Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: How are we all finding the new bin service .  (Read 24635 times)

moonforest

Re: How are we all finding the new bin service .
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2011, 09:40:56 PM »
Someone has found their solution to the problem of excess waste and dumped it on the land behind their house that backs on to the canal.....out of sight, out of mind.

Duke Fame

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
I cleared the rubbish from our front hedge last weekend (not our rubbish but a good citizan thing to do) it filled 2 bin bags and therefore rendered my black bin allocation full for the next month. I'll not do it again.

Also, I got a note threatening a fine for putting my bin out too early. I was to be away for 5 days yet we're paying a stupid council busy-body to threaten fines. Stupid IMHO these cuts cannot come quickly enough.

Duke Fame

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2011, 12:46:13 AM »
I have to go to the tip every week but I've cancelled our 2 businesses' Sksolutions contracts now and just dump everything in one go. We have a bonfire quite often too.

Taurus

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2011, 08:24:46 AM »
I forgot to put our black bin out 2 weeks ago but amazingly 2 weeks later it had 4 weeks worth of rubbish in and I could close the lid so I reckon we are recycling correctly. The brown bin is absolutely jam packed at the end of a month and most weeks only one food bag is used.

belleesummerbee

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2011, 05:47:30 PM »
It seems that the four bins we have is at the lower end of the recycling scale with some Local Authorities expecting residents to sort their rubbish into NINE. Where would we put them all, the streets would be awash with bins?

myloweb

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »
SOLUTION !!!

If we all eat out, we would have no food waste.
If we visit people out of the area more frequently, we would have little black bin waste, If we just drank tap water there would be no plastic bottle waste.
If we burnt our paper and cardboard, there would be no paper waste.
We would therefore not need a waste coordinator.

amazon

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2011, 02:12:02 PM »
if your using the proper caddy the bigger one it locks so it wont be opened by wildlife .

sooty2

« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »
Just a suggestion,Instead of putting a small amount of food waste in the big green bin, why not double bag the waste,then just put the caddy out?I do, and so far it has not been touched  by the wildlife.

Dave

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2011, 05:43:09 PM »
Perhaps this could be a good solution for some people who are struggling with the size of the bins? Find a teetotal neighbour who doesn't get through so many bottles!

Not much space left in our brown bin, I'm afraid.   :-[  But we're starting to develop a wonderfully sticky and aromatic morass in the bottom of ours, as the accumulated dregs of weeks of wine bottles and beer cans combine with the remaining malt from empty cans of home-brew!    I'm planning to add some yeast and sugar, and plenty of water, and park the brown bin next to the central heating boiler for a week.  I'll let you know if the resultant hooch is worth drinking (don't breathe a word to Customs and Excise, will you)    :P

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »
The green bins are not big enough for us most of the year - we have two and regularly fill up our neighbours too! This is because my wife is a keen gardener. Fortunately we have plenty of room for the bins on our drive. Sometimes we have had problems with cardboard too (I'm a hoarder of cardboard boxes and we cleared out the loft recently) but again, we have spoken to a neighbour and filled up theirs as well. Perhaps this could be a good solution for some people who are struggling with the size of the bins? Find a teetotal neighbour who doesn't get through so many bottles!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
my black bin really on seems to be filled with non recylable food cartons, plastic bags which I do try to remember to use less and take bags to the shop ( the carrying sort, not the people kind of bags  :P  ) but  I often forget :(  and its still pretty full  ... my husband was telling me in Italy, plastic bags are now banned .

I think the green bin is too big in the winter, but in the summer when the lawn needs cutting often etc, ours  is often full on collection day .

Talking about recycling plastic bags again, It annoys me in Marks and Spencer that they charge you for carry bags  ..BUT then inform me that the food which has not sold when  the sell by date  is about to expire  doesnt go to charity , it gets thrown, either burned or into landfill ( accoding to a staff member at the Hazel Grove store ) ... but thats another story all together :(

amazon

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2011, 02:18:19 PM »
look what i started when i asked how do you find the new bin service .my opinions Green bin the caddy if you have one        for outside OK fortwo people .garden bin to big . apart from that not bad now sorting its self out .

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:34 AM »
Lets get back on topic!!!
how do i find the new bin service?  Well my recycling bins are continually full..as is my black bin!! Maybe I m not recycling correctly?  Could do with a recycling officer/coordinator to come make sure I'm doing it right :D

Looking forward to seeing the new candidate in the local council elections ;)

Seriously though... the bins are too small..and the green bin is too big and they don't collect the black one enough ( though it only needs to be a bit bigger for me to be able to cope with the current schedule).
and its a daft rule that they refuse to collect if they are overflowing!
Apart from that step in right direction and still early days....

Dave

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2011, 09:31:57 AM »
I've got it! Public sector jobs (e.g. Recycling officer) are 'non-jobs'. But private sector jobs (e.g. Macdonalds burger-flipper) are 'productive'. Well thanks for that, Duke! Oh, and thanks for explaining what 'condescending' means - I'll try to remember ;-)

Rachael

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2011, 08:03:24 AM »
I think some  people need to lighten up a bit , there is a danger of turning every subject into some sort of  goverment spending, local council spending, political debate at this rate  and people will just switch off :(

Just an opinion "like"