A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207008 times)

jimblob

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #451 on: October 19, 2010, 03:28:41 PM »
Hi, I currently have a complaint with Stockport MBC about seventeen windows and it is being investigated by a senior complaints office Anwar Majothi. I have asked him specifically to investigate: -
•   the scale of the work was unnecessary, benefited the developer, was against public opinion and was at a considerable expense to the tax payer
•   an acceptable degree of safety work could have been achieved at a more cost effective price had the application for relocation of the property’s vehicular access not been a part of the works
•   What alternatives were considered when the decision was taken, and assuming that alternatives were considered, on what basis and justification was this option chosen?
•   Who decided that the taxpayer should fund the building of the wall, the planting of laurels and  the use of gabions rather than the property owner and how was this decision justified?
the investigation should take around 4 weeks and I'll keep you posted as to the findings. If anyone has more information for him or further questions then he can be contacted on anwar.majothi@stockport.gov.uk

Miss Marple

« Reply #450 on: October 08, 2010, 08:35:54 PM »
I have written again to Andrew Stunell for an update around two months ago and I am still awaiting a reply.  I will email again this evening to find out what is happening.  I do although know that it is being investigated due to Andrew Stunell informing me of that in a previous letter in which he also stated that the councillors involved were also to be questioned.  I will keep you informed of Andrew Stunells reply  ::)

Dave

« Reply #449 on: October 08, 2010, 10:21:03 AM »
Sooty, I've had another look at post 394, but it doesn't answer my question.  Miss M wrote 'Its a Little bit more than wasting tax payers monies that's being investigated', and I asked what the 'little bit more' was. 

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #448 on: October 08, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
There seem to me to be two main issues to this topic (cutting through all the banter and exchanges of insults). One is the appearance of the property before and after. Some think it's an improvement and others think it's a disaster but these are just opinions and people will always differ on that. Personally I think it looks better now than it did before they started work but we can debate that forever (and probably will).

But the other issue is that there may have been some kind of financial wrongdoing. Miss Marple has written to Andrew Stunnell and he replied that the case may be referred to the Ombudsman - not because of Miss Marple's complaint but because of one by "another constituent". See reply 321. We do not know the nature of this other complaint.

When Miss Marple made a formal complaint to the council herself she received a reply that confirmed that "The Local Government Ombudsman is still investigating this complaint", which I posted for her on the forum.  Reply 394. I don't believe this reply suggests that the LGO is investigating as a result of Miss Marple's complaint but that there is already an ongoing investigation on the subject of 17 Windows. We can only speculate what this is about (and probably will) but according to Ms C Heywood, Information Business Manager, (Directorate Complaints Officer), Improvement Management Services, Stockport Council, the LGO IS investigating something.

Miss Marple - how long is it since your last reply from Andrew Stunnell? Perhaps it is time for you to write again and ask for an update. Ask him to confirm that an investigation is underway and to provide you with any details that he can, as he promised in his earlier letter to you.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sooty2

« Reply #447 on: October 08, 2010, 01:00:50 AM »
Dave, please read post 394 regarding the Ombudsmen. It clearly states there is an investigation.

Dave

« Reply #446 on: October 07, 2010, 11:23:29 PM »
Its a Little bit more than wasting tax payers monies that's being investigated!
OK Miss M, then tell us what else you complained about. 

sgk

« Reply #445 on: October 07, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
I'm a bit confused.  Looking at the 2 pictures I can't see where the pavement has been widened; it looks the same on both pictures.

YES !  YES !  He's got it !   Has anyone else  ???   Dodgy dealings or what !!! :-\

Looking at those pictures you won't see any difference.. a silly post considering the comment was about the pavement widening and the pavement isn't actually in the pictures.

Here is a link to the actual plan of work (from Nov '08).. you can clearly see the line of the previous wall, the width of the previous pavement AND the line of the new wall and width of the pavement area.

