Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701830 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #623 on: August 19, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »
Alot of pre planning meetings there!! Even I'm shocked! How can all those meetings be justified?  Clearly the councillors did know about it.. BUT its got to have gone quite far and to be maybe on the lines of being agreed to get councillors involved?  Pre planning meetings are just that.. nothing to do with councillors surely.. especially if they are to be on the eventual planning committee that decides if it has the go ahead?  Wonder when the decision to send it to the main planning committee was made?.. maybe the fact they realised this info would come out was the deciding factor!!

Its frightening how many people from the council have been involved too.. clearly big discussions going on about roads etc... this is not Pre planning... this is making sure what ever they come up with is acceptable to planning department and any other department that the development effects prior to any planning decision.. making it difficult for the council to 1 say no.. and 2 if they do these meetings will be dragged up in any planning inquiry!!

Victor M

« Reply #622 on: August 19, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
From my recollection of what was said, Paul Lawrence stated that there had been no formal planning meetings between the Council & the College. It was not until David Hoyle got on the stand that they admitted that they had pre-planning meetings with the college (pre planning meetings are usually deemed to be in confidence) so Paul Lawrence acted quite correctly in not mentioning them at the meeting until after the college released the information.

What is not acceptable is that if any of the 4 COUNCILLORS (our elected representatives) who attended the meeting on 27th June then entered correspondence with local people stating that they had no knowledge of any plans for a Supermarket.

IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN THEY SHOULD RESIGN

Has anyone any proof?

moorendman

« Reply #621 on: August 19, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »
Finally

Ian Harrison

Ian Harrison. Regeneration Manager at Stockport Council

moorendman

« Reply #620 on: August 19, 2011, 08:31:13 AM »
Researching the people with question marks on the FOI post

Ian Keyte - google gives the following:

http://www.nps.co.uk/whatwedo/25/compulsorypurchase/

That seems to fit the bill

Emma Curle - Stockport MBC Planning:

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/environment/planningbuildingplanningpolicy/developmentmanagement/planningprocesses/contactus

There is a Nick Whelan who is involved with the Transport department ( Highways? ) at Stockport MBC

sgk

« Reply #619 on: August 19, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »
To be honest here, I can't see any disparity between the meetings listed and what we were told at the meeting in the park.

Paul Lawrence of the council's planning department made it clear that there had been meetings with the college, and that he'd made it perfectly clear to the college that a supermarket at the site was not in their core strategy and therefore council would not approve such a development.  That said, many people I've spoken to seem to suspect the council could get overruled or be steam-rollered by the supermarket's extensive legal/planning teams.

Maybe my memory is going a bit, so if I've mis-remembered please do point out.  Perhaps someone could post the offending sentences spoken at that park meeting, in that case, alongside the meeting dates etc?

Smithy166

« Reply #618 on: August 19, 2011, 12:46:26 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa, Lets slow to half ahead for a second here.
From what the concil said at the last park meeting they have had "no meetings with the college". So, if you've not had any meetings with the college, was ian just there for the free tea and biscuits on the 6th? Somehow i doubt it.
I also understand that we need to nitpick, but remember not to get carried away and slam into top speed, as that's going to end up in disaster, approach it slow and steady.

Miss Marple

« Reply #617 on: August 18, 2011, 11:43:45 PM »
Can someone who is very very clever put the link to the area committee meeting under the list of meetings held at CAMSFC with the planners councillors and Paul Lawrence  and let's see who can spot those all important untruths.

Miss Marple

« Reply #616 on: August 18, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »
OH MY GOD ! 

Thanks for doing the research SGK  it's worse than I imagined . 

So  Paul Lawrence  HAD been in talks with supermarket planners a month before he addressed the 350 MARPLE residents in the Park when he said that he can assure us that no talks had taken place with supermarket planners.   SO WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH IN ALL THIS ?  If anyone every doubted what MARPLE IN ACTION has been informing you about don't as it would appear that the very people we pay to speak on our behalf are doing completely the opposite. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #615 on: August 18, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »
OH MY GOD ! 

Thanks for doing the research SGK  it's worse than I imagined . 

sgk

« Reply #614 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:59 PM »
OH DEAR !!  This makes interesting reading
[snip]

The list of meetings and attendees is on the FOI site here.

Here's the meeting list from there, but in chronological order and with organisations/job titles added.

18th Jan @ 11.00           
Paul Lawrence Stockport Council Service Director for Regeneration
Christina Cassidy Cheadle+Marple Sixth Form College Principal
A Hubert Cheadle+MarpleSixth Form College Director of Finance & Resources

14th March @ 12.00
Eamonn Boylan Stockport Council Chief Executive

6th May @ 11.00           
Emma Curle Stockport Council Development Team Leader
Ian Harrison Stockport Council Regeneration Manager
Nick Whelan Stockport Council Highways Planning
Ian Keyte Stockport Council Planning Officer
Turner & Townsend Retail planning consultancy company

22nd June at 9.00           

27th June @ 10.45           
C Cassidy Cheadle+Marple Sixth Form College Principal
Cllrs Candler, Alexander, Bispham and Dowling

Miss Marple

« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2011, 10:08:09 PM »
OH SILLY ME !

The question I asked which provided all these dates was

I am requesting to know the dates of meetings held with CAMSFC and SMBC with regard to the proposed selling of the land on HIBBERT Lane and the names of anyone from SMBC and names of elected members who attended the meetings

WELL WELL WELL THIS TANGLED WEB IS GETTING MORE TANGLED AND TAINTED BY THE DAY ! 

Miss Marple

« Reply #612 on: August 18, 2011, 09:48:43 PM »
OH DEAR !!  This makes interesting reading

MEETINGS FROM FOI

MEETING HELD ON

18th Jan   PRESENT PAUL LAWRENCE , CHRISTINA CASSIDY, ANDREW HUBERT

14th MARCH   PRESENT EAMON BOYLAN (STOCKPORT MBC CHIEF EXECUTIVE ) PAUL LAWRANCE, CHRISTINA CASSIDY, ANDREW HUBERT

6th MAY    PRESENT    PAUL LAWRENCE , EMMA CURLE ? IAN HARRISON ? NICK WHELAN ? IAN KEYTE ? ANDREW HUBERT  AND  TURNER  ( could this be a planner from Turner Townsend Walsinghan Planning )

22nd JUNE  CHRISTINA CASSIDY, ANDREW HUBERT AND PAUL LAWRENCE

27th JUNE   CHRISTINA CASSIDY, ANDREW HUBERT, COUNCILLOR CHANDLER , COUNCILLOR BISPHAM, COUNCILLOR ALEXANDER AND COUNCILLOR DOWLING

WATCH THE LINK AGAIN OF THE AREA COMMITTEE MEETING ON 27th JULY WHEN ALL OUR COUNCILLORS STOOD ON THERE LOOKING LIKE BUTTER WOUDN'T MELT AND REMEMBER PAUL LAWRENCE SAYING THEY HAD NOT BEEN IN TALKS WITH ANY SUPERMARKET PLANNERS, WELL IF I FIND OUT THAT TURNER WAS FROM THE SUPERMARKET PLANNERS ME LAWRENCE WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO THE 350 PEOPLE HE SPOKE TO THAT NIGHT IN THE
PARK.
WELL I KNOW WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW AND THAT WILL BE CONTACTING OR ELECTED MEMBERS TO ASK WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WITH MS CASSIDY ON 27th JUNE 
THERE IS ANOTHER AREA COMMITTEE MEETING SOON SO IF WE HAVE NOT GOT THE ANSWERS BY THEN I SUGGEST OUR ELACTED MEMBERS HAD BETTER BOOK A LARGER PARK !!!!

amazon

« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2011, 02:24:31 PM »
          Interesting article in the mail today...[snip]

Here's a link to said article, CITY FOCUS: Supermarket giant Asda downsizes onto the High Street

First time I've seen a story in the Daily Fail that doesn't feature a newly identified cancer risk, a threat to house prices, Princess Di, or immigration paranoia.  Good spot.

Thanks for posting tried to scan them copy paste . couldnt do 

Miss Marple

« Reply #610 on: August 18, 2011, 08:54:50 AM »
What's been a real eye opener when doing the Sat stall in the precinct is the amount of shoppers who have travelled from Hyde, Ashton, Stalybridge and other areas where the big four have moved in.   What they are saying is that they now no longer have the choice to go to their local butcher,baker newsagent or veg shop, they have all gone and that they now have to travel to enjoy the shopping experience that they once had on their doorstep    I suspect that we have been very spoilt having lots of small local traders in Marple and its that famous saying that "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE GOT TILL ITS GONE " that must be paramount in our minds in our  battle against these supermarket giants.    
ROLL ON SATURDAY !!!!!

NeilCorrie

« Reply #609 on: August 17, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
          Interesting article in the mail today...[snip]

Here's a link to said article, CITY FOCUS: Supermarket giant Asda downsizes onto the High Street

First time I've seen a story in the Daily Fail that doesn't feature a newly identified cancer risk, a threat to house prices, Princess Di, or immigration paranoia.  Good spot.