Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207041 times)

OliverJohnstone

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »
Of course I have morals & principles. But boundaries are crucial in terms of what committee will take any decisions over planning and which Councillors will take those decisions. Unfortunately, in my experience, the Liberal Democrats do not listen to anyone else on such matters.

Miss Marple

« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »
So what are you saying Oliver ???  That historic buildings, wasted public monies and boundaries only take precedence when what- ever party is in office . Well if that is the case no wonder the country's in a mess.  I would have thought that even to consider being a councillor the very basic credentials needed were Morals, Principals a sense of injustice etc etc   The word not in my back yard should not spring to mind when a building or proposed eye sore is planned. IN my opinion we all have a duty to prevent further buildings from the fate of SMBC planners who have allowed the recent losses such as
The Jolly Sailor Hotel Marple, The Hollies  Marple Road,  High Hatherlow House,  Yew Tree Farm Offerton / Marple Border,
Seventeen Windows  The Barns behind Old Rectory Stockport,  Cottages and buildings at Offerton Fold, Liberal Club Marple, Old Boat House Inn Canal Side Romiley,  Farm House Perter St Hazel Grove,  Marple Hall,  Home Guard Post Top of Dan Bank Marple,  Farm House Commercial Road Hazel Grove I am sure more people on this site could add to the list.  Stockport Council appears to want to wipe out all of the historical buildings in Stockport and build more retirement flats   Hello Stockport SMBC planning department  this is a wake up call  :(

O

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »
Thank you very much Victor. No I am not from Marple but I am the Conservative spokesman for an area which part of Marple falls into. For the record I am perfectly aware of where the ward boundaries are.

The Liberal Democrat Councillors which represent that area (Offerton Ward) are Councillors Wendy Meikle, Dave Goddard (Leader of the Council) and John Smith.

Victor M

« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »
The problem is that Seventeen Windows is not in Marple, it is in Offerton. It would have been the Offerton Area committee that would have sanctioned the work on the pavement widening and probably council employees who negotiated with the owner of Seventeen windows to purchase the required land. But that is for the ongoing investigations to ascertain, together with any misappropriation of public funds, which is probably why Andrew, as the local MP, is dealing with it. I would expect local people to be aware of the local boundaries but not Oliver as he isn't from Marple!

OliverJohnstone

« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »
All your local Councillors are Liberal Democrats.

Miss Marple

« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2010, 11:28:54 AM »
I would have thought that all our local councillors no matter what their affiliation would be jumping on board this injustice and public waste of money.  Having read posts on this forum it sounds like they can all talk the talk but can not walk the walk.  As a community we should be asking how can it be right that public money was ploughed into this project that benefited a private individual when Tree Tops pre school nursery has not been given financial support from SMBC or alternative premises.   Oh silly me the parents are just hard working individuals who want the best for their children, who work hard to pay taxes so that SMBC can give it away to proffit individuals. 
What do our councillors say who post on this forum are you going to become proactive instead of hiding behind the mess of the election   I would love to hear your views  :-\

Mike in Marple

« Reply #325 on: May 11, 2010, 08:48:43 AM »
Andrew Stunnell might be investigating, but i bet it's not his main priority at the moment - he's currently one of the 4 Lib Dem's on their negotiation team with the Con's and Lab.

sooty2

« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2010, 05:40:58 PM »
Wide ranging enquiry? sounds interesting!They must think something has gone on. The plot thickens.

Victor M

« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2010, 04:28:03 PM »
I think we will just have to wait until the full story unfolds, but it's nice to see that our local MP is investigating the matter, however at this moment in time I think he's maybe got more pressing matters to attend too. But at least it shows the benefit of having a local MP.

Miss Marple

« Reply #322 on: May 09, 2010, 10:52:42 PM »
Just received a letter from Andrew Stunell regarding the costs of the works at Seventeen Windows, which reads.

Thank you for your recent email about the cost of works at Seventeen Windows.  I am sorry that I didn't keep you up to date with the progress on this,which is also being pursued by another constituent.  Unfortunately because of the other case,the need to give you feedback too was overlooked.
As a result of questions asked there is now a wide-ranging enquiry which may yet result in a formal complaint to the Ombudsman.   I am still awaiting official notification of the scheme's cost,but will of course pass on to you as much information as possible as this matter unfolds
I hope this is of some help, I will contact you again shortly
Yours Sincerely
Andrew Stunell

IT LOOKS LIKE THERE HAS BEEN SOME DODGY DEALINGS  :o WHAT DO YOU THINK  ???

sooty2

« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »
The penny has just dropped! CONTRAK and I thought it was a spelling mistake ;) Alan your post has set everyone off again ;D

sooty2

« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2010, 09:39:52 PM »
Please tell me this is a wind up Amazon? Seems a bit primitive taking car numbers or is it a traffic survey? If it is true, can you say where you got the information from? The thought of the owners extracting more money from a government agency makes me see RED >:( Have I fell hook, line and sinker for this one?

amazon

« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2010, 08:14:37 PM »
Well said Miss Marple. Dont know if you are being serious Amazon :) It could be possible, a house in Adswood was bought by train spotters as it was next to the track, there was a picture of them in the Evening News.
;)

They work for the dlva . on six months contrack .

sooty2

« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2010, 08:01:14 PM »
Well said Miss Marple. Dont know if you are being serious Amazon :) It could be possible, a house in Adswood was bought by train spotters as it was next to the track, there was a picture of them in the Evening News.

Miss Marple

« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »
Hey Alan my father fought for free speech !   :'(