Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Linked Events

• Dan Bank Closed Overnight: July 29, 2010 - July 31, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 02, 2010 - August 07, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 09, 2010 - August 14, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 16, 2010 - August 21, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 23, 2010 - August 27, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 31, 2010 - September 05, 2010

Author Topic: Dan Bank Road Works  (Read 45489 times)

CTCREP

Re: Dan Bank Road Works
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 10:26:25 AM »
Hi Dave.  I rather suspect it isn't just to create Miss Marple's cycle lane. However as a cyclist I can't help thinking that they shouldn't waste their money, let the road collapse, we cyclists will always get through. Just joking. However I guess they will rebuild the road that is collapsing, not because of the trees, but because of the continual increase in weight put on it by the transport lobby. I have always thought it a remarkable coincidence,  when the country was required to test all its bridges to see if they were safe enough to cope with the latest round of vehicle weight increases, that the Iron Bridge in Brabyns Park was closed.

amazon

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 09:57:47 PM »
I'm very glad to hear they will be replanting the trees etc, although it's been lovely to be able to have a good view of the woodlands down to the river below. Travelling home through the trees at Dan Bank after a long day at work is always refreshing!  :)

Thats why dan banks subsiding the Bloody trees . 

Dave

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »
12 weeks - good grief!  Let's hope it's not just to build Miss Marple's cycle lane......    ;)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
Latest news is that Dan Bank will be closed to all through traffic from 7pm to 6am each night starting mid-June for 12 weeks. Don't know the exact dates yet but I've put it in the calendar for reference and will adjust when dates are confirmed. Something to look forward to  :-\
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

moonforest

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2009, 10:09:29 PM »
I'm very glad to hear they will be replanting the trees etc, although it's been lovely to be able to have a good view of the woodlands down to the river below. Travelling home through the trees at Dan Bank after a long day at work is always refreshing!  :)

Miss Marple

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 06:00:20 PM »
 Contacted Highways today and the good news is that the first stage of work on Dan Bank is near completion so all the plant machinery will soon be moved!  Bad news is that the second part of the  stabilizing starts in a year so the green fencing is here to stay for sometime.  I have asked if the area is to be returned to its original state once the fencing has been removed.  I was assured that it would be and that they would plant trees and bushes as soon as the fence is removed   

Mike in Marple

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2009, 10:46:32 PM »
Went down Dan Bank @ 18.30 today - no lights then.

Victor M

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
We celebrated too early, there were temporary traffic lights on Dan Bank at 4:00 pm this afternoon causing chaos. The Dan Bank website has the following message displayed

"Please note the works have finished ahead of schedule and there is no road closure on Friday 28th August as previously advertised.

STOCKPORT ROAD (A626) IS NOW OPEN"

Anyone any ideas how long these temp traffic lights are going to be in place?  Just taken me 45 mins to get from Marple to Cheadle making me late for work. Well done SMBC your communication skills are legendary!

alison

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2009, 08:56:46 PM »
I just checked the date and its definitely not April 1st! Roadworks finished early - no road closure - wow! Not often that happens, well done workpeople!
Alison

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2009, 09:44:54 AM »
Have received advice that due to the road stabilising works finishing early, Stockport Road (A626) is open tonight, Friday 28th August. The scheduled road closure has been cancelled.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

CTCREP

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 09:49:36 AM »
The chaos starts even further away. Information lights have been erected at the traffic light junction between Bredbury and Romiley at Barrack Hill. They are situated behind other signs so it is impossible to read the whole message when approaching and which could well be totally hidden behind a lorry waiting to go into Romiley.

moonforest

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 10:47:53 PM »
::)  Correction the flashing road signs are from America but are being set by a man on his computer  in Milton Keynes and as I am looking out of my window I can believe it.  It is absolute chaos there is traffic coming down the road at high speed ignoring all the signs and having to be turned back undertaking u turns in the middle of the road.  The workmen have not had chance to start the work this evening due to the amount of traffic including buses, car's taxi's wagons and even a police patrol car ignoring at least four 'The road ahead is closed signs!!!    As I am writing this people are arguing outside  my house with the work men demanding they be let through and still the traffic is speeding down towards Dan Bank and having to be turned around.  ITS MADNESS !!!!

Blimey it sounds like utter chaos!!

nbt

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 07:54:47 PM »
Dan Bank was open at 7.15 this morning, I went down it on my bike :)
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Miss Marple

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 07:43:34 PM »
 ::)  Correction the flashing road signs are from America but are being set by a man on his computer  in Milton Keynes and as I am looking out of my window I can believe it.  It is absolute chaos there is traffic coming down the road at high speed ignoring all the signs and having to be turned back undertaking u turns in the middle of the road.  The workmen have not had chance to start the work this evening due to the amount of traffic including buses, car's taxi's wagons and even a police patrol car ignoring at least four 'The road ahead is closed signs!!!    As I am writing this people are arguing outside  my house with the work men demanding they be let through and still the traffic is speeding down towards Dan Bank and having to be turned around.  ITS MADNESS !!!!

Miss Marple

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2009, 05:44:42 PM »
 :o The screens with lights are from America and believe it or not they are monitored from there.  I was informed by the friendly Workman outside my house?  Strange but true according to the man who knows   ???