Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207992 times)

tina

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2009, 11:20:50 PM »
I've kept quiet as I have said all I need to say on the matter... I pass it everyday on my way to work..I think its looking good the whole area looks so much more brighter and not a dark gloomy corner!!!!...  I still read daily to see what other hot air is blown all out of proportion, I just choose not to comment every 5 mins  ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2009, 04:44:58 PM »
Just an observation but can anyone spot the hill/ mound/ ski slope in the old photos.   :D Thought not  :-\ NO JUST TREES AND TREES AND TREES !!!

Miss Marple

« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2009, 02:49:07 PM »
I was going to add some comments, but whats to point? your mind is closed. But I'm not really bothered. 

Why didn't you publish the whole email your councillor sent to you? That is what I would like to know. 'technical error' hmmm.

The b/w pictures although very pretty are very very old, and whilst it may well be yourself in the first one I was merely a glint in the milkmans eye! were you stood there protesting at the thought of traffic lights? tarmac because its too black and clashes with the brickwork? Maybe the 1930's ribbon housing development taking place just up the road? Or the advent of the railways?

The coloured pictures just look like a derelict overgrown house, which it was, until someone came along and spent a whole lot of money on it, so it will be there long after your gone, albeit in a different form.

I think they should be celebrated.

By your reasoning marple hall house is better in its current state than if many years ago someone has transformed it into flats, or retirement apartments.

'' Bet they are not local NIMBY springs to mind !!!!'' this doesn't make any sense.

I forwarded the complete email to admin what are you trying to say that he held information back  :o    SHAME ON YOU !!!  PS  Your right that could  have been a relative of mine but maybe  my Great Great Great  Grandfather I am only 25 :P

Rachael

« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »

The b/w pictures although very pretty are very very old, and whilst it may well be yourself in the first one I was merely a glint in the milkmans eye! were you stood there protesting at the thought of traffic lights? tarmac because its too black and clashes with the brickwork? Maybe the 1930's ribbon housing development taking place just up the road? Or the advent of the railways?

:o

You have  to admit, that post was hilarious :)  ;D

Rachael

« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2009, 09:56:15 AM »
All the ' much needed change' to Seventeen Windows  supporters have gone extremely quiet!  FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN NOT THINK WHY !!!! >:(  Could it be the pictures of Seventeen Windows ? could they have highlighted what a complete and utter mess it is now ! )

Its called sitting back and having a good chuckle at the readings of "hot air" being blown in the wrong direction , and then from a chuckle to a belly laugh when it becomes ever so apparent  :P

andy+kirsty

« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:24 AM »
I was going to add some comments, but whats to point? your mind is closed. But I'm not really bothered. 

Why didn't you publish the whole email your councillor sent to you? That is what I would like to know. 'technical error' hmmm.

The coloured pictures just look like a derelict overgrown house, which it was, until someone came along and spent a whole lot of money on it, so it will be there long after your gone, albeit in a different form.

I think they should be celebrated.

By your reasoning marple hall house is better in its current state than if many years ago someone has transformed it into flats, or retirement apartments.

'' Bet they are not local NIMBY springs to mind !!!!'' this doesn't make any sense.

Miss Marple

« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »
Bulldozing the lot would be a Huge improvement and maybe replanting all the trees they removed  ???   Now maybe I am missing something here!  Are we not supposed to be planting trees to protect and prevent climate change! Or is that only if you live in the real world?   So for all the Seventeen windows supporters how can you justify that monstrosity of a building, turn a blind eye to the mature trees that were felled to enable such a development? and support what looks like the devastation of half a rain Forest (fences ) in the name of progress.  The only explanation I have is that the planning department must be run by townies who are out of their comfort zone if an area is green!  Bet they are not local NIMBY springs to mind !!!!

moonforest

« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »
Went past it today, it's still a monstrosity and it's hard to see how it could improve.

Miss Marple

« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »
What utter nonsense !!  The supporters of this monstrosity have finally thrown the towel in because they now know that 'THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS'  :P   

Tricky

« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2009, 03:46:25 PM »
Well said Dave.

meh

Dave

« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2009, 03:33:31 PM »
All the ' much needed change' to Seventeen Windows  supporters have gone extremely quiet! 

An example which others would do well to follow!   ;)  As Pink Panther wrote about four months ago:

I think its unfair to judge untill the work is done .

Miss Marple

« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
All the ' much needed change' to Seventeen Windows  supporters have gone extremely quiet!  FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN NOT THINK WHY !!!! >:(  Could it be the pictures of Seventeen Windows ? could they have highlighted what a complete and utter mess it is now ! )

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2009, 09:03:07 AM »

The last two were taken a few years back, probably around 2005
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2009, 08:54:12 PM »
Yes Alan, I agree with you, I mentioned it back on post 69. It will be like living in a goldfish bowl now all the trees and bushes have gone next to the road. I still think some Leylandii would help.May be they are on their way!
[/qu Does Any Body Know Who Owns Seventeen windows .I think there is two houses there now one  door both ends now have curtains installed . possible split for letting . . .

ADMIN on The archives page i think its page ten picture  of seventeen windows as it used to be  could you put on the seventeen windows pages . just to get every body going again . [ love this website better than reading the papers ]   

sooty2

« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »
Yes Alan, I agree with you, I mentioned it back on post 69. It will be like living in a goldfish bowl now all the trees and bushes have gone next to the road. I still think some Leylandii would help.May be they are on their way!