Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Marple area chippies  (Read 31822 times)

thebigshed

Re: Marple area chippies
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 07:28:52 PM »
We were planning a big fish & chip supper last Saturday so I called in at lunchtime to see if I could order by phone and the staff were extremely helpful.  In the end one of our party called in to buy them without pre ordering and I must say they were delicious.

Rachael

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
I love fish and chips,  and that is my problem,

I darent go to the new chippy, in case I really like it , I have no will power  ... so what I have never tried, I can never miss !

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:06:12 AM »
Latest Report.

Visited Wednesday teatime.

Waited a short time-to allow fish to be freshly cooked
Staff: Friendly and courteous
Premises: Sparkling!
Food: Excellent!

Calories--I dare not say

But really yummie!

Duke Fame

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »
I got battered!

1972 are on the phone, they wanttheir joke back

alan@marple

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »
I got battered!

Duke Fame

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »

Well Minx, I am very sorry to read of the incident at the Chip Shop.

I naturally assume that your daughter and her Friends were well behaved and so I think it was crass of the owner or representative to act in that way towards children.

Obviously there was no thought of cementing goodwill with prospective future customers.

I shall make a point of doing a mystery shop there and let the Fish Fryers Federation have a report of my visit
What were the results?

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 08:51:34 PM »

Well Minx, I am very sorry to read of the incident at the Chip Shop.

I naturally assume that your daughter and her Friends were well behaved and so I think it was crass of the owner or representative to act in that way towards children.

Obviously there was no thought of cementing goodwill with prospective future customers.

I shall make a point of doing a mystery shop there and let the Fish Fryers Federation have a report of my visit

minx

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
On Thursday my daughter visited the New Chippy in Marple Bridge with 3 of her friends ( all aged 12 yearsand good quiet girls).

They had had a heavy sledging session in the park for 4 hrs when they decided to visit the Chippy.  Unfortunately my daughter in her haste to get out in the snow had not taken any money but 2 of her friends had when they decided to share 2 lots of chips and a bit of a warm in the chippy atmosphere before returning home.

The Chippy staff asked the girls who had not brought chips to leave despite the Chippy being empty.

My daughter was very upset. 

Is this good practice for a new Chippy. On an extremely cold day there was no warmth of spirit in this new establishment?

amazon

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
exellent very busy price ok to .

nbt

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:09:33 PM »
It opened today, we found out as we decided on the drive home to try a chippy tea rather than going to the shop to buy something we'd then have to cook.

Sadly, so did loads of other people and the chippy was rather overwhelmed! When I arrived the chips looked well-cooked - firm, golden, delicious. However, the queue was so big that as each batch of chips came out of the fryer they were immediately served and the we'd to wait for the next batch. By the time I was served *an hour* later, I was starving, and the chips weren't as nice, but I needed to eat. I'd already had that horrible moment of realising just how long I'd already spent waiting and realising that even if I left to grava a pizza it would take just as long, so I had no other option. When we got home we were sadly disappointed.

I don't think they were in any way expecting the amount of people who turned up - they'd run out of haddock by 6pm and weren't doing scallops as they'd chipped all the potatoes! I just hope they managed to serve all the people who were waiting when I left, at that point the queue was half as big again as when I joined it so I reckon they'd have been queueing for going on 90 minutes!

In all fairness, it's opening day and as I indicated above, numbers were high. I think we might give them tile to settle in before we give them another go, like I said the chips did look good when they had the time to fry them properly. Hope it goes well for them in the next few weeks
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Dave

Marple area chippies
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 02:07:32 PM »
Passing through Marple Bridge today, I noticed that the Chinese takeaway opposite the Royal Scot has closed, and will be replaced by a fish and chip shop (not a Chinese one).  Let's hope it's a good one  :P