Marple Glass and Glazing

Linked Events

• Dan Bank Closed Overnight: July 29, 2010 - July 31, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 02, 2010 - August 07, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 09, 2010 - August 14, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 16, 2010 - August 21, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 23, 2010 - August 27, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 31, 2010 - September 05, 2010

Author Topic: Dan Bank Road Works  (Read 45487 times)

Dave

Re: Dan Bank Road Works
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »
Yes we did - but Channel 5 (no doubt keen to maximise advertising revenue on the only Channel 5 programme that anyone actually watches!) put on an extra Ashes programme yesterday as well, just so we could enjoy it all over again.   ;D

Victor M

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 12:59:06 PM »
Dave,
You only missed the highlights by 24 hrs. We won the Test on Sunday!

Dave

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 11:49:50 AM »
Don't know about whether the works are going to plan, but Dan Bank was definitely closed from just after 7.00 p.m. last night.  I know because I had forgotten about the closure and was rushing home to catch the Ashes highlights on Channel 5.   :'(

Victor M

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2009, 08:00:41 AM »
Does anyone know if the work last night went to plan. At 7:30 this morning the large electronic sign at the junction of Arkwright Road & Strines Road is showing that Dan Bank is Closed, whilst all the diversion signs have been covered up!  Anyone any ideas if the road is open or not.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »
It's the obvious one really, see http://www.u-to-us.com/danbank/admin/uploads/Dan_Bank_Diversion_Routes.pdf

The one the gas board usually dig up at the same time  ::)

I would imagine that this information will be on the leaflet when it arrives.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alan@marple

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »
What's the diversion route?

Victor M

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 10:48:53 AM »
If you look at the calender it is actually only 4 weeks until the roadworks start.

Belly

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2009, 10:07:51 AM »
The problem is that there is only one effective sign actually in Marple, most of the traffic travelling through Dan Bank actually originates in Marple, Glossop or New Mills and there are no signs on Glossop Road, Strines Road, Station Road or Marple Road (Stockport).

People now are going on holiday and will be away for 2 weeks, so probably won't get the newsletter in time, and no one as far as I am aware has actually received the newsletter yet. Another example of brilliant Council communications.  And what has happened to the electronic newsletter we signed up to, has that collapsed like the road?

I got mine yesterday and its very informative.

I can't believe all the fuss for what is only an overnight closure at this stage. And its still 5 weks away, so thats one hell of a holiday that Marple residents must take if they don't get to see the information.  ;)

Victor M

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2009, 09:23:20 AM »
The problem is that there is only one effective sign actually in Marple, most of the traffic travelling through Dan Bank actually originates in Marple, Glossop or New Mills and there are no signs on Glossop Road, Strines Road, Station Road or Marple Road (Stockport).

People now are going on holiday and will be away for 2 weeks, so probably won't get the newsletter in time, and no one as far as I am aware has actually received the newsletter yet. Another example of brilliant Council communications.  And what has happened to the electronic newsletter we signed up to, has that collapsed like the road?

Belly

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »

Plus another one near to Morrisons, one outside the Bulls Head in Hazel Grove....  and all Marple residents should have now (or will very soon) recieved their Dab Bank newsletter.

Hardly an information blackout with the works still over a month away!

nbt

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 10:42:44 PM »
there's one sign at the bottom of dan bank itslef, and another one outside the bonny bouncer in woodley  / bredbury
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Victor M

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 02:44:06 PM »
I just travelled through Dan Bank and seen that they have at last fitted at least one notice saying that the road will be closed from 24th Aug - 28th Aug, but there are no warning signs if you approach from the direction of Strines and no warning signs on Marple Road between Dan Bank and Stockport
HOWEVER if you are travelling in Woodley there are at least 2 large signs warning of the closure. Nice to think that the Highways dept think it is more important to warn the people in Tameside and Woodley before the local people of Marple.

Victor M

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »
I remember them saying in the last newsletter that was sent out that this was going to happen in the summer. Pity they could only give us 4 weeks notice of when it will happen, are they going to put signs up, and if yes will they only go up with a few days notice as normally happens around here?
I would have thought it imperative that warning signs go up now.
Also has anyone let British Gas know, so that they can schedule work on all the other roads out of Marple at the same time, just like they did last summer!

tonyjones

Dan Bank Road Works
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2009, 01:44:45 PM »
I notice that workmen are setting up a compound at the top of Dan Bank.

I have been told that the Road will be closed overnight (7pm - 6am) for five nights starting on August 24th and that an information leaflet is being sent out later this week detailing alternative routes etc.

Perhaps a good time to go on holiday !

amazon

Re: Danbank improvements
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 12:55:53 PM »
I don't know if it's because the trees have been cut down but now you can see lots of litter all the way down Dan bank. Lucozade bottles, and the usual McDonalds containers. The sad thing is the litter appears to have been chucked out of vehicles as a lot of it is at the traffic lights.

Dont tell stockport mbc they wont now what your on about .only have litter patrolls in stockport town centre .