Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Recycling Dustbins  (Read 13094 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Recycling Dustbins
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »
The bins are a nonsense costing around £80.00 each,which means I have the equivalent of £400.00 pounds worth of plastic in my garden alone x the country is one hell of a lot of money  The amount of non environmentally friendly toxins which have been released into the atmosphere to produce millions of these man made bins, coupled with the additional bin collection days undertaken in diesel polluting dustbin lorries must defeat the point  :-\ or am I missing the point or am I a realist in not believing the hype?

Neil Smith

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 03:25:05 PM »
it is just a cost cutting exercise by the government

What's wrong with that?   Government money is our money - if they are trying to spend less of it we should be grateful!   ;D

Big thumbs up Dave.

Dave

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »
it is just a cost cutting exercise by the government

What's wrong with that?   Government money is our money - if they are trying to spend less of it we should be grateful!   ;D

Neil Smith

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »
I think we should ask for a reduction in our community charge for separating and sorting the recycling stuff out into these bins.  All our inconvenience of having five bins is a nonsense it is just a cost cutting exercise by the government under the guise of saving the planet to save them the expense of sending it in bulk to a recycling sorting centre.   :o

I do not see how it will save the government any money as if they did it your way your council tax would just go up or a few hospitals would close etc.

I don't see what the trouble is with these bins, (yes ok if you live in a terrace and have no where to store them) but come on people I find it EASIER to do than the bin bags.

Miss Marple

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 11:41:08 PM »
I think we should ask for a reduction in our community charge for separating and sorting the recycling stuff out into these bins.  All our inconvenience of having five bins is a nonsense it is just a cost cutting exercise by the government under the guise of saving the planet to save them the expense of sending it in bulk to a recycling sorting centre.   :o

Jay

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »
Not sure how this one will work, currently on a Monday there are 4 to 5 blue or brown bins out beside my house from myself and neighbours, now according to the recycling calender there will be 12 to 15 blue, brown and black bins out on some Mondays. I'd like to see the people collecting these bins to see them having to move and jiggle them round to get to the ones they want to empty. Or will they just leave them behind because there not accessable?

sgk

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 08:32:18 PM »
It's front page news in today's Stockport Express.   How sad is that!  ::)

Top story on their website too :
http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/s/1333143_new_bins_in_stockport_will_be_collected_fortnightly

Dave

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
It's front page news in today's Stockport Express.   How sad is that!  ::)

amazon

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 02:25:07 PM »
Article on the Manchester evening news website about the new collection of bins in stockport .should be fun .

Deniseam

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 07:44:26 PM »
Good opportunity to start up a business making wheelie bin sheds or selling those delightful leafy covers!

sooty2

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 11:02:56 AM »
Plus the "Maggot Farm" for food waste!

alison

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
oh I'm really looking forward to having four dobbing great wheelies bins on the driveway of my small terraced house which has been 'deemed suitable' for wheelie bins by the good people of Stckport council. And having my property blocked by even more wheelies than normal once the collectors have randomly dumped bins in the street, usually right across the end of my drive, after emptying, rather than putting them back where they found them. Its so nice that the council have taken the differing needs of residents into account when introducing this new measure.

Still, I guess I could charge the neighbours a nominal fee for using the spare space in my ridiculously overlarge brown and green bins, the only one that ever gets anywhere near full is the blue one, and only then when I forget to wheel it out on collection day

::)

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
Suggest you and the kids jump up and down a bit harder on the tins and plastics to flatten them!!  Cheers, Lisa -
Barbara   ;D

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
oh.. Havent had any info through door yet but checked website and they are changing frequency of collections for bottles/tins/plastics to once every 4 weeks! With 6 and often 7 people in my house 2 home based businessses 2 cats and a dog ( and 300 stick insects :D ) I often fill both my recycling bins within 2 weeks so not sure how I will manage! Hope they dont change the paper one as well!

Neil Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »
On The Stockpot mbc website their is a video ex planning how to use the new food waste disposable bin

I trialed these a while ago and in my opinion they are a waste of money, you take your none recyclables (bones cooked and uncooked food) and but them in this "caddy" then into your normal bin :o

I eat my words, I have just found the info on the new caddy http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/environment/rubbishwasterecycling/recyclingcollection/changescollections?view=Standard  and you put the bag in the green bin unlike the trial, so yes it could be a good idea.

I have also found the size of the new black bin will be 140L (the blue and brown bins are 180L) hopefully it will be big enough. I do a lot of recycling but also have a baby that goes through nappies like nobodies business ::)