaes have you thought 'i need milk but the shop is quite a distance to walk'. It shouldnt matter whether sareena lives at the top bottom or even accross the road, it doesnt matter if she has no children or even 8, the fact is she wants it....thats her opinion...we struggle to understand why people cannot just accept our views

Smithy166

« Reply #812 on: August 29, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
"come hell and high water" What in the world are you going on about. Yes ofcourse we all want a supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site but our views are bound to differ regarding size, and what type of store. I still don't understand what you aare getting at to be honest.
"come hell or high water" is an expression, it means that you will stop at nothing to ensure that you get what you want. For example, some people in the MIA ranks will make sure that the supermarket is not built, come hell or high water!

But why would you get that impression from a small facbook group?

And yes I do live on Hibbert Lane Maria
Considering peoples reaction to the posts on your wall You do seem to be determind, infact, one user wrote " and youve nothing to worry about but i will guarentee now that im going to do everything i can to beat the snobs in this town and get that thing built! Real talk!" that sure seems like there going to make it happen, come hell or high water!

Maria

« Reply #811 on: August 29, 2011, 11:48:08 PM »
Upper or lower Hibbert lane?  Also do you have children?

Sorry for all the questions but genuinley struggling to believe anyone would want to live facing something like a Tesco extra or Asda. 

Sareena

« Reply #810 on: August 29, 2011, 11:42:55 PM »
"come hell and high water" What in the world are you going on about. Yes ofcourse we all want a supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site but our views are bound to differ regarding size, and what type of store. I still don't understand what you aare getting at to be honest.
"come hell or high water" is an expression, it means that you will stop at nothing to ensure that you get what you want. For example, some people in the MIA ranks will make sure that the supermarket is not built, come hell or high water!

But why would you get that impression from a small facbook group?

And yes I do live on Hibbert Lane Maria

Miss Marple

« Reply #809 on: August 29, 2011, 11:39:03 PM »
I have read on the latest facts ( Work starts on Buxton Lane )that residents have reported that surveyors are at work.Does anybody  know if anyone asked what they were doing?I would! They could be surveying how many houses they can build on there.Lets face  it £12 million wont pay for a whole new college extention.But £12 million from the Hibbert Lane site plus a sizeable amount from the sale of Buxton Lane site could pay for a large extention to an existing out of area college.Just a thought,things don't add up or do they?
I was thinking that, it would have been a good idea to have asked what they were measuring up for, because it still seems strange that the work on the Peacefield site stopped.  Its looking more and more like the college is going to take our money and the continuation of our  children's future education in our village / town  and run   Now that would be a double whammy and one that we didn't see coming due to concentrating on the Hibbert Lane site and taking our eyes of the Buxton Lane campus    I am sure selling gifted land is illegal and if it's not then it flipping well should be. 

Smithy166

« Reply #808 on: August 29, 2011, 11:37:04 PM »

Duke Fame

« Reply #807 on: August 29, 2011, 11:33:53 PM »
But how is speculating about how our group has formed and what we are about. How does that help?

Can I ask, what the aim of your group is? You must support one supermarket over another. Those who don't like the Co-op's prices are not going to like Tesco's are they?

Why 'must' we support one supermarket over another?? We all have our preferences. We are not all one person with one view.

So your gripe with the Co-op / local traders is not just their prices?

Can I ask what else is involved

Maria

« Reply #806 on: August 29, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »
Sareena do you live on Hibbert lane?

Sareena

« Reply #805 on: August 29, 2011, 11:28:25 PM »

Smithy166

« Reply #804 on: August 29, 2011, 11:25:21 PM »
But how is speculating about how our group has formed and what we are about. How does that help?

Can I ask, what the aim of your group is? You must support one supermarket over another. Those who don't like the Co-op's prices are not going to like Tesco's are they?

Why 'must' we support one supermarket over another?? We all have our preferences. We are not all one person with one view.
You got yourself in a bit of a twist there.
You are (all the YES campaigners) Fighting one view, and thats seeing that the supermarket is built, come hell or high water!