Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 702033 times)

amazon

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #608 on: August 17, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »
There is rather a lot blacked out on this letter so a new FOI has been requested as only the supermarkets names should be blacked out (commercial sensitivity) and not what the main aim of the meeting was about.
          Interesting article in the mail today re asda supermarkets page 58 .will quote some .smaller formats as become the new battle ground for britains big four the rush to downsize has been promted by britains arcate planning laws as firms strugle to get planning permision to build large stores .asda is playing catch up along with
rival morisons which last month unveiled its first m convenience store in ikley west yorkshire .. this is just part of the article in the mail .
                               so if who ever if .gets permission it may not be massive . 

Miss Marple

« Reply #607 on: August 17, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
There is rather a lot blacked out on this letter so a new FOI has been requested as only the supermarkets names should be blacked out (commercial sensitivity) and not what the main aim of the meeting was about.

NeilCorrie

« Reply #606 on: August 16, 2011, 10:09:10 PM »
Latest FOI Response:
Link http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/80241/response/202061/attach/3/S45C%20211081518130.pdf

Email from Paul Lawrence of SMBC to Christina (presumably Christina Cassidy, Principal of CAMSFC).

Here's a pic of the letter, for anyone without a PDF viewer.  Click on it for a larger view.

Miss Marple

« Reply #605 on: August 16, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »
I have just watched the Area Committee Meeting on the 27th July on the link on the web.  Makes very interesting watching if you then read the FOI which I have just put on .  Oh what a tangled web we weave  :o

Miss Marple

« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »
Oh no !  I see this very differently if we look at the sequence of dates

8th July letter FOI  talks with planners lots blacked out
12 July Stephen Downs attends a governors meeting and resigns because the Principleship and the Governors are still determined to pursue selling the land to a major supermarket chain ? Even after the talks with planning, but there again we can not really see what's been said on the FOI letter
27th July Area committee meeting Stephen Lawrence and Councillors present and say that they know nothing ? And that the rumours about a supermarket is speculation ?
29th July is mentioned in the FOI letter where Lawrence says he might struggle to attend that meeting?  So what is that all important meeting that they are all having on the 29th ?
And finally what does the FOI letter mean that discussions regarding the Localism Bill may prove difficult to manage   DIFFICULT FOR WHO ?
and last but not least  Building a Tesco or ASDA somewhere Else would not fund the college plans because we must remember that there are two supermarkets fighting for the land TESCO AND ASDA
Call me suspicious I THINK WE ALL NEED TO BE ?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #603 on: August 16, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »
Miss Marple you've learned to cut and paste  ;D

Shame about the censorship (perhaps Neil can ask for a review of his FOI) but there is an interesting reference to Chadwick Street - presumably as a viable alternative supermarket site? I'm only guessing but the council seem to be saying that would be more "deliverable" than one on the Hibbert Lane site?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #602 on: August 16, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »
Latest FOI Response:

Link http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/80241/response/202061/attach/3/S45C%20211081518130.pdf

Email from Paul Lawrence of SMBC to Christina (presumably Christina Cassidy, Principal of CAMSFC).

Miss Marple

« Reply #601 on: August 15, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »
MARPLE in Action is not affiliated to any political party   MIA was formed as a voice for our community  Whilst I am pleased that our elected members have decided to back the campaign to  get the college to re think    MIA Remains independent and will continue in the attempt to stop this ridiculus proposal by the college

Miss Marple

« Reply #600 on: August 15, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »
Thats just from one organised group !

alstan

« Reply #599 on: August 15, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
I would be amazed if there are only 300. Where are the other 23,000?

equinox

« Reply #598 on: August 15, 2011, 10:11:28 AM »
Duplicate post overwritten. Please post messages only once. Admin.

Miss Marple

« Reply #597 on: August 14, 2011, 04:26:21 PM »
Smithy you are doing a really good job and your ideas are of course looked at.  I have always maintained that MIA is not about a small group of people its about everyone.  You will see as this campaign develops that more and more people will be asked to participate, which I hope you will agree to be one of them.  It is such early days and we know that this is just the start.  It's fantastic that you are inviting people to the March thank you !

Smithy166

« Reply #596 on: August 14, 2011, 03:34:56 PM »
I really do not get your posts Smithy 166.MIA is running like a well oiled machine.All the teams know what they are doing.We don't need credit for suggestions.We are getting on with the job in hand.Why would we want to change the t'shirt logos?we are not making any fashion statements!They are already printed.We are not staff as such, we are volunteers with no pecking order.We are not in it for the glory.We have one aim.To save our local business,To prevent any more traffic congestion,The devaluation of property values, the disruption to the supermarkets neighbours and the preservation of our town centre.!!
Its a suggestion! Its there to be thought about, and considered by MIA, not thrown in the bin!!
Please, I understand that the people in MIA are volunteers, but you do have a pecking order (team members, team leaders).
The reason why i suggested that people be given credit for there ideas is that it would show the community that MIA are listening to there ideas, not simply taking them for there own.

I ask that you do not to mock me, or make fun of my suggestions, as that A. gets nowere B. results in the battle being lost and C. is damn well out of order. D. If you act like this for every idea thats suggested sooner or later people are going to stop suggesting them, and as I'm quite sure that you are aware, A campagin with ideas is like a boat out of water, it just doesn't work.

To clarify for you Smithy, the group were already pursuing the suggestions that you made (t-shirts aside) some time ago before you made them. Perhaps it would have been more polite to say thanks, but we've already thought of that. However, nobody did, me included, so please accept my apologies for that.
Thankyou for that admin, I must apologise for my "grumpyness" aswell.
Now that thats out of the way, We have a total of 32  RSVP'd to attend the march event on facebook, and a further 18 as maybes. There are also 222 people awaiting a reply. not sure if those numbers are any use to anyone, but they do show that this march could potentually have more than 300 people participating, which, as i'm sure you will all aggree, is a huge number!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #595 on: August 14, 2011, 03:28:29 PM »
I really do not get your posts Smithy 166.MIA is running like a well oiled machine.All the teams know what they are doing.We don't need credit for suggestions.We are getting on with the job in hand.Why would we want to change the t'shirt logos?we are not making any fashion statements!They are already printed.We are not staff as such, we are volunteers with no pecking order.We are not in it for the glory.We have one aim.To save our local business,To prevent any more traffic congestion,The devaluation of property values, the disruption to the supermarkets neighbours and the preservation of our town centre.!!
Its a suggestion! Its there to be thought about, and considered by MIA, not thrown in the bin!!
Please, I understand that the people in MIA are volunteers, but you do have a pecking order (team members, team leaders).
The reason why i suggested that people be given credit for there ideas is that it would show the community that MIA are listening to there ideas, not simply taking them for there own.

I ask that you do not to mock me, or make fun of my suggestions, as that A. gets nowere B. results in the battle being lost and C. is damn well out of order. D. If you act like this for every idea thats suggested sooner or later people are going to stop suggesting them, and as I'm quite sure that you are aware, A campagin with ideas is like a boat out of water, it just doesn't work.

To clarify for you Smithy, the group were already pursuing the suggestions that you made (t-shirts aside) some time ago before you made them. Perhaps it would have been more polite to say thanks, but we've already thought of that. However, nobody did, me included, so please accept my apologies for that.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Smithy166

« Reply #594 on: August 14, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »

I ask that you do not to mock me, or make fun of my suggestions, as that A. gets nowere B. results in the battle being lost and C. is damn well out of order. D. If you act like this for every idea thats suggested sooner or later people are going to stop suggesting them, and as i'm quite sure that you are aware, A campagin without ideas is like a boat out of water, it just doesn't work.