Interestingly, you can also see the new sight lines for drivers, which makes the whole junction safer - not only for pedestrians but for drivers too.

http://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/edrms/onlinemvm/getimage.asp?DocumentNumber=147478

Well Tricky, I AM sorry if you thought that was a silly post; I can clearly see a pavement in both pictures.

Miss Marple

« Reply #444 on: October 07, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
I remain mystified as to how the LGO can possibly be considering a complaint, submitted by Andrew Stunell on your behalf, Miss M, about...
... the amount of tax payers monies spent on Seventeen Windows.
....when the LGO's own website says quite clearly that they cannot investigate 'something affecting all or most of the people living in a council’s area, such as a complaint that the council has wasted public money'.
Its a Little bit more than wasting tax payers monies that's being investigated! You would probably have look back through all the posts regarding Seventeen Windows, as it sometimes appears to me that people have been selective when reading the posts  and go on the defence just for the hell of it >:(

Jay

« Reply #443 on: October 07, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »
Do you recon they bought them the porsche that's on the drawing as well!  ;D

Tricky

« Reply #442 on: October 07, 2010, 11:25:57 AM »
I'm a bit confused.  Looking at the 2 pictures I can't see where the pavement has been widened; it looks the same on both pictures.

YES !  YES !  He's got it !   Has anyone else  ???   Dodgy dealings or what !!! :-\

Looking at those pictures you won't see any difference.. a silly post considering the comment was about the pavement widening and the pavement isn't actually in the pictures.

Here is a link to the actual plan of work (from Nov '08).. you can clearly see the line of the previous wall, the width of the previous pavement AND the line of the new wall and width of the pavement area.

Interestingly, you can also see the new sight lines for drivers, which makes the whole junction safer - not only for pedestrians but for drivers too.

http://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/edrms/onlinemvm/getimage.asp?DocumentNumber=147478

meh

Dave

« Reply #441 on: October 07, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »
I remain mystified as to how the LGO can possibly be considering a complaint, submitted by Andrew Stunell on your behalf, Miss M, about...
... the amount of tax payers monies spent on Seventeen Windows.
....when the LGO's own website says quite clearly that they cannot investigate 'something affecting all or most of the people living in a council’s area, such as a complaint that the council has wasted public money'.

Miss Marple

« Reply #440 on: October 06, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »
It was Andrew Stunnel who informed us all about the case being investigated months ago, He said he was dealing with another constituents complaint,but we don't know the nature of the complaint or who it was from.
In that case we probably won't hear any more about it.  When someone submits a complaint to the LGO, normally it's only them, and maybe their advisers (e.g. MP, or Citizen's Advice Bureau) who are notified of the outcome. 
I will post the reply when I receive the outcome of the  inquiry from Andrew Stunnel  I am one of the constituents who raised my concerns directly with Andrew Stunnel about the amount of tax payers monies spent on Seventeen Windows.  The matter is currently being investigated by the Ombudsman and no update will be given I have been informed until the inquiry is over.  I think that the very fact that this matter is being investigated by the ombudsman gives some idea of how seriously the matter of Seventeen Windows is being taken due to the financial implications

Dave

« Reply #439 on: October 06, 2010, 09:44:24 AM »
It was Andrew Stunnel who informed us all about the case being investigated months ago, He said he was dealing with another constituents complaint,but we don't know the nature of the complaint or who it was from.
In that case we probably won't hear any more about it.  When someone submits a complaint to the LGO, normally it's only them, and maybe their advisers (e.g. MP, or Citizen's Advice Bureau) who are notified of the outcome. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #438 on: October 05, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »
All seems rather pointless having a complaints procedure >:(
O yea of little faith !!!!

sooty2

« Reply #437 on: October 03, 2010, 11:26:56 AM »
Thanks for the link Dave,It was Andrew Stunnel who informed us all about the case being investigated months ago, He said he was dealing with another constituents complaint,but we don't know the nature of the complaint or who it was from